Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

the MSF is the only case of one Nobel prize winner getting air striked by another

lol can this fit into the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol can this fit into the title

more or less

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i feel its more suitable for antoher thread but whatever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's a good thread title but I don't think an indisputable fact can really qualify as a hot take

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm sure we'll find another hot take that can replace it in the near future, but this is the thread where the post was made so I think it's good

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Hot Takes breath of the wild is fun and not lovely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

paul_soccer12 posted:

That's also an indisputable fact

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Palladium posted:

is there a western backed NGO that isn't imperialist cringe

The American Friends Service Committee is pretty great. Also the Carter Center.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

paul_soccer12 posted:

I hate weapon durability

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

the MSF is the only case of one Nobel prize winner getting air striked by another

Lmao but I guess it somewhat depends on how you frame the Kissinger/Tho or the Arafat/Peres/Rabin nobels :goonsay:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I hate weapon durability

right

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I hate weapon durability

so does the us military

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
my only knock on botw is i wish there was like 1 or 2 more camps/villages full of freaky weirdos to visit.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Laterite posted:

my only knock on botw is i wish there was like 1 or 2 more camps/villages full of freaky weirdos to visit.

changing armor sets was also such a pain in the butt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Palladium posted:

changing armor sets was also such a pain in the butt

once you upgrade the barbarian armour theres no point in ever changing though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

MSF are an interesting case. their founder got into humanitarian interventionism (to the point of joining sarkozy's government and hanging out with henri-levy lol), but the organisation doesn't seem to have followed. they're extremely libby, thought ("we take no sides except those of the victims") and i can absolutely guarantee that they're heavily infiltrated by every intelligence agency which has even a slight interest, but they do also do a lot of necessary and important work.

I always figured they were a front for french intelligence, which would explain why their hospitals get bombed lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

30.5 Days posted:

weren't there a bunch of jews who converted to christianity after the holocast?

There were a bunch who did it before because they could see the writing on the wall.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Laterite posted:

the monster researcher was cool and there wasn't much to do with ores and monster parts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Orange Devil posted:

There were a bunch who did it before because they could see the writing on the wall.

A lot of them it didn't save.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trying to out-rules-lawyer Germans didn't work as well as hoped, unfortunately, yes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

it sometimes worked before the Holocaust (for instance, a significant number of Jews in the Russian Empire converted to Orthodoxy because doing so let them instantly overcome all the added restrictions on mobility, residence, work, etc., that were imposed on Russian Jews), but as Jews became increasingly seen as a racial rather than a religious group, which obviously culminated in Nazi race science and the Holocaust, then religious conversion did nothing to erase perceived Jewish racial identity.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

paul_soccer12 posted:

Is there a thread for even worse shittier takes?
One where we can put this and it's braindead companion?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's also an indisputable fact

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

30.5 Days posted:

weren't there a bunch of jews who converted to christianity after the holocast?

Orange Devil posted:

Yes, and during. It didn't help. The same one-drop blood quantum rules perfected in America were happily applied to new and recent converts.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
For more information, consult Sunshine, the 1999 movie not the later sci-fi thing. It is 3 hours long and Ralph Fiennes plays a guy and then that guy's son and then that guy's son.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah

Your post history :hehe:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

???

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HootTheOwl posted:

Sorry you are so invested in people thinking bad games are good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JakeWSimons/status/1489226754245996546?t=uWSWkW-jC42FCNl7Cx-l0A&s=19

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Spergin Morlock posted:

I always figured they were a front for french intelligence, which would explain why their hospitals get bombed lol

i do not think that they're an outright front (since outright fronts are generally rather less useful) but they're absolutely infiltrated, to the point that generally pro-french spy show le bureau had a clear MSF stand-in as a DGSE operative

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

i do not think that they're an outright front (since outright fronts are generally rather less useful) but they're absolutely infiltrated, to the point that generally pro-french spy show le bureau had a clear MSF stand-in as a DGSE operative

the bureau might be the best spy tv show i've ever seen
the first 2 seasons of berlin station is a distant second place

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ongoing meltdown about killing syrian children and how IT's Good Actually

https://twitter.com/altNOAA/status/1489288248778280961?s=20&t=u-YbyOxrO6bTGlvNHRe7Hw

but this is probably one of my favorites, in response to a question about who it was that armed the mujahideen to begin with

https://twitter.com/altNOAA/status/1489395317690834948

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
the Mongol Empire was a sort of proto-America (won’t be explaining this)

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol of course

https://mobile.twitter.com/ExileGrimm/status/1489351741082636295

okay, probably a bit

https://mobile.twitter.com/ConditorCancri/status/1489382295446466563

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
There are plenty of blue maga people who say exactly that stuff unironically so it doesn't matter too much if it's a bit
e: going back a bit the person talks about being ex military and appears 100% sincere blue maga, it's not a bit

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 09:33 on Feb 4, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is end stage liberalism, literally masturbating to Hard Men Making Hard Decisions (to kill children for no gain)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Uh there's quite a bit of gain (selling bombs)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
https://twitter.com/altnoaa/status/1489521052988420099?s=21

Found the new thread title I guess

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

US has been vocally committed to killing children in the Middle East since Albright at least.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

US has been vocally committed to killing children in the Middle East since Albright at least.

try eisenhower lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wasn't one of Teddy Roosevelt's "safaris" just him hunting and killing Middle Eastern children?