Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's literally like thinking Eos can cover the 79 dungeon, which is absolutely inane.

It was bewildering. I didn't want to like harass them but it's really hard not to notice they basically never hit any button that wasn't DPS or rarely a GCD heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I would like to be able to use PFs and such within Eureka and Bozja at least. I know it's due to the way they're implemented as their own instances but it's really a shame that relics are now siphoned off into these places that prevent you from doing other content while you're inside. You can't grind towards the relic without being inside. At least Bozja has many steps where you can make progress in non-Bozja content.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Good news. You can.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Good news. You can.

News to me, unless you mean PF while outside Eureka/Bozja.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nah, nothing in Bozja, but there are pf categories for all of them from outside.

And I'm either illiterate of you got an edit off before the timer, or I wouldn't have brought it up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I just had a Sage in the level 79 dungeon who was level 89 who didn't want to heal at all. They said that their DPS should be enough to keep people up. Somehow ignoring that A) Said DPS wasn't healing the DPS and B) OGcD heals make things a lot more tolerable.

It's not like the 79 dungeon's even especially hard to heal. You alternate between Haima and Soteria and otherwise do the standard Kerachole -> Physis + Taurochole thing during pulls. That's it!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
For my part I am trying to learn how to Sage better, but whenever the haimas aren't available I feel like I am spamming E Diagnosis during big pulls, as Soteria+Kardia doesn't feel like it outpaces the damage, so I guess I am still trying to feel how to play it smarter (At least on the 90 dungeons).

I also admit that I have no clue what to do with Zoe and Krasis.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

For my part I am trying to learn how to Sage better, but whenever the haimas aren't available I feel like I am spamming E Diagnosis during big pulls, as Soteria+Kardia doesn't feel like it outpaces the damage, so I guess I am still trying to feel how to play it smarter (At least on the 90 dungeons).

The level 90 dungeon pull for Sage consists of pre-shielding your tank before the first pack, shielding the tank again once the first pack breaks the shield, spamming dyskrasia as you run for the second pack, shielding again after the second pack breaks the shield, then you do these abilities in the following order Krasis + Physis II + Kerachole, then use your Phlegma III charges, then Toxicon II three times, then spam dyskrasia until the enemies die. If the enemies are taking too long to die you can use Taurochole only if Kerachole has worn off and maybe Haima if things aren't looking good.

If the above doesn't work and you have the proper level gear for the dungeon then either your tank has bad gear / doesn't use CDs properly, or your DPS is slow.

This video is helpful if you're not sure what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjdwUgwncI

Hommando fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 3, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Argas posted:

I would like to be able to use PFs and such within Eureka and Bozja at least. I know it's due to the way they're implemented as their own instances but it's really a shame that relics are now siphoned off into these places that prevent you from doing other content while you're inside. You can't grind towards the relic without being inside. At least Bozja has many steps where you can make progress in non-Bozja content.
On the other hand, if you haven't made Anima weapons and want to, Eureka and Bozja will give you all the poetics you could ever want, so at least you can kinda multitask in that way. And you will want a shitload of them for those animas.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Runa posted:

Yeah, a player that actually knows how to play healer will be a perfectly good Sage from the word go.

Completely fresh healers picking up Sage not only have to learn their job's kit, they have to learn an entirely new role.

This is specifically what I wanted to avoid, and why I've been slowly leveling Scholar. I wanted to learn the role with a similar job, because I knew if I went into anything with a fresh Sage that it would go very poorly. The fact that the Sage intro mission was very difficult for me only reinforced that I needed to do that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Unlucky7 posted:

Zoe makes Pneuma huge, and Krasis is just good for everything - Haima, Tarachole, E Diag. Hell, even their own Bloodwhetting / whatever.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Martman posted:

On the other hand, if you haven't made Anima weapons and want to, Eureka and Bozja will give you all the poetics you could ever want, so at least you can kinda multitask in that way. And you will want a shitload of them for those animas.

Isn't that only if you're level capped?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

King of Solomon posted:

This is specifically what I wanted to avoid, and why I've been slowly leveling Scholar. I wanted to learn the role with a similar job, because I knew if I went into anything with a fresh Sage that it would go very poorly. The fact that the Sage intro mission was very difficult for me only reinforced that I needed to do that.

It was difficult for me until I realized I had crap jewelery on my RHS. Once I got that taken care of it became doable.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Unlucky7 posted:

It was difficult for me until I realized I had crap jewelery on my RHS. Once I got that taken care of it became doable.

It wasn't so hard that I couldn't do it, it just took a little while. I think if I knew how to play the role at the time it probably would have been fine.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Argas posted:

Isn't that only if you're level capped?
Nah afaik they are always dropped. Poetics are the non-current-gear-level tome, so they generally never require level cap.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My static managed to see act 4 in a single night of final prog. Feeling pretty good about getting the clear next week

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013
I feel like phase 2 looks like deceivingly complicated, but it's easy to learn and very satisfying to execute. Great capstone fight for the tier.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mad Science posted:

I feel like phase 2 looks like deceivingly complicated, but it's easy to learn and very satisfying to execute. Great capstone fight for the tier.

so far my only complaint is that it really should have circular indicators on the floor showing the blast radii of all the big aoes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Runa posted:

Yeah, a player that actually knows how to play healer will be a perfectly good Sage from the word go.

Completely fresh healers picking up Sage not only have to learn their job's kit, they have to learn an entirely new role.

That's me, right now,

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bleck posted:

That's me, right now,

I really do recommend picking up one of the other healers for a while before starting Sage. Even AST is a decent starting point.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

King of Solomon posted:

It wasn't so hard that I couldn't do it, it just took a little while. I think if I knew how to play the role at the time it probably would have been fine.

I have to admit, by the time I realized I should replace my jewlery I had tried it so many times that the rotation was drilled into me.

Also

Hommando posted:

The level 90 dungeon pull for Sage consists of pre-shielding your tank before the first pack, shielding the tank again once the first pack breaks the shield, spamming dyskrasia as you run for the second pack, shielding again after the second pack breaks the shield, then you do these abilities in the following order Krasis + Physis II + Kerachole, then use your Phlegma III charges, then Toxicon II three times, then spam dyskrasia until the enemies die. If the enemies are taking too long to die you can use Taurochole only if Kerachole has worn off and maybe Haima if things aren't looking good.

If the above doesn't work and you have the proper level gear for the dungeon then either your tank has bad gear / doesn't use CDs properly, or your DPS is slow.

This video is helpful if you're not sure what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjdwUgwncI

Thank you for this, this was a huge help.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i’ve hit curtain call a couple times now and i think i can confidently say i don’t think p4s is a very good fight. i’m not really having fun with it, where even p3s i grew to like a lot once i got out of adds hell.

part 2 in particular just feels like way too much visual noise for something they already did well enough last tier — spell in waiting in e12s. i also really dislike the responsiveness of tethers; having to stay out so much longer than it feels like you really need to.

granted part of it is the burn out is real. i’m ready to retire from raiding and just want this dracula dead. it’s just a bummer that after three fights i like a lot i have to go through a lot of nonsense that i don’t before i can wrap this up.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Heavensward moves rapidly toward its conclusion. More rapidly than I was expecting, as it turned out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

so far my only complaint is that it really should have circular indicators on the floor showing the blast radii of all the big aoes

They're not circular but safe spots are generally denoted by the small diamonds on the ground.

I'm a fan of p4s, it looks complicated but it's deceptively simple.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ibblebibble posted:

They're not circular but safe spots are generally denoted by the small diamonds on the ground.

I'm a fan of p4s, it looks complicated but it's deceptively simple.

in act 2, the aoes are off center, so the safe spots don't line up well with the floor geometry

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

in act 2, the aoes are off center, so the safe spots don't line up well with the floor geometry

Yeah, fair, but thats why the waymarks are specifically for act 2 then :v:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Been taking advantage of Road to 80 - everything above 50 now.

Does anyone happen to know how much EXP you get per HW dungeon? ARR were giving about 3-4 levels a dungeon. I did Doma Castle at 67 and I don't think I got a whole level, so I imagine its going to peter out quite quickly.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Martman posted:

BA is a lot more fun than DR normal... once you get in at least.

DR Savage seems pretty cool but I haven't had the chance to give it a serious go.

there's a discord i run with for BA on primal that runs a pair of DR savage statics - they're just recently starting up, run by great, knowledgeable and dedicated people, and both are full of people willing to learn and prog. if you're interested (and on primal) head over to this discord and assign yourself some roles to see the static signup sheets. https://discord.gg/7tYdCh8s

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I have to say that I'm also not having fun with P4S. My group should be clearing the door boss tonight but... it's taken us a couple weeks to get to this point. There's just a ton of non binary decision points, happening in rapid fire, sometimes using indicators that are the reverse of how you're used to reading them, and one fuckup from anybody has a good chance of causing a wipe. Sure finally getting past Pinax hell feels good, but I just feel more weary at this point.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The answer is to just do Pinax enough times that you just burn how every combination of mechanics should go into your memory.

I should do a parse run or two of P4S p1 this weekend, it's my only blue parse.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

King of Solomon posted:

I really do recommend picking up one of the other healers for a while before starting Sage. Even AST is a decent starting point.

You say this but I looked through AST and SCH's kits and I feel like they're way more complicated. AST has like four buttons dedicated to just this card mechanic thing? SCH has a pet that you don't control except when you do and they give you meter to do a thing that gives you another meter which you can use to [???]

Meanwhile SGE is like "put the green thing and a shield on the tank. Now shoot lasers at things until someone is dying and then use your stuff that makes them not die."

I have not unlocked the class that leads into WHM because everyone I play with says WHM is awful.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

The answer is to just do Pinax enough times that you just burn how every combination of mechanics should go into your memory.

Yeah we're at that point. We've seen the enrage and are on track to beat it with just a few less deaths. The issue was that the process of burning every Pinax and Blood Rake iteration into our brains was unfun compared to previous raid tier bosses.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Yeah we're at that point. We've seen the enrage and are on track to beat it with just a few less deaths. The issue was that the process of burning every Pinax and Blood Rake iteration into our brains was unfun compared to previous raid tier bosses.

Fair, I had a lot of fun optimising my rotation for every mechanics combo personally but I can see how others wouldn't like it.

Bleck posted:

You say this but I looked through AST and SCH's kits and I feel like they're way more complicated. AST has like four buttons dedicated to just this card mechanic thing? SCH has a pet that you don't control except when you do and they give you meter to do a thing that gives you another meter which you can use to [???]

Meanwhile SGE is like "put the green thing and a shield on the tank. Now shoot lasers at things until someone is dying and then use your stuff that makes them not die."

I have not unlocked the class that leads into WHM because everyone I play with says WHM is awful.

WHM is perfectly fine as baby's first healer. It could use a few buffs to make it a bit more competitive with the other healers in Savage content but it's not so dire that it can't perform functionally in it either.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

My static managed to see act 4 in a single night of final prog. Feeling pretty good about getting the clear next week

Easy clear for sure

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

WHM isn't awful, it's slightly underpowered compared to other healers at the moment and that's why people who main it are complaining. It's a perfectly viable class and plays well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I had a way easier time with WHM then AST for 80-90.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
For the past few weeks, I've been trying to solo O4S on SGE. After hitting i588 this week, I finally pulled it off. I'm incredibly bad at Emptiness.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Fair, I had a lot of fun optimising my rotation for every mechanics combo personally but I can see how others wouldn't like it.

WHM is perfectly fine as baby's first healer. It could use a few buffs to make it a bit more competitive with the other healers in Savage content but it's not so dire that it can't perform functionally in it either.

WHM is probably the worst healer to play first, because it teaches you bad habits that you have to unlearn (Freecure, no OGCD heals before lvl 60 except for Benediction, which causes Elixir syndrome).
And that's even if you actually read all your tooltips, which many people don't seem to do, so they think Cure 3 is a better Cure 2, and Mediaca 2 is something that you spam, instead of letting the heal tick :smithicide:.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Bleck posted:

SCH has a pet that you don't control except when you do and they give you meter to do a thing that gives you another meter which you can use to [???]

Some of your AoE cooldowns and a very small but permanent HoT (similar to Kardia, except it will heal whoever instead of focusing on one specific person at a time) originates from the fairy instead of you. That's it. That's all it is. It's not some kind of management system. You don't need to worry about it dying. You don't control it aside from "stand there" and "follow me" commands, and even then you barely need to worry about those (99% of the time you just Place it in the middle of the arena and then never think about it again)

The meter is for an ability to tether your pet to someone, which makes the permanent HoT a little better. It's Soteria but extremely clumsy and awkward

SCH is super straightforward once your brain stops locking up from seeing the word "pet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kinda hitting the doldrums for leveling DRG at 87+, SGE at 81+, and DNC at ~76. After DRs, should I just do Bozja for DNC until 81+, and run dungeons on SGE and DRG?