Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't want anyone to know Spider-Man is back in town! Welp, time to climb up the side of this building in broad daylight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't want anyone to know Spider-Man is back in town! Welp, time to climb up the side of this building in broad daylight.

he's in disguise, nobody will recognize him

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Peter, why would we want a ca-"
"Yes sir, a new car!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I'm not wearing my costume, so there's no way he'll suspect I'm Spider-Man.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm not wearing my costume, so there's no way he'll suspect I'm Spider-Man.

To be fair, it's the Marvel Universe, where it's like thirty-seventy odds that the person you're trying to mug has super powers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Just smiling evilly as I point at car ads, as people do.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

wasn't trying to buy a new car what got Raimi spiderman to fight bonesaw?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"I wish I could read!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Peter's decision paralysis never gets old.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Three people sitting on a stage waiting for someone to arrive used to be ratings gold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

We should really keep tally of what Peter's Spidey-Sense can help warn him about :

Security Cameras: Yes.
Getting kicked in the ribs: No.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is a normal morning for Peter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This a very cute arc. I wonder how things will take a turn for the stupid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Car Salesman will be a super villain or something .

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Hydro-Man's Used Cars! Prices so low, they've gone down the drain!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter so excited he put on his Spider-Man outfit :3:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nothing is more fun than buying a car.

NOTHING

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Nothing is more fun than buying a car.

NOTHING

Especially not web swinging. When I played the new Spider-Man game I made sure to use fast travel as much as I could because it was so boring swinging through the streets.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feel like we missed a strip between,"Spider-Man needs to be here by the end of the commercial break" and,"And now Spider-Man will step in front of this fluoroscope!" ?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That dude's gonna look back in his old age and wish he'd gone to the terrorism rally instead.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sorry I'm late posting this I've been at the terrorism rally.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm loving this already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nsm trying and failing mundane actions is totally my jam

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET TO THE TERRORISM RALLY?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yet another Kingpin arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerusalem posted:

Feel like we missed a strip between,"Spider-Man needs to be here by the end of the commercial break" and,"And now Spider-Man will step in front of this fluoroscope!" ?

We did, for some reason the Sunday strips for the black and white comics are not being posted.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Sorry I'm late posting this I've been at the terrorism rally.

When did this storyline originally run? Just a bit weirded out by the dude openly smoking a cigar in this newspaper comic, when I vaguely recall a lot of comic book characters in the 90s like Nick Fury not being drawn smoking anymore since it sent the message "smoking is cool" to kids.

Though this dude is obviously supposed to be a greasy suspicious creep, not a cool awesome hero, so maybe it's okay for him to smoke since he's bad.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MonsterEnvy posted:

We did, for some reason the Sunday strips for the black and white comics are not being posted.
The newspaper scans I get them (and some other strips I post in the newspaper comics thread) from are from a paper that didn't have Sunday editions. :eng101:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jerusalem posted:

Push El Burrito posted:

WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET TO THE TERRORISM RALLY?!

Look at the background guy, he's so sad, holding all the grenades they were just going to bring to the terrorism rally. loving TV, man. They don't make terrorists like they used to.

Twelve by Pies posted:

When did this storyline originally run?

The futuristic year of 2000. It's one of the final Stan Lee written (supposedly) strips before Roy Thomas took over the following year. I'm not an expert, but I don't think Comic Code rules apply on newspaper strips, which may be why you can see a dude smoking here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Look at the background guy, he's so sad, holding all the grenades they were just going to bring to the terrorism rally. loving TV, man. They don't make terrorists like they used to.

The futuristic year of 2000. It's one of the final Stan Lee written (supposedly) strips before Roy Thomas took over the following year. I'm not an expert, but I don't think Comic Code rules apply on newspaper strips, which may be why you can see a dude smoking here.

this might be too bad of a joke, but given the date in the corner, this is the timeline where Spidey trying to make money on TV stopped 9/11

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

this might be too bad of a joke, but given the date in the corner, this is the timeline where Spidey trying to make money on TV stopped 9/11

Wrong storyline. "Peter buys a car" is the 2000 one, Terrorism Rally is from the '70s.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Kids these days are just zombies staring at a television screen, they won't even go out and do good old fashioned honest terrorism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fidel Castro is so sad that Yasser Arafat isn't into terrorism anymore, the magic is gone from their relationship :smith:

Anyway, I'm so excited for Spider-Man against his more fearsome foe yet..... The Used Car Salesman!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I always thought this guy was based on Tom Snyder and I think that's correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7gvTEA2uT8

There's no reason to be rude, Peter.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Maybe MJ and Peter should have gone to a decent used car place instead of Sal's Junkyard Deals.

I'm just biased because I have pretty much only bought used cars and they've all been very good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

As we all know, the small town known as New York City only has the one used cars dealer.

Alternatively, Peter's budget is a check for 500 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter's as good at buying cars as he is anything else.