Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lawlicaust posted:

Are the forums bleeding together? Have the walls to reality fallen down.

It's called a Dragon Break iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lawlicaust posted:

Are the forums bleeding together? Have the walls to reality fallen down.
Oh gently caress wrong thread!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

across a thousand dead worlds has less than a day left. really tempted to buy in even though i don't play rpgs much at all. it looks super cool

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Adam Vass, author of Necronautilus and Babes in the Wood, is currently crowdfunding his next game on Gamefound after ditching kickstarter.

I am not involved in any way, just a fan of his work and supportive of diversifying crowdfunding away from kickstarter.

https://gamefound.com/projects/worldchampgameco/cybermetal

Fortunately, It is already funded, with 8 days remaining on the campaign. Here is the blurb for anyone interested:

"CyberMetal 2012: a tabletop rpg of demons, metalheads, and weirdos surviving and thriving in an isolated city of warped technology in an alternate timeline. Single-session or Campaign play. 2-5 players and a gamemaster. Demon worshiping, drug running, debt cancelling, consciousness uploading, and whatever the hell else you can come up with in a low-fi cyberpunk sandbox. Designed, written, illustrated, and published by Adam Vass of World Champ Game Co."

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

ilmucche posted:

across a thousand dead worlds has less than a day left. really tempted to buy in even though i don't play rpgs much at all. it looks super cool

I'm curious as a setting guide. The system looks way, way too light for my tastes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Antivehicular posted:

Got my copy of Mutants in the Now in the mail yesterday, and it looks great! I'm going to try and make a character or two when I have some time in the next few days. I'm wondering how the GOO-P math shakes out (hoping buying Bipedalism and full object manipulation doesn't end up being a huge tax on weird species), but I figure the best way to figure that out is by doing.

It isn't, as gnoll pointed out. GOO-P amounts are directly related to their "distance" from humanity. There are some oddities (like a slight tax on things like tentacles, being amphibious, having wings and 4+ legs) that reduce GOO-P as side benefits, but no species should be penalized in that sense.

Azubah posted:

I do like the secrets of the goop section, that last reason gave me a good chuckle.

Uh, wizards are no laughing matter, just because they wear star-festooned gowns and pickle newts doesn't mean you can just think less of them, gosh.

Antivehicular posted:

Is MitN getting discussed anywhere on the forums? I'm pretty jazzed about it.

I should make a thread at some point! But I'm pretty busy, let me know if anybody wants to beat me to it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tell me you're money laundering without telling me you're money laundering

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otherworldtcg/otherworld-the-official-trading-card-game

Campaign only being run for 72 hours
Raised $600,000 usd

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Weirdly I think that'd be more likely to get shut down for having "1/10 chance of special collectible art case!" type gambling stuff in the offers, which I think is against KS policy?

Also goddamn, that math:

1420 x 100 = 142,000
420 x 50 = 21,000
169 x 100 = 16,900
369 x 62 = 22878

Add those together and you get $202,788. Subtract that from the current intake total and you get $383,365 unaccounted for dollars. People must really be whacking away at that $10 "I believe in this project" button, because there are no stretch goals or other things to spend money on.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 1, 2022

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I don't honestly think Kickstarter cares unless it's legally regulated gambling, which CCGs are not. They really should be, though...

Reported it to see what happens out of morbid curiosity, though, since you put the idea in my brain.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

Tell me you're money laundering without telling me you're money laundering

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otherworldtcg/otherworld-the-official-trading-card-game

Campaign only being run for 72 hours
Raised $600,000 usd

And only 12 comments lmao, this is absolutely a scam.

e; also the same company ran another Kickstarter just five months ago for a project with the exact same name https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otherworldtcg/otherworld-the-official-collectible-trading-card-game/description

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Feb 1, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Our community is incredible! Join our Discord!

But I don't see a link to Discord.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The latest Buttonshy game, I Guess This Is It is up. It's their first RPG, and it looks really fuckin' depressing. :smith:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The_Doctor posted:

The latest Buttonshy game, I Guess This Is It is up. It's their first RPG, and it looks really fuckin' depressing. :smith:

Kind of reminds me of of Our Last Best Hope and Our Love Can't Save the World. Neat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So they've finally unveiled the all-in pledge for Marvel Zombies.

The penultimate one that has all of the expansions except Galactus is only $20 more than the one with just the two core boxes and Galactus.

I think they might have overvalued Galactus a bit.

Galactus.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Is there something about February 1st? There are more tabletop projects in one day today than I usually see in a week. Makes me feel bad for some of them since they’ll get absolutely buried.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Is there something about February 1st? There are more tabletop projects in one day today than I usually see in a week. Makes me feel bad for some of them since they’ll get absolutely buried.

It used to be ZineQuest, which was a kickstarter-backed initiative to put tons of small gaming projects out (mostly for RPGs). Luke Crane leaving KS hosed that up, so KS punted ZineQuest to August (even more awkward since that’s GenCon), and the community created ZineMonth instead to do the same thing without the KS logo.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I could see an advantage to running a 30 day kickstarter on Feb 1st. Since Feb is a 28/29 day month and many people get paid on the 1st/last of the month you would cover two paydays .

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dietz Foundation is raising cash to release a reprint of Kremlin. $60 with international shipping.

https://dietzfoundation.org/product/kremlin/

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Deep Rock Galactic is hitting Kickstarter on the 10th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5V3KeO_tzc

They've confirmed a version with standees instead of minis.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Ok December and January kicked my rear end in many ways, but god drat it now it's time. Preview! Goonmade Ducks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...VIQgEtU1phNOAWQ

Now I'm down to getting the final details done. I'd love to hear you rip it apart and see what I can improve.

Also question: has anyone experience of running a EU-based KS? I'm not sure how to do with VAT, and all articles I find are written by US or UK campaigns.

I understand the basics. I should include VAT for EU customers, but not for non-EU customers. But I find no way how to divide those two groups in kickstarter. Should I just run the KS with all prices including VAT?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

lilljonas posted:

Ok December and January kicked my rear end in many ways, but god drat it now it's time. Preview! Goonmade Ducks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...VIQgEtU1phNOAWQ

Now I'm down to getting the final details done. I'd love to hear you rip it apart and see what I can improve.

Also question: has anyone experience of running a EU-based KS? I'm not sure how to do with VAT, and all articles I find are written by US or UK campaigns.

I understand the basics. I should include VAT for EU customers, but not for non-EU customers. But I find no way how to divide those two groups in kickstarter. Should I just run the KS with all prices including VAT?

I haven't run an eu based kickstarter but I've done 3 from the USA. This situation is what pledge managers are for. Your other option is to have different pledge levels, one for EU with VAT and one for ROW. Though if you do that I'm sure you'll run into problems with some Europeans backing at the cheaper level and you needing to fix that somehow.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

nesbit37 posted:

I haven't run an eu based kickstarter but I've done 3 from the USA. This situation is what pledge managers are for. Your other option is to have different pledge levels, one for EU with VAT and one for ROW. Though if you do that I'm sure you'll run into problems with some Europeans backing at the cheaper level and you needing to fix that somehow.

Is it possible to give a VAT refund or something through the pledge manager? Otherwise the only fair option I can figure out is separate pledge levels, including separate add-on costs. But yeah, I don’t look forward to deal with people choosing the wrong pledges in that case. VAT here is 25%, so it’s a pretty big difference.

E: read up on backer kit and seems I can just make the priced non-VAT and then add VAT for EU customers in the pledge manager instead. Much easier and fairer. :)

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 1, 2022

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My understanding is that because Kickstarter is collecting the money, they need to do the due diligence for VAT collecting from customers.

That's how it is with other third party payment processors, anyway.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

As the seller I’m completely responsible afaik, and the kickstarter faq pretty clearly wash their hands about everything that has to do with VAT and taxes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The comments on the latest Marvel Zombies post update are meltdowns that Spider-Woman's rear end isn't sticking out as though she was wearing yoga pants lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-zombies-zombicide/posts/3420091

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

lilljonas posted:

As the seller I’m completely responsible afaik, and the kickstarter faq pretty clearly wash their hands about everything that has to do with VAT and taxes.

I see that page of the KS FAQ was updated two months ago, which means my knowledge is out of date.

I agree that a pledge manager is your best bet then.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DLC Inc posted:

The comments on the latest Marvel Zombies post update are meltdowns that Spider-Woman's rear end isn't sticking out as though she was wearing yoga pants lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-zombies-zombicide/posts/3420091

deliciously pathetic tears

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

lilljonas posted:

E: read up on backer kit and seems I can just make the priced non-VAT and then add VAT for EU customers in the pledge manager instead. Much easier and fairer. :)

That is exactly what I am doing for EU and UK customers for my latest campaign.

Captain Aardvark
Dec 28, 2008

Hello everybody. I originally posted this in the Kickstarter thread in the Games forums, but was told this might be a better place for it.
A few friends and me started making board games a few years ago, and we have our first Kickstarter campaign out now. It is for a short card game called Evil: 101 where you play evil masterminds trying to become the biggest bad there is. It mostly revolves around symbol matching and bluffing the player who acts as the agency trying to save the world.
You can check it out and try it on tabletopia if you guys want. You'll find a link to it on our campaign page here: Evil: 101 Kickstarter

Captain Aardvark fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 2, 2022

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Nerds, nerds never change.

edit: Wow at these pledge breakdowns

$130 Undead Pledge (Base Game) 2871 backers
$240 Resistance Pledge (2 base games) 4486 backers
$410 Galactus Pledge (2 base games + Galactus) 2254 backers
$430 Hungry (7 games EXCEPT Galactus) 2862 backers
$615 Devourer (ALL + Glactus): 4531 backers

Never would have guessed at Galactus pledge being the leader. poo poo is crazy expensive especially with the $100+ shipping.

1700 people this is their first KS, that equates to 10% of backers which seems pretty drat impressive.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 2, 2022

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

djfooboo posted:

Nerds, nerds never change.
Man, if you want nerd meltdowns, go back to when Isaac announced Frosthaven was trying to be a little less fantasy-racist.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Man, if you want nerd meltdowns, go back to when Isaac announced Frosthaven was trying to be a little less fantasy-racist.

There was an article about that in Spielbox, and the next issue had three letters to the editor complaining about how wokeness is ruining things and proudly defending Historical Accuracy in games.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

homullus posted:

There was an article about that in Spielbox, and the next issue had three letters to the editor complaining about how wokeness is ruining things and proudly defending Historical Accuracy in games.
Oh yah people were Big Mad for weeks. It was so bizarre.

Apparently a bunch of people did actually cancel their pledges, but there was also a flurry of people taking over dropped pledges. By the time it all shook out, they actually ended up with more pledges than before.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Oh yah people were Big Mad for weeks. It was so bizarre.

Apparently a bunch of people did actually cancel their pledges, but there was also a flurry of people taking over dropped pledges. By the time it all shook out, they actually ended up with more pledges than before.

it is fair to say that Frosthaven will not feature a historically-accurate representation of Inox culture

thanks SJWs

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

homullus posted:

It wasn't just complaining about wokeness, there was a weird pushback against the phrasing of the news post. I forget exactly what it was, but it was like them hiring a consultant to look over sensitive topics was somehow implying that the industry was inherently racist for never dealing with such topics until now? It was some real deliberate misreading of the situation to paint them as "thinking they're better than the average tabletop player."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the racist stuff removed?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
A note from the Mothership 1e KS (in a backer email I just got) - they're trying out a beta BackerKit program where you can pay for addons early, but only pay for shipping when things are actually ready to ship. Probably a wise thing for everyone involved, prevents charges from getting even bigger so someone isn't left holding the bag on a big shipping price hike. I'm posting this so other people are aware in case it starts coming up for board game kickstarters or something.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Holy poo poo! Hellywood is slowly limping towards the finish line!

The original Kickstarter stalled out back in 2017 when the creator Stewart Wieck died. He had two other projects open at the time :Prince Valiant, and Wurm, both of which were finished posthumously and are pretty impressive.
That kind of dedication really highlights all those other unfinished RPGs. I wonder what the Far West guy is doing right now?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1861515217/hellywood-a-noir-tabletop-rpg/posts

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the racist stuff removed?

Stuff in the vein of "all orcs are evil".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also things like Rat People as a trope as Always Evil Mooks/Cannon Fodder is an inherently racist take as it implies all Rat People must be killed as they are incapable of Good.

It was a totally understandable point, which people lost their minds about the author dictating how they wanted their fantasy world to operate.

Any sane person would have been fine with it, cause who gives a gently caress, even if it was :words: to get to the point.