Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Mental Health needs so much more funding in this country.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Spookydonut posted:

loving beaten like Bucky Foolminster's keyboard after a long medium "session"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
There is nothing even close to mental derangement in those long arse posts.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hobo Erotica: In 1887, a man founded an organisation. they published a book. Then, in 1987, another man founded another organisation. They also published books.

Recoombe and spooky donut: hooooooly gently caress man! what drugs is this guy on?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

eXXon posted:

They probably have that many views because you've been spamming the link relentlessly in QAnon/USPol threads (earning numerous probes and bans in the process) and have a seemingly endless supply of twitter sockpuppets to repost it (Animal Friend is just taking the piss, I guess). I'm just curious why you picked AusPol next and also can you actually monetize medium posts? Even ones that have hundreds of MB of attached images so that they probably cost more for medium & readers to host & render than they'll ever earn in ad revenue?

lol no SA accounts for <0.1% of views you weirdo. And I don't think posting it in USPol once constitutes relentless spamming. Oh and I posted it in UKpol, cos one of their respected journalists shared it, and its affecting them too.

I don't have any twitter sock puppets. Animal Friend appears to be sharing genuine tweets.

I came in here now because this (or the LF embassy at least) is basically where it started, a candidate for a political party led by a military-trained theocratic fascist said at a rally that he wanted to use his maiden speech to murder parliament, that is relevant to Australian Politics, and I remembered this thread as being anti-fascist. I didn't actually post the article, but people seem to want to talk about it.

I think you can monetize medium posts but it's not something I'm interested in.

Laserface posted:

So does investigative journalism

Amethyst posted:

What's a good name for his channel? "What's Really Going On - The True Truth"? Or how about "The Truth Behind the Truth"? "Transcending Insanity: A Truth Lover Zone"

Info/Peace?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Amethyst posted:

There is nothing even close to mental derangement in those long arse posts.

the insane screed defender has logged on

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Auspol: Tl;dr

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Recoome posted:

Come on man this is gross. Feel free to find fault in the actual article if you want but don't gaslight like this.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Konomex posted:

The anti vax fascists aren't cops, as opposed to the fascist cops of yesteryear. There are still fascist cops, but not anti-vax fascist cops.

We're gonna need a bunch of Venn Diagrams and some red string to explain this properly.

Why on earth would you assume anti Vax cops would quit their job rather than get the vaxx? Why would a fascist relinquish power at the cost of principle?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The problem with the article isn't that it's insane. It's too sane if anything. Basically it's a compilation of wikipedia level information to support a mundane theory that has already been articulated in publications like the Atlantic since like 2015. But you know, whatever. it's effort posting

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Come on man this is gross. Feel free to find fault in the actual article if you want but don't gaslight like this.

literally trying to load but medium keeps throwing up an error, can you like do some kind of summary in a few sentences?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hobo Erotica, a year after a bunch of misinformed idiots broke into the whitehouse and trashed the joint: Reactionary Elements of society are whipping themselves up over conspiracy theories. Why am I the only one who sees this?!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hi amethyst, big fan.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Amethyst posted:

Hobo Erotica, a year after a bunch of misinformed idiots broke into the whitehouse and trashed the joint: Reactionary Elements of society are whipping themselves up over conspiracy theories. Why am I the only one who sees this?!

:hmmyes:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hey Hobo, wanna join discord? :angel:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The true idiocy at the core of these movements is if the pigs treated these "protestors" like they do people protesting for BLM or climate change action, they'd be wiped out in a week. Instead they get to tromp around the houses of parliament with no repercussions so they get bolder.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Happy year of the Tiger to all and sundry in the AusPol thread.

May it's roar bring only happiness, joy, and success to all.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hey Bucky, let me see if I can enunciate this properly:

I care about the rise in facism that appears to be springing up all over the globe. It is something that affects me both from a theoretical political perspective, because I'm an unabashed leftist and despise bigotry in all its forms, and from a personal perspective because my partner is Jewish, with grandparents on both sides who are Survivors.

Regardless, your posting in this thread alone is utterly exhausting, and actively reduces my drive to converse with others on the topic. I like this thread because it's a good distillation of issues affecting the country and provides me with insights that News corp/the Murdoch press does not, but rather than making a concise point and providing links to resources that I might find informative, you've designated yourself the Saviour of Political Discourse who must ensure the none avoids reading their Holy Writ, and in doing so have started to render this thread into an unreadable garbage pile full of overblown walls of text that are bereft of interest and 50% defensive. I want to use this thread to inform me and spur me to engage with others politically, but your methods, regardless of the purity of your motivations, are so aggravating and poorly executed that I want to take a break from the thread.

I am genuinely asking for you to reflect and consider the feedback you are receiving.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I support bucky's efforts to annoy breetai

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Recoome posted:

This isn't very nice. He put work into it and it's all rooted in things that happened. I watched Q Into the Storm last week and that was 99% fun conjecture presented as investigation.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Acting like bucky posting his dinky blog is having a deleterious effect on your drive as a person is pretty over the top

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Amethyst posted:

They're not just whipping themselves up though, they're being deliberately whipped up. It's who has been doing the misinforming of the idiots, and how, which is the point. And it hasn't been covered sufficiently, unless you can show me something I've missed.

Q has always been, and still is, seen as a prank that spiralled out of control. A lonely LARPer who got lucky. Almost all coverage has revolved around "Oh my god, this is what these idiots are saying today, isn't that dumb, it's not even true, hahaha, but actually it's also kind of bad". There has been little to no examination of where it's actually coming from, and often outright obfuscation from the people who are supposed to be watching it. Any suggestion that it's part of a propaganda operation is immediately met with scorn without any actual argument, and it's a problem.

Breetai posted:

Hey Bucky, let me see if I can enunciate this properly:

I care about the rise in facism that appears to be springing up all over the globe. It is something that affects me both from a theoretical political perspective, because I'm an unabashed leftist and despise bigotry in all its forms, and from a personal perspective because my partner is Jewish, with grandparents on both sides who are Survivors.

Regardless, your posting in this thread alone is utterly exhausting, and actively reduces my drive to converse with others on the topic. I like this thread because it's a good distillation of issues affecting the country and provides me with insights that News corp/the Murdoch press does not, but rather than making a concise point and providing links to resources that I might find informative, you've designated yourself the Saviour of Political Discourse who must ensure the none avoids reading their Holy Writ, and in doing so have started to render this thread into an unreadable garbage pile full of overblown walls of text that are bereft of interest and 50% defensive. I want to use this thread to inform me and spur me to engage with others politically, but your methods, regardless of the purity of your motivations, are so aggravating and poorly executed that I want to take a break from the thread.

I am genuinely asking for you to reflect and consider the feedback you are receiving.

I hear you, and for the nth time, I didn't post the loving article. I posted Bosi's candidate saying he was going to murder everyone, and signs that something was brewing in Canberra. Then animal friend responded with the article about 3 times and derailed the conversation. But yes, they are actually links to resources you might find informative. If they can bloody load in your browser of course.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hobo erotica used Stoke Ennui, it's super effective

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

What's a good name for his channel? "What's Really Going On - The True Truth"? Or how about "The Truth Behind the Truth"? "Transcending Insanity: A Truth Lover Zone"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

He came back to this with "InfoPEACE". I am thoroughly outclassed

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Ok I went back and read ur posts. It’s all true. Gj Bucky ur doing the lords work

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lair of Truth Monger

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Keep posting. It’s actually good

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I think we should make bucky and amethyst fight

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TammyHEH posted:

I think we should make bucky and amethyst fight

why? they're both my favourite posters atm.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

This thread just witnessed hobo erotica post "I should call my channel info PEACE instead of info WARS" and somehow carried on like nothing happened.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

why? they're both my favourite posters atm.

It would be funny to me

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

WIFE, FROM UPSTAIRS: What are you chuckilng about down there?
ME, TRYING TO GET THE PHRASE "INFO PEACE" OUT OF MY HEAD: n-nothing dear

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I want to hear more from Mister Fucky Bull, Minister of Agriculture.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Amethyst posted:

WIFE, FROM UPSTAIRS: What are you chuckilng about down there?
ME, TRYING TO GET THE PHRASE "INFO PEACE" OUT OF MY HEAD: n-nothing dear

eXXon posted:

Now we know why the wife is upstairs...

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

eXXon posted:

Retirement homes should teach primary schools gardening skills.

Win win win.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
We skipped an important point, why do crazies think drones have insect dna in them?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Shouldn't it be 'Info Peaces' since Infowars is plural

e:
NAME MY BLOG INFO PEACES
THIS IS HOW Q WAS FORMED

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

SuddenCactus posted:

We skipped an important point, why do crazies think drones have insect dna in them?

How do you think they fly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Laserface posted:

Shouldn't it be 'Info Peaces' since Infowars is plural

e:
NAME MY BLOG INFO PEACES
THIS IS HOW Q WAS FORMED

It’s also pieces of info, geddit