Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Is this a Grease prequel or a Pink Lady and Jeff prequel?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Pauly Shore IS Pinocchio

Seriously!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ArXSwALDU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
that movie from like 10 years ago... Pauly Shore is Dead? it's on amazon... it is really sad... its just him driving himsefl around the country playingin abysmally small comedy clubs and trying (and failing) to sleep with his quite aged and drunk fans... it's some prime black humor

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
whatever happened to roberto benigni? he fell off after his take

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

He played Pinocchio again in 2019

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Gepetto anyway, which he should have done the first time.

Still laughing at how an 80 year old Pesci calls a 79 year old De Niro 'Kid.'

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All the lines feel like they were pieced together from unrelated recordings. Do any of these people know they're "starring" in this?

Anyway, I was looking up showtimes for Moonfall and I have no clue how many local theater thinks it is going to do. It is showing in two theaters, Imax and one of the tiny ones that barely has any seats.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I remember when the 2002 Pinocchio was getting advertised. Wondering who the gently caress is going to go see this movie. At the time I had no idea who Begnini was.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Wasn't that his big follow-up to Life Is Beautiful?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wasn't that his big follow-up to Life Is Beautiful?

It was his next directed film yes. He apparently acted in an Asterix and Obelisk movie before doing Pinocchio.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

My favorite take on Life Is Beautiful was when I saw someone speculate that the kid would definitely group up to be a Holocaust denier.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I always liked Life is Beautiful and Benigni. Johnny Stecchino is a classic too.
He was kind of the wholesome anti-Polanski because instead of constantly casting his wife in weird hosed up psychosexual roles (or as like, the devil), Benigni would always invariably have his wife show up as DA MOST BEAAAUTIFUL WOMAN IN DA WOOORLD MAMMA MIAAAA!!!!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

joylessdivision posted:

It was his next directed film yes. He apparently acted in an Asterix and Obelisk movie before doing Pinocchio.

I remember when that Pinocchio movie came out there were some mentions of it being total nightmare fuel and bizarre but it was a relatively faithful adaptation of the book, I dug it and it looks pretty good too. It definitely drags a bit at points.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

This is tv but it is also an abomination so

https://twitter.com/animatedplus/status/1486900608325996547

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I had Comedy Central on in the background Saturday morning and commercials for that were nonstop. It made me think to the period of around ten years ago when there was just a string of absolute garbage animated shows that lasted for five episodes, like Allen Gregory, Napoleon Dynamite, Sit Down Shut Up, I'm sure many others I've blocked from memory.

Also out of curiosity, I looked it up and Comedy Central currently only has five original shows airing. Daily Show, South Park, the Crank Yankers revival, the Awkwafina show, and Comedy Central Roasts which barely counts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It’s just so weird that an Italian-made children’s film, starring a then almost 50 year old man as a child/puppet, was dumped into theaters on Christmas Day in the US. No advanced screening of course. I doubt the vast majority of Americans had a clue who Benigni is. Weirder still there we’re Happy Meal toys to promote the film.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"He's that foreign guy who climbed all over the audience at the Oscars."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He did that remake of The Day the Clown Cried!

(I never saw Life is Beautiful. Maybe it was good.)

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

This is loving dire.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've seen better bitmoji animation lmao

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Also out of curiosity, I looked it up and Comedy Cental currently only has five original shows airing. Daily Show, South Park, the Crank Yankers revival, the Awkwafina show, and Comedy Central Roasts which barely counts.
It's kind of a shame because the 2010s were actually pretty good time for Comedy Central. Nathan For You, Review, Broad City, Key and Peele are all fantastic.

It's also weird because they apparently cancelled Drunk History, a show which felt like they could just keep making forever.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's kind of a shame because the 2010s were actually pretty good time for Comedy Central. Nathan For You, Review, Broad City, Key and Peele are all fantastic.

It's also weird because they apparently cancelled Drunk History, a show which felt like they could just keep making forever.

Absolutely, those were all great. Also loved Another Period and The Nightly Show, which I can't believe they canceled just before Trump was elected, when I bet it would have done a lot better. According to Wikipedia, its ratings tanked after Stewart left The Daily Show, which I don't get.

It's also kind of crazy that Review just isn't available to watch anywhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Review really was the best, like the absolutely bonkers prison episode where every single person takes the imaginary friend thing way too far and it ends with the imaginary friend getting shivved.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Chairman Capone posted:

It's also kind of crazy that Review just isn't available to watch anywhere.

It's available for digital sale, but also Paramount+ I think?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This looks like they took an old Newgrounds cartoon and threw it in a blender with South Park and Archer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

I remember when that Pinocchio movie came out there were some mentions of it being total nightmare fuel and bizarre but it was a relatively faithful adaptation of the book, I dug it and it looks pretty good too. It definitely drags a bit at points.

Reminds me that KC Green made a comic adaptation of Pinocchio that's being posted in the webcomics threads. It's also pretty accurate line-by-line to the book, and pretty messed up as a result.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminds me that KC Green made a comic adaptation of Pinocchio that's being posted in the webcomics threads. It's also pretty accurate line-by-line to the book, and pretty messed up as a result.

Yeah, and like it's entirely just about how kids shouldn't be little shits because they don't know what's good for them.

The KC Green comics are funny because of how absurd they are but it's honestly a crap story, I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with trying to make it into films constantly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, and like it's entirely just about how kids shouldn't be little shits because they don't know what's good for them.

The KC Green comics are funny because of how absurd they are but it's honestly a crap story, I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with trying to make it into films constantly.

Nostalgia, mostly. Maybe it hit differently to generations that weren't raised by boomers and thus used to the parents being immature, lying shits with no self-control.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

muscles like this! posted:

Review really was the best, like the absolutely bonkers prison episode where every single person takes the imaginary friend thing way too far and it ends with the imaginary friend getting shivved.

Review was incredibly hilarious but man did it get dark

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
“What’s it like to eat 30 pancakes?”

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Feldegast42 posted:

There all is aching

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Timeless Appeal posted:

It kind if makes sense though, knowing their hit rate, for every show you enjoyed and remember there's probably 8-10 awful ones that didn't last past a season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Timeless Appeal posted:

i mean, comedy central's gimick for literally the entire time they've been a channel has been "Hey, we've got something good here. Better cancel it and try something different and worse."

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

I had Comedy Central on in the background Saturday morning and commercials for that were nonstop. It made me think to the period of around ten years ago when there was just a string of absolute garbage animated shows that lasted for five episodes, like Allen Gregory, Napoleon Dynamite, Sit Down Shut Up, I'm sure many others I've blocked from memory.

Also out of curiosity, I looked it up and Comedy Central currently only has five original shows airing. Daily Show, South Park, the Crank Yankers revival, the Awkwafina show, and Comedy Central Roasts which barely counts.

I have never once read anything from anyone with anything positive to say about Allen Gregory.

No matter how lovely something is, you can usually find someone who likes it, but not that show. (Now some insane goon is gonna bust in and prove me wrong).

Feldegast42 posted:

I have only seen the pancakes episode but it was incredible, is the rest that good?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I have only seen the pancakes episode but it was incredible, is the rest that good?

Review is insanely good. One of those shows that just hits a level of quality right out the gate and maintains it. Andy Daly is so loving good.

That bitmoji show looks pretty bad but its basically voiced by a bunch of B/C tier LA comedians so it may just be a vehicle to tell some jokes. Which means it may actually be watchable as a show, just not as an animation.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Review is insanely good. One of those shows that just hits a level of quality right out the gate and maintains it. Andy Daly is so loving good.

I agree but I don’t think anything topped Pancakes, Divorce, Pancakes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

precision posted:

i mean, comedy central's gimick for literally the entire time they've been a channel has been "Hey, we've got something good here. Better cancel it and try something different and worse."

I'd say their entire gimmick is "we run almost exclusively repeats of funny stuff from other places with one or two new episodes of our shows a day."

Back around 2000 they would run literally 8 hours of SNL a day, add in about 4 or 5 hours of being off air, a few episodes of Who's Line, that Dana Carvey stand-up special, and a movie and that only gives you a few hours for your own stuff.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

One More Fat Nerd posted:

There is a quote a reviewer in the middle of the series had which I feel sums up the comedic styling of Review perfectly: "the way Hannibal ended, with all its drama, is simply a throwaway gag in the middle of Review"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

secretly best girl posted:

There is a quote a reviewer in the middle of the series had which I feel sums up the comedic styling of Review perfectly: "the way Hannibal ended, with all its drama, is simply a throwaway gag in the middle of Review"

I didn’t watch Hannibal so idgi