Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Grogu's going to go off and join Din, but without Luke to guide him, he's going to turn to the Dark Side :unsmigghh:

S6 finale will be Mando tearfully killing Grogu punting him into a volcano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grand Fromage posted:

So when Mando needs to pee does he have to hope there's a habitable planet nearby he can stop off at? Do Mandalorians pee? The old ship had a toilet I think.

In From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back, there's a story about Wedge and Janson reforming Red Squadron after Hoth where it starts with Wedge thinking about how he'd always wanted to be a pilot, but he'd never heard about the "maximum absorbency undergarments" worn by pilots on long missions among inglorious aspects of being a combat pilot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Davros1 posted:

Grogu's going to go off and join Din, but without Luke to guide him, he's going to turn to the Dark Side :unsmigghh:

can't believe filoni is setting him up as the villain for the post sequel trilogy so far in advance

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, he’s got Mando to guide him, a much better father figure than Luke ever will be.

Boba will teach him to rule with respect :black101:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Grogu’s been training with Luke for months and that mf still can’t even give him a little matching karate gi.

He’s out there tripping over his own raggedy burlap diaper dress trying to dodge laser blasts from the remote this sadistic virgin monk set on him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Boba will teach him to rule with respect :black101:

Boba’s the crazy awesome uncle that’s always bringing him poo poo that drives Mando nuts…like a new pet Rancor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Grogu’s been training with Luke for months and that mf still can’t even give him a little matching karate gi.

He’s out there tripping over his own raggedy burlap diaper dress trying to dodge laser blasts from the remote this sadistic virgin monk set on him.

I honestly had this thought in the back of my head too, lmao. Grogu needs some new drip.

[edit] Oh wait, the besker shirt counts.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So, It's gonna be The Mandalorian Season 2.5 for at least another episode.

or, The Book Of The Mandalorian, guest starring Boba Fett

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can't wait to see Boba riding the rancor in the big finale, a thing he learned how to do off-screen while we were watching other stuff.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Luke is doing a pretty terrible job. Grogu is a non-verbal 50 year old suffering from severe PTSD. He doesn’t need training involving lightsabers and magic, he needs therapy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yodas would rather levitate frogs & climb bamboo in the forest than go to therapy smdh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to see Boba riding the rancor in the big finale, a thing he learned how to do off-screen while we were watching other stuff.

What are the odds that the rancor doesn't show up or get mentioned in the finale.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Boba didn't show up at this point.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Yodas would rather levitate frogs & climb bamboo in the forest than go to therapy smdh

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

stev posted:

What are the odds that the rancor doesn't show up or get mentioned in the finale.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Boba didn't show up at this point.

The Freetowners are going to rush Cobb Vanth to Boba's palace and Mando will place him in Boba's bacta tank. The rest of Episode 7 of The Book of Boba Fett will be an extended flashback about Cobb Vanth.

Thank you for watching.

THE MANDALORIAN Season 3 coming December 2022 to Disney+

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The main purpose of Ahsoka's appearance in this episode was to subtly but firmly put the 'hey yeah I was a Jedi and I knew Anakin was Darth Vader but I never appeared in the OT for Reasons' conversation between Ahsoka and Luke in the past. It's happened. We didn't see it. They know about each other and are cool with each other. No we are not going to go into it'.. This is necessary to shut the fans up but it is all about (half) answering questions that didn't need to be asked.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like when these Star Wars shows drop all the pretense and just straight up are westerns/samurai movies. Seth Bullock vs Random Hat Guy with Alien Dan in the background is good.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rancor has to show up, it's been pushed to the background for too long.

I feel like there's an awful lot to tie up in a single finale episode but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

fartknocker posted:

The second they showed that silhouette in the distance my mind went holy poo poo is that gonna be Cad Bane and I grinned like an idiot as it got closer and the hat became obvious.

:same: As soon as I saw the hat I started saying out loud "there's no loving way they're bringing in Cad loving Bane" and got more and more excited as it became more clear.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

stev posted:

During the gearing up montage Boba will look at the rancor for a few seconds and then turn to the camera and say, next time baby

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to wake up early next Wednesday to watch the finale before work and it's going to be over two hours long and I'll just have to call out. :v:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Hazo posted:

Rancor has to show up, it's been pushed to the background for too long.

I feel like there's an awful lot to tie up in a single finale episode but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

:same: As soon as I saw the hat I started saying out loud "there's no loving way they're bringing in Cad loving Bane" and got more and more excited as it became more clear.

Everyone watching:

They nailed the look though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It’ll be loving hilarious if they just off him with the Rancor to renew the cycle of ‘cool and foreboding, kills one guy, dies hilariously’ for Star Wars villains. Really bookend the season.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

speculating that in the long-run, Grogu's final challenge would be inheriting the Darksaber by defeating someone that killed the Mandalorian without doing it with a heart of dark side revenge

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

“OK ok enough with the Mandalorian stuff. Get back to the steampunk cybernetic cool teen squad already”
- Nobody, ever

I haven’t really kept up with the thread so I don’t actually know the general opinion of Boba Fett but personally I thought this was a meandering, pointless show up until they just decided to make it Mandalorian Season 2.5 and I’m silently dreading having to go back to the main plot.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Alchenar posted:

The main purpose of Ahsoka's appearance in this episode was to subtly but firmly put the 'hey yeah I was a Jedi and I knew Anakin was Darth Vader but I never appeared in the OT for Reasons' conversation between Ahsoka and Luke in the past. It's happened. We didn't see it. They know about each other and are cool with each other. No we are not going to go into it'.. This is necessary to shut the fans up but it is all about (half) answering questions that didn't need to be asked.

I basically agree here but I think it loving sucks and very much wanted to see that conversation. It's the most interesting thing that could happen with these characters and not doing it is some coward poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

site posted:

During the gearing up montage Boba will look at the rancor for a few seconds and then turn to the camera and say, next time baby

The star wars equivalent of "I really wanted those elephants but we blew our CGI budget on Hitler Dragon Queen."

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Martytoof posted:

“OK ok enough with the Mandalorian stuff. Get back to the steampunk cybernetic cool teen squad already”
- Nobody, ever

I haven’t really kept up with the thread so I don’t actually know the general opinion of Boba Fett but personally I thought this was a meandering, pointless show up until they just decided to make it Mandalorian Season 2.5 and I’m silently dreading having to go back to the main plot.
Each episode, they introduce a new character or concept for only one episode, and then they move on from it the moment they get some development (e.g. the Tusken Raiders) or they have so many characters in a set that they're just props in a high-speed chase (e.g. the mod squad) instead of characters. It was also never really believable that the Tusken Raider experience would be enough to make Boba be a good guy on behalf of anybody with the exception of the Tusken Raiders who are now dead. I hate to say it, but when Boba said his character motivation of not wanting to work for idiots that almost get him killed, it didn't sound like Temuera Morrison said it like he meant it, either. The flashback scenes were all good. They just should've been the start of the show, and the present-day scenes could've been an episode's worth of runtime shorter altogether (e.g. how they revisited the parlor five times).

Otoh, despite these criticisms, I'm enthralled. The Wookie bounty hunter felt on-screen for the right amount of time, though, they could've worn that out. (If Darth Maul has two lightsabers in one and General Grievous had six lightsabers, it stands to reason there is a third Wookie with even more bands across his chest, but I kid)

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 3, 2022

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
man I pooped myself when Cad Bane showed up. He didn't look as menacing as he did in the shows, but he's kind of a hard character to get perfect.

Also, I'm predicting Boba Fett and The Mandalorian get in over their heads, Grogu feels this through the force and goes to save them, mirroring Luke's dilemma in Empire. But this time Luke trusts his instincts and goes with him and Grogu ends up with the armor and a lightsaber, as things should be.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Jerkface posted:

just wanna say i love whoever thought to create this camera angle in the naboo cockpit:

POV you're din's piss jug

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CornHolio posted:

Also, I'm predicting Boba Fett and The Mandalorian get in over their heads, Grogu feels this through the force and goes to save them, mirroring Luke's dilemma in Empire. But this time Luke trusts his instincts and goes with him and Grogu ends up with the armor and a lightsaber, as things should be.

This… sounds amazing. Maybe that similar situation will help Luke realize he’s being a gently caress rear end hypocrite and he’ll grow as a character and these shows will retcon the sequel trilogy. :dance:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

I like when these Star Wars shows drop all the pretense and just straight up are westerns/samurai movies. Seth Bullock vs Random Hat Guy with Alien Dan in the background is good.

Hes a Marshall and doesn't have super hidden rage that is always going to boil over. It's Raylen Givens.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CornHolio posted:

man I pooped myself when Cad Bane showed up. He didn't look as menacing as he did in the shows, but he's kind of a hard character to get perfect.

it would fit in with the Jedi of old (working against the underworld) but also give Luke a chance to do better/different if he thinks he has better ideas.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

it would fit in with the Jedi of old (working against the underworld) but also give Luke a chance to do better/different if he thinks he has better ideas.

They are 100% setting this up. You can tell these creators liked elements of the sequel trilogy but understood none of it was fleshed out enough.

Loved it. Just watched it, was not spoiled. I was hooting and hollering the whole time.

The choice wasn't a bad one either, it's very zen.

Also, can we just talk about how loving good the music is? Like it's so good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Anita Dickinme posted:

This… sounds amazing. Maybe that similar situation will help Luke realize he’s being a gently caress rear end hypocrite and he’ll grow as a character and these shows will retcon the sequel trilogy. :dance:

i wouldn't say no to this

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Divergent timelines: the sequels are what happened when Ashoka died, the new timeline is showing us what happens when she lives

I have no expectations for this but once you introduce time travel this is what you open your franchise up to

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The fact this hasn't been 100% Boba Fett action doesn't surprise me because when the series was annouced they straight up said "think of it more like Mando season 2.5" so this is pretty much what I expected.

Well, i didn't expect We'd actually see Luke and Grogu and Ahsoka![spoiler] but more Mando was not surprising.

Also we can infer a bunch of stuff from this
Ahsoka almost certainly told Luke about what Anakin and Padme were like before Anakin's fall and Padme's death. Also stuff about Yoda and Obi-Wan, Mace Windu and others. But also no Jedi like Rex and Phoenix Squadron, though Luke probably met Hera at some point during the Rebellion. Anyways, TLDR Ahsoka is the bridge between the clone wars era and the rest.

It also heavily suggests after Yoda died, Luke did some light burgling of Yodas stuff and found his lightsaber. "Little green fuckers dead, well, lets see if he had any old playdroids or money stashed away"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Just caught up on Mando and Boba in the past week, so good! Just good Star Wars yarns, fun times. Vibing like folks were saying a few pages ago, I dig that. I like how this Boba show especially feels laid-back, and like it can go anywhere. It doesn't need to go any particular way, and I'm happy to see it go wherever. It's got that zen ronin cowboy vibe to it, just a pleasure to watch. And it feels so different from everything else around.

I really like Temuera as Boba, it's nice to see a less usual choice like that, and for a journeymen guy like that to get a show. Also, going with the laid-back thing, I just enjoy how I don't have particular expectations for this show. I enjoy the bonus Mando content we've gotten, and I like how we can dip around between Boba and the cast we're already more connected with.

Much like the Outback Steakhouse, no rules... just right. I probably should've thought of a New Zealand thing.

Also, Max Reebo and explosions, just too funny. I understand he wasn't there that night luckily, but it's just too funny how his places of business keep exploding.

Gonz posted:

We should all be so lucky for that mummy gently caress to get his own miniseries.

Dengar = ratings!

I also had no idea this badass gunslinger guy Cad is an established character, that's cool. what a great Western scene, just timeless. I also hadn't caught that the Wookie with the hard to spell name is from the comics, that's fun too.

One question, touched on a bit in the thread, what's Ahsoka's deal overall? Rosario is always great, just saw Josie and the Pussycats recently good stuff. Her character is very very zen and aloof here, even more than Jedi usual I'd say. Look forward to that show, and maybe I'll give those toons a go sometime.

Anyhoo, this has been some fun Star Wars viewing. They're pulling it off!

nine-gear crow posted:

Right level of dipshit swagger for Dash but too young and pudgy.

I've still got Shadows of the Empire on my to-read pile, gotta bone up on my Dash Rendar.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Remember that Yoda shows up as a force ghost at the end of ROTJ
Could have literally just told Luke where to find his old lightsaber

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

literally the only three or four episodes of the Clone Wars I've actually seen were a Cad Bane arc so I'm glad I got to have a little "oh poo poo" moment for that. even if I hadn't known who he was that was a really good scene

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Kesper North posted:

Remember that Yoda shows up as a force ghost at the end of ROTJ
Could have literally just told Luke where to find his old lightsaber

Or...comedy option
been like "Hey, you took my lightsaber, rear end in a top hat"

and luke would probably be like "Well, you aren't going to use it anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Darko posted:

Hes a Marshall and doesn't have super hidden rage that is always going to boil over. It's Raylen Givens.

Well true, Raylan's anger issues aren't very well hidden.