Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Classy pantless zoomers use shirt stays

As in the generation or as in people using Zoom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

How do you wear that? Is that meant to replace a belt, or is it like... underwear > shirt > that thing > pants > belt?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it is basically an extra, tighter, rubber belt that goes over your shirt but under your trousers.

Personally I just don't tuck my shirt in, or I use braces anyway because they actually pull your kecks up.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A real product

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Those would give the weirdest tan lines.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's literally a set of braces that someone put together backwards lmao, with the long bits and short bits in opposite places.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

These are for military uniforms. They rub the hair off your legs on the sides.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Can confirm.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bar Ran Dun posted:

there are much easier ways to remove leg hair

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can confirm that Marines are dolphin smooth below the belt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

We talking the full Ken doll situation or just fresh naired legs smooth?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Zil posted:

We talking the full Ken doll situation or just fresh naired legs smooth?

Full Ken from Lieutenant and above

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
If I'm wearing tights with a high waist skirt, I've been known to tuck my shirt into the tights.

Another hot tip: if your tights creep down in the crotch, wearing another pair of underwear over them will keep them up (the "Superman").

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Bismuth posted:

Corn is better than wheat in almost every way

Country girls make do

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

i think you mean "shark smooth"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Full Ken from Lieutenant and above

I knew officers didn't have dicks!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

God, I was once talking to a guy in my kitchen and he was all tough like "I wanna join the military to learn CQC and they got those awesome sock stays, so your socks don't fall down."

Unless it's a goddamn cape, there is no uniform item out there that you would actually want to wear...

Peacoats ain't bad, but I've had better.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why not simply give the soldiers better socks?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I liked these ones better. I guess for if you want to go barefoot.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

SuddenCactus posted:

why not simply give the soldiers better socks?

I always assumed that stupid stuff like this was normal in the civilian population at some point, and the uniforms didn't change with the times.

Maybe that's overly charitable though.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

"Are you ok? You look like you're hobbling a bit there."

"Nah I'm fine, check out my shirt though!"

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
"I have invented reverse suspenders. I call them rependers. They keep your socks and shirt tucked into your pants!"
"Why not just buy clothing that fits properly?"
"JESUS CHRIST YOU PLEB I HAVE SOLVED CLOTHING FOR ALL TIME!"

Large Testicles has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Feb 2, 2022

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

I worked a retail job where I wore a collared shirt and tie. I also had to bend over and pick things up a bunch. I bought a few different style of shirtstays and wore one everyday. They have their uses.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I've been in the same position (plus a tacky vest signifying me as a member of management) and I just shoved my hands down my pants to adjust a lot, worked fine for me.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Knormal posted:

Connect these to your underwear and you have a handy device for pulling down your pants when you stand up!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Knormal posted:

Another reason this style is superior is that they can't detach from your sock and snap back into your junk.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hooah posted:

Another reason this style is superior is that they can't detach from your sock and snap back into your junk.
just take all the excitement out of life why don't you

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I want to have a picture of someone wearing one of these long shirt stays and sit down.
It must look weird right?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helios Grime posted:

I want to have a picture of someone wearing one of these long shirt stays and sit down.

In what way? I guess without pants the shirt stays will angle straight from your ankle to your shirt, but no one's going to see that if you wear pants.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Helios Grime posted:

There's just enough elastic to pull when standing. When you sit, it goes slack. No weird diagonal bunching of pant leg behind the knee while sitting, if that's what you're curious about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to wear the thing strapping my shirt to my socks and also have my trousers strapped to my shoulders and also a belt and also one of them he man gimp things that go over your chest.

I want to be a 90's anime character, and also under so much general tension that if I unlock my knees I just implode into a mass of bone and flesh.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I want to wear it on my balls

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

When will uniformed services start wearing thigh high socks and garter belts, like real men?

It’ll prevent the shirt-stay chafing, cushion any uncomfortable hip-holster issues (in fact, you could even jam an extra gun in the garter), and every man should want to copy the fashion sense of JGL (slightly :nws: for a guy in his underwear).

This is the man you could be. Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In His Lane. Focused. Flourishing. The type of man who keeps his kitchen knives organized on a magnetic strip, has either his fishing hat or motorcycle helmet within arm’s reach at all times, and who subscribes to a vintage guitar magazine. That’s the good life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice to see he's using his McDonald & Dodds paycheck to live the good life.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Lemniscate Blue posted:

There's just enough elastic to pull when standing. When you sit, it goes slack. No weird diagonal bunching of pant leg behind the knee while sitting, if that's what you're curious about.

Thanks, makes sense in hindsight.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Busket Posket posted:

When will uniformed services start wearing thigh high socks and garter belts, like real men?

It’ll prevent the shirt-stay chafing, cushion any uncomfortable hip-holster issues (in fact, you could even jam an extra gun in the garter), and every man should want to copy the fashion sense of JGL (slightly :nws: for a guy in his underwear).

This is the man you could be. Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In His Lane. Focused. Flourishing. The type of man who keeps his kitchen knives organized on a magnetic strip, has either his fishing hat or motorcycle helmet within arm’s reach at all times, and who subscribes to a vintage guitar magazine. That’s the good life.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Busket Posket posted:

Jorts culture

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Busket Posket posted:

Good moment to post Rob Brydon's testimonial for long socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxI-pcLj9XE

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jorts culture

Jorts couture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Bismuth posted: