Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I wonder if they script her promos, or if Vince is like "She'a a big celebrity! She doesn't need scripted promos!" while handing three pages of dialogue to Kevin Owens to memorize.

That’s 100% a pre-written promo, you can hear the writerly stuff all over it. “I could choose Rebecca, but… my attention is a compliment she doesn’t really deserve” is something a person writes but nobody says. It’s a very stage performance sort of line. “She wants my attention, but she doesn’t deserve it” is more how people tend to actually talk. The former line is something an actual trained actor might be able to make work, but even then, they’d ask to massage it a bit so that it’s easier to remember and more natural to say, something they can chunk out into pieces. This one is a short, chunkable first part and a second part that the writer thought was a clever little crack and let get away from them. And that’s just the first line in the video!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the writing in that promo was only bad because the agents made fun of the writers

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shard posted:

Is she supposed to be the face? She sounds like an arrogant rear end in a top hat.

In Vince McMahon's eyes? Absolutely yes

bartok
May 10, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

She’s a famous actor, she’s amazing. Get over yourselves.

She's not bad in that one Fast & Furious movie where she barely has any dialogue and fights Michelle Rodriguez.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bartok posted:

She's not bad in that one Fast & Furious movie where she barely has any dialogue and fights Michelle Rodriguez.

I agree she’s pretty good when you don’t have to listen to her or see her that much.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

bartok posted:

She has like one line and somehow it's the worst lineread I've ever seen in a movie

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flatluigi posted:

if you're gonna troll pick someone who isn't a giant transphobe tyvm

How about Charlotte

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bartok posted:

She's absolutely terrible in the third Expendables movie.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jiro posted:

She's absolutely terrible in the third Expendables movie.

There was a third expendables movie? why lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She was awful when she voiced Sonya Blade in the last MK game.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

There was a third expendables movie? why lol

Money

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
For someone who claims to know so much about crisis actors, you'd think Ronda would know a little about actual acting

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Well when you hire the same striking coach as Shane McMahon you're not exactly known for making good brain decisions

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

flatluigi posted:

if you're gonna troll pick someone who isn't a giant transphobe tyvm

Isn't she also a Sandy Hook truther?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

WWE has so many people who could be main eventers with a good mouthpiece, there’s zero reason for Malcolm Bivens to be slumming it in NXT.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

quote:

And I started hysterically laughing because I thought it was my friend joking with me. I was like ‘oh you’re friggin hilarious.’ And then he was like ‘actually no, this is an official call.’ And I was like ‘oh. Fu*k no. I’m not coming back.’ And he was like ‘oh, we’d like to offer you this.’ I was like ‘first of all, I already know I’m still under my 90 days. You’re still going to be paying me anyway. So you’re not offering me anything.’ I was like ‘no. I’m not fu*king coming back. Absolutely fu*king not. Is this all it was?’ And he was like ‘yes.’ I’m like ‘okay. Bye.'

- Nia Jax

I have a lot more respect for Nia than I ever I would.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bartok posted:

Badass Goon the hero has to fight on their way to the big bad is the perfect role for her in movies and probably in wrestling too.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

With the Royal Rumble now having come and gone, we've got lots of news on the show.

There were tons of extras and backups in town who were not used. Apollo Crews, R-Truth Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander, Aksana, Jillian Hall were all in town for the show, and served to do media events or backup work. Kaitlyn was also around but we're not told if she was an alternate. The NXT talent that was in Kansas City for dark matches were not brought to St. Louis for the Royal Rumble. We were told by NXT talent as far as three weeks before the Royal Rumble that some of them were tipped off that they likely wouldn't be used, and that WWE wanted to lean away from using NXT 2.0 talent. No reason why was given.

From a producer standpoint, Shane McMahon wasn't listed internally as a producer for the match, but to confirm Ringside News' report, we're told that he was heavily involved the match, particularly a lot of the late changes that happened. One source indicated that even separate of that, it was the most frustrating and stressful experience of their WWE careers, and things were changing right up to the minute people would go through the curtain. Specifically, we're told Vince McMahon changed the order of the men's Royal Rumble, and there were a few times where people going out didn't know who they were eliminating.

As published earlier, regarding PWInsider's report that Riddle was set to win the Royal Rumble until a last minute change, top talent and longtime names in the company claim that isn't true, with multiple noting that they've been hearing that Brock Lesnar has been penciled in to be the winner at least two weeks prior. People close to Riddle say that he was never told that he'd be winning the match, and another person wouldn't reveal who a previously discussed winner was, but said only one was heard about before Lesnar, and it wasn't Riddle. 

Fit Finlay was brought in, as Tyson Kidd has not been producing matches for WWE for several weeks now, with several stars saying the reason was actually tied to this Royal Rumble. We've confirmed with the company Kidd is still there as a producer technically, but his absence was felt on Saturday. Those who participated in the match said it was a mess, and the morale was already low. One talent noted that they should have had more main roster or contracted talent than veterans on hand for the Royal Rumble match. It was called "complete chaos" by one talent. We've heard of at least one women's talent that passed on doing the Royal Rumble because they learned TJ Wilson wasn't producing.

We heard from several talent that grew increasingly frustrated over the fact that so many on screen pairings, whether they be teams or feuds were paid off. Many pointed to the Mysterios and Street Profits being used to promote the Rumble match, with no furthering or interaction between them. We'll have more on this this week. 

Regarding several of the names discussed, we're told that Asuka and Kairi Sane's names were brought up, but WWE didn't feel Asuka was physically ready, and that it was easier to bring in other talent than Kairi Sane.

Drew McIntyre's appearance was kept very quiet, and him even being able to appear wasn't a sure thing. We've been told that he's not quite 100 percent soon, and is continuing to rehabilitate his neck. He first sustained his injury in 2016, and has been working around it ever since. There were many within the company that had no idea Drew McIntyre was back until he appeared at Gorilla position.

After the show to help get the audience happy, Randy Orton posed for the hometown crowd. The WrestleMania sign caught on fire multiple times, and fans were evacuated from the area twice. Those near Gorilla Position didn't know until it was already being lowered. Before Brock Lesnar's win, the audience was evacuated from there again, and it caught fire again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Minidust posted:

I know I'm thinking about this more than WWE did, but wtf was even the point of Charlotte entering the Rumble as champion?

Tease champ/champ match with Becky, which is what's really going to happen that weekend with Brock/Reigns anyway so idk why they didn't just pull the trigger on it and get it over with. It's not like they're known for showing restraint otherwise

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

1glitch0 posted:

Serious question, is Rousey considered a good promo?

I can't find a copy of the Adam Cole no no no no video so imagine I posted it here

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Zombie Lemur posted:

Isn't she also a Sandy Hook truther?

yeah

she also used to mod a pokemon forum

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How the gently caress does this company run itself like it's a backyard wrestling promotion??? :psypop:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ronda is a big mainstream star that brings mainstream press except she isn't really and also noted WWE talent Bad Bunny is much more famous and mainstream

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone straight up passing on being in the women's rumble because TJ Wilson wasn't involved in producing it should be a major red flag if anyone in the company was paying attention.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Ronda is a big mainstream star that brings mainstream press except she isn't really and also noted WWE talent Bad Bunny is much more famous and mainstream

Bad Bunny is also a million times better in the ring

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Someone straight up passing on being in the women's rumble because TJ Wilson wasn't involved in producing it should be a major red flag if anyone in the company was paying attention.

Yeah, a red flag that TJ Wilson is a rabble-rouser and should be out of a job!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

another person wouldn't reveal who a previously discussed winner was, but said only one was heard about before Lesnar, and it wasn't Riddle.

A million percent sure it was Reigns

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bad Bunny is also a million times better in the ring

I mean yeah obviously but The Narrative on Rousey was we have to ignore that since she's the biggest star since the rock or whatever

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean yeah obviously but The Narrative on Rousey was we have to ignore that since she's the biggest star since the rock or whatever

Biggest star since the egg.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Wwe’s obsession with clout chasing because they neuter their talent’s opportunities to become more mainstream and nobody is bigger than the brand will always be funny as gently caress.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The report from Meltzer is that Ronda is supposed to be the heel, too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Two heels?????Thats fitting. considerin their audience is "walkin away"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

After the show to help get the audience happy, Randy Orton posed for the hometown crowd. The WrestleMania sign caught on fire multiple times, and fans were evacuated from the area twice. Those near Gorilla Position didn't know until it was already being lowered. Before Brock Lesnar's win, the audience was evacuated from there again, and it caught fire again.

You know, I feel like a normal, sane company would put their show on hold when there's a giant sign on fire above the audience.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Are you suggesting they should have skipped the start of the Road to Wrestlemania™ and the iconic Wrestlemania sign point™!?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Big Queefy posted:

I have a lot more respect for Nia than I ever I would.

It's interesting that she's within her 90 days and she can just tell them to gently caress off.

There was this implied thing that with Drake he had to return for the CW title tournament because he was contractually obligated to

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rhonne posted:

You know, I feel like a normal, sane company would put their show on hold when there's a giant sign on fire above the audience.

yeah, and I bet you also think that sneezing is some kind of involuntary response, and not a sign of unacceptable weakness :rolleyes:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1488621502949957644?s=20&t=Ewf4NYxGxVxS2np1iap4eQ

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that and the night after wrestlemania could be raw’s current ceiling

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Main event promos are a draw, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They were at .58 last year and that was a big disappointment.