Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Forrest on Fire posted:

Invest that money on weed instead. When the smoke clears, you'll feel way less dumb.

But until it clears you'll feel extremely dumb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Last time I had a finger bend the wrong way like that was when I slipped in the pit at a Power Trip show and my hand got stepped on. RIP Riley.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vertical Lime posted:

mixed doubles olympic curling is starting now

e: the aussies hosed up and we won

Qwijib0 posted:

Thank you for reminding me to look up the curling schedule

gently caress, I’m at work with a mediocre connection and missing out on curling :negative:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Intruder posted:

Good times playing pickup ball tonight :v:

content warning

In my semi-professional medical opinion, this would be classified as JAKT UP.

Intruder posted:

They also prescribed me 600 mg tablets of ibruprofen and considering the ones I have at home are 200mg I wonder if any of our forum medical professionals can tell me why I should fill the prescription instead of just taking three

Probably no reason outside of guaranteeing they aren't expired.

My only real beer league injury was tearing a quad after a catcher decided he'd block the plate when I was just crossing it and welp.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1488791812395393025

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s always a little funny when it’s just a bit that didn’t land well not for offensive reasons, it just wasn’t the best bit, and the person immediately pushes the cancel culture narrative

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's a guy name Joe Lien in my office and I'm having trouble asking if he has flaming locks of auburn hair

Can't believe it isn't the first thing he addresses with every new person. "Hello, my name is Joe Lien, yes, like the song, let's move past it."

Forrest on Fire posted:

I was mostly joking because Dr. Swickles is a medical professional, and while all the medical professionals I know light up, it's not necessarily the norm.

Pretty sure I could have scaled-up weed cookie production to supplementary income levels just selling them to nurses and RT's my wife knows.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If I worked with a Joe Lien I would ask him if he is married, is there a second Lien? haha

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Refuse to believe that's not intentional. It's too perfect. Some young producer at CBS is a secret genius.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This James Acaster but feels relevant:

https://youtu.be/adh0KGmgmQw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I feel like that’s posted every 2 months at this point lol

Last time it was it led to a neat video of Gary Shandling roasting Ricky to his face so well worth it tho

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Just lol if you're actually expecting to receive social security when you retire

Lol if you thoughtlessly parrot this dumb, false right wing talking point passed off as conventional wisdom

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yeah, you don't have to actually smoke a joint. If it's legal get a cheap electric vape and it'll help calm you down.

Is there a decent brand for these? I can get cartridges from a dispensary in East Dubuque, I just don't know what's worthwhile.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Timby posted:

Is there a decent brand for these? I can get cartridges from a dispensary in East Dubuque, I just don't know what's worthwhile.

Healthy Rips Fury Edge.

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/c10/FURY_EDGE.html

It's a good cheap vape. You can get something to fit a bong or just a normal glass to stick on top of the vape for smoother stuff.

TCC has a bunch of other ones that do better but are a lot more complicated/only make sense if you're already a pretty heavy user.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Intruder posted:

Good times playing pickup ball tonight :v:

content warning

wassup pickup ball injury bros :hfive:

i tore my acl back in 2005

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lmao what an ending

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

If I worked with a Joe Lien I would ask him if he is married, is there a second Lien? haha

I enjoyed this lil goof on ole Joe

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

GD_American posted:

Lol if you thoughtlessly parrot this dumb, false right wing talking point passed off as conventional wisdom

country's shambolically staggering towards collapse, doesn't seem particularly associated with any political wing to me

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

country's shambolically staggering towards collapse, doesn't seem particularly associated with any political wing to me

I meant the hyper specific point of Social Security somehow evaporating one day with nobody noticing, not the obvious and deniable march towards Thunderdome

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I feel like that’s posted every 2 months at this point lol

Last time it was it led to a neat video of Gary Shandling roasting Ricky to his face so well worth it tho

This thread is probably where I first saw it tbh, but any opportunity to slag off Gervais should be welcomed imo

I went ahead and cancelled Spotify today. I had started an Apple Music trial a couple months ago because there were a few albums I couldn’t find on Spotify over there, so I’ll just keep that around instead. No ethical consumption under capitalism etc etc but Wrapped isn’t worth it anyway.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Isn't it better to have Rogan on Spotify than before when his was a freely available podcast? I figure that paywall did way more damage to his listener numbers than getting access to Spotify's user base boosted them. I don't fault anyone trying to be more ethical in their consumption, this one just strikes me as the wrong approach.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Isn't it better to have Rogan on Spotify than before when his was a freely available podcast? I figure that paywall did way more damage to his listener numbers than getting access to Spotify's user base boosted them. I don't fault anyone trying to be more ethical in their consumption, this one just strikes me as the wrong approach.

It's still freely available on Spotify according to their announcement when he signed the exclusive partnership.

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-05-19/the-joe-rogan-experience-launches-exclusive-partnership-with-spotify/

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Oh I don’t think it’s going to have an effect on Spotify’s bottom line or get him kicked off the platform or anything, but if I have the choice to not give money to the platform I’m going to take it. Like, I don’t buy Nestle products either and I’m sure they’ve never missed me, but it makes me personally feel better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, another thing, where do you draw the line? Gary Glitter music is on Spotify, several artists who've committed murder are on Spotify. Them or their estates probably aren't being paid as much as Rogan, but still?

Fake Edit: Charles Manson actually released a music album (it's dece folk rock stuff). It's on Spotify. 33,000 monthly listeners.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Freaquency posted:

No ethical consumption under capitalism etc etc

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, another thing, where do you draw the line? Gary Glitter music is on Spotify, several artists who've committed murder are on Spotify. Them or their estates probably aren't being paid as much as Rogan, but still?

Fake Edit: Charles Manson actually released a music album (it's dece folk rock stuff). It's on Spotify. 33,000 monthly listeners.

I doubt any of those have exclusivity contracts and weren't directly sought out to be featured on Spotify

e: doesn't make it right, just saying the difference

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 2, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Remember that news story about a bizarre triple murder of 3 special forces members near Fort Bragg I posted a while back?

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1488962010347978753?s=20&t=QehKNqOoFoXL5Z8aptReew

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Shot
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1488905768342589450

Chaser
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1488910005579436042?s=21

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Skwirl posted:

Remember that news story about a bizarre triple murder of 3 special forces members near Fort Bragg I posted a while back?

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1488962010347978753?s=20&t=QehKNqOoFoXL5Z8aptReew

okay so what are the explanations?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ornery and Hornery posted:

'undetermined'

according to the military itself

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spec ops is full of insane people who constantly take drugs and basically have infinite immunity from domestic law enforcement.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Not sure but this is the perfect start to a classic Jack Reacher yarn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cult

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maybe Zucker loving off will make CNN take strides to being non-lovely. It really went to hell as a news outlet after he took over.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

They all take so many stimulants and other poo poo it's not surprising they'd just loving drop dead while being seemingly healthy.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Why is he like this?

https://twitter.com/potus/status/1488988097014636546?s=21

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Spec ops is full of insane people who constantly take drugs and basically have infinite immunity from domestic law enforcement.

Its probably a combination of partying, prescribed painkillers and peds. I'm not an expert but I've known three guys who served in a special operations capacity 2 in Aus and 1 american and all three mentioned that steroids and other things were pretty commonly used and one of them got kicked out when he popped a drug test for cocaine (he was partying with Johnny Knoxville a few days prior). As I understand it unless you're rubbing someone the wrong way in command they'll find a way for you to either pass or not get tested if they know you're using PEDs. If you are they'll use it to ping you.

I also know it was pretty common for there to be a cabinet filled with both adderall or an equivalent and sleeping pills in the team room for you to grab whichever you were in need of at the time without prescription or supervision etc and they handed out so much opiods to guys who were banged up my friend just referred to it as SAS candy.

You also have a bunch of guys who when they feel sick or like something isn't right the response is usually "don't be a pussy" and they're mentally tough enough to push through a pain barrier most won't. Not a recipe for success or longevity. Add that fun mix in with Covid being everywhere and a lot of people getting mild symptoms and welp.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Looking at grad schools...why are they soooo expensive?????????????? :suicide:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/IXK8LGr.mp4

Look at this dog

Comrade Canine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Looking at grad schools...why are they soooo expensive?????????????? :suicide:

What are you trying to do for grad school? Phd? Masters? What field?

Almost certainly a bad idea!!!