Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Opopanax posted:

His name is Vermin Supreme you Philistine

Pro: is a gumboot catweazle.

Con: Libertarian.

In conclusion, Vermin Supreme is a land of contrasts.

Darthemed posted:

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Women of Marvel 2005 (2005)

Well that's certainly an interesting career progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Darthemed posted:

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Women of Marvel 2005 (2005)

Elissimpark posted:

Well that's certainly an interesting career progression.

I believe she is also Nightcrawler's adoptive sister and most frequent romantic partner.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

davidspackage posted:

He makes a lot of good points but that age 80 voting limit really needs to be reduced to like 60.

As someone in their 30s, it should probably be reduced to 30.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

X-Treme X-Men #12

I'm reading this issue as part of a crossover and the recap makes me wanna go back and read the rest of the series.

You should, that run is very good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

glitchwraith posted:

I believe she is also Nightcrawler's adoptive sister and most frequent romantic partner.

sounds totally normal

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

sounds totally normal

She hides her identity from him when they start dating and when he finds out this woman he's been dating for a while is his adoptive sister, he's totally fine with it. Also, this isn't a Clueless/Cruel Intentions type thing where someone was adopted when they were teenagers or whatever, Nightcrawler was raised by her mother since they were both babies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I truly love Marvel's use of the circus for stories and character origins.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Skwirl posted:

She hides her identity from him when they start dating and when he finds out this woman he's been dating for a while is his adoptive sister, he's totally fine with it. Also, this isn't a Clueless/Cruel Intentions type thing where someone was adopted when they were teenagers or whatever, Nightcrawler was raised by her mother since they were both babies.

In fact, I believe that stint as a flight attendant job was part of the disguise.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lobok posted:

I truly love Marvel's use of the circus for stories and character origins.

I mean, her circus stint was because when her and nightcrawler were children together their whole family worked in a traveling circus, that was long established as part of Nightcrawler's origin so the whole adoptive sister thing doesn't work if she isn't a circus performer.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah, there's a group shot after the identity reveal, and only Colossus looks even vaguely concerned, which I sincerely believe was a coincidence. Nightcrawler is literally :Ding

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh and he was living with that family as an adoptive son literally until moments before Xavier rescues him from the angry mob and recruits him for the X-Men in Giant-Size #1, so he was a young adult the last time Nightcrawler saw her, having spent his entire life being raised by her mother.

It's like if instead of Woody Allen married Soon Yi, Ronan Farrow went out with her.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skwirl posted:

:stare:

Wh-what are you doing, step-mutant?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

I mean, her circus stint was because when her and nightcrawler were children together their whole family worked in a traveling circus, that was long established as part of Nightcrawler's origin so the whole adoptive sister thing doesn't work if she isn't a circus performer.

It sounds like you're defending it but I am not against it! My love for Marvel's use of the circus is completely unironic.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Elissimpark posted:

A costume is important, but remember to stay inside a reasonable budget, especially if you're just starting out:

(I came for Lord Buckethead, but honestly, Gumboot Catweazle has stolen the show (and my heart))

This could double as bad cosplay of two characters from my long-running D&D campaign.

I swear to god if Phil has been secretly playing as Lord Buckethead for the last two years to put one over on us Americans, I'm gonna...buy him a beer, because that's fantastic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Authority v5 (2008-2010)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just gonna rest this teacup on my single centralised moob

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Uthor posted:

X-Treme X-Men #12

I'm reading this issue as part of a crossover and the recap makes me wanna go back and read the rest of the series.

It's sadly overlooked that Dazzler used to run an interdimensional Xavier-hunting death squad

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

This could double as bad cosplay of two characters from my long-running D&D campaign.

I swear to god if Phil has been secretly playing as Lord Buckethead for the last two years to put one over on us Americans, I'm gonna...buy him a beer, because that's fantastic.

"So your character is a paladin..."
"...of chaos, yes. And a noble..."
"Huh, odd helm. What's their name?"
".... Bouquet...kopf...."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #42 (1953)

Quasar #23 (1991)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Darthemed posted:

Quasar #23 (1991)

I need a whole issue filled with Ghost Rider's internal monologue meandering more and more as he gets lost in the whole moth-flame metaphor.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Tony you gotta be a little more subtle

Iron Man #123

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

GPTribefan posted:

Tony you gotta be a little more subtle

Iron Man #123

Would have thought the table having no legs made that obvious

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gnome de plume posted:

Would have thought the table having no legs made that obvious

It's transistor powered.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spidey Super Stories #37 (1978)

Power Man and Iron Fist #86 (1982)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Darthemed posted:

Is Cage eating a sword?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Looks like they're about to have a hardcore B.F. weekend.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Lord Buckethead had to change his name to Count Binface because the creators of the movie he took his original name from finally heard about him and objected.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Comics #5 (1937)

Quasar #23 (1991)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Is Cage eating a sword?

Looks like he's picking his teeth with a Bowie knife. Hope he's got steel-hard gums as well.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Quasar #23 (1991)

Yes, yes, I've seen Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain too.
*rolls eyes

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Elissimpark posted:

Yes, yes, I've seen Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain too.
*rolls eyes

To be fair, the first two thirds of that movie are really entertaining! Much more than any of his comics.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #24 (1943)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Darthemed posted:

Detective Comics #5 (1937)

DC Comics Presents: Secret Origins of the Golden Age Jordan Peterson

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Going through the late 70s/early 80s Iron Man again has been a treat

Is…. Is Scott gonna break this guys dick in half?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's Ant Man, he could break your stapes

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bucnasti posted:

DC Comics Presents: Secret Origins of the Golden Age Jordan Peterson

DC powercreep in effect, modern day JP eats steaks for every meal, but they added a kryptonite weakness in the form of cider.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Phy posted:

He's Ant Man, he could break your stapes

Had to google that, but good call. (Small bone inside the ear for anyone else that wanted to know)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No idea of issue sorry!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Infinitum posted:

No idea of issue sorry!

That's an early issue of DC vs. Vampires. Issue 1 or 2, I believe.

Hal Jordan is the leader of those vampires, and killed her brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

All-Flash #9 (1943)

Spidey Super Stories #37 (1978)