Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

JT Jag posted:

The Jaguars are almost certainly going to be announcing they're hiring Rich Bisaccia and retaining Trent Baalke either tonight or tomorrow

I would like to announce my intention to become a full-time Bengals fan in the interim

Gonna need to get a name change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

really queer Christmas posted:

Gonna need to get a name change
My username is JT Jag loving everywhere too, this team will haunt me to my dying day

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

The Jaguars are almost certainly going to be announcing they're hiring Rich Bisaccia and retaining Trent Baalke either tonight or tomorrow

I would like to announce my intention to become a full-time Bengals fan in the interim
I'm right there with you my man. I need a new av.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1489410900058513409

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I’ve accepted the Jaguars head coaching job

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

Hire me as your OC TIA

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Superbowl dreams still alive for one lucky 49ers fan!

:drat:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Can you win a power struggle with Baalke?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Jomboy breakdown on the first unsportsmanlike in Brady's career, which amusingly happened in the last of 308 games. Impressive to only get more childish as you age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fatr0k6s8

pretty sure Von Miller wasn't being really to blame, maybe could've held off but he actually pulls up quite a lot. kind of curious if anyone thinks it was a little cheeky helmet punch though

Fifty Three posted:

Russ just loving destroyed the passing accuracy competition and oh god why am I watching this, why is it almost the unfeeling darkness of the offseason

It's so on brand for Russ to show up all pumped to the pro bowl skills contest. Not in a bad way though, it's kind of adorable

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's a grindset

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1489436605278568448Well. Could have certainly been worse, Pederson was probably my #3 guy

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Welcome, brother. You can say your user name stands for "Josh Tupuo Just a Guy."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1489436605278568448Well. Could have certainly been worse, Pederson was probably my #3 guy
Time to change my av. Go Bengals!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JT Jag posted:

Poor Pederson.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mike Tomlin looking around and going :thunk:.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Mike Tomlin looking around and going :thunk:.

Smh and he's about to go take a demotion into a college job.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With the incentives for losing thing, that’s probably part of the reason Stefanski didn’t run Chubb and instead forced it on Baker to throw. Because otherwise it’s confounding.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man it’s been quite the free fall for Pederson from owning Brady in the super bowl to taking over a particularly lovely iteration of the Jags.

Gatts posted:

With the incentives for losing thing, that’s probably part of the reason Stefanski didn’t run Chubb and instead forced it on Baker to throw. Because otherwise it’s confounding.

Is the claim that the Browns are still throwing games? I thought that was during the Hue Jackson 0-16 era, although no level of shittiness from Haslam would be surprising.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Docjowles posted:

Man it’s been quite the free fall for Pederson from owning Brady in the super bowl to taking over a particularly lovely iteration of the Jags.

Is the claim that the Browns are still throwing games? I thought that was during the Hue Jackson 0-16 era, although no level of shittiness from Haslam would be surprising.

Assume the Browns are always throwing. Even when they can run.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Dexo posted:

Smh and he's about to go take a demotion into a college job.
Many people are saying this

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I get throwing when you're in play for a top five pick, but there's no way the current iteration of the Browns were throwing football games. They were a playoff contender with 2 or 3 weeks left.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If the Browns were intentionally trying to lose games, why would they ever have fired Hue Jackson? He was amazing at that

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

When you see a team hire Hue, you know they’re about to start a rebuild.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hue is a really good OC and it's a shame Brownsstink will probably follow him forever.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: Impact Wrestling offers to hire Sean Payton as a coach

V: Something something something BountyGate

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

latinotwink1997 posted:

When you see a team hire Hue, you know they’re about to start a rebuild.

Glass cliff but for black men.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Romo got like $18m/per. Brady is gonna make more money announcing than the Patriots ever paid him.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1489013743895945219

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brady doesn't seem like he'd have any interest in doing that but maybe I'm wrong.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

yeah i never got the sense he wanted to go into TV. Its easy money if he wants it though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't see him in booth announcing, but I could totally see him doing a talking studio head gig.

He'd also be Marino level barely contained simmering rage doing it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I guess tv has a lot of money to burn if they think it's worth the massive gamble that just because he's the best qb ever he's also going to be an incredible announcer which is definitely the same skillset.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Brady would suck poo poo at the gig I feel confident in saying

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Brady would suck poo poo at the gig I feel confident in saying

This was my first thought too. Why do networks feel he'd be a draw? Nobody cared about Romo as a name. It was only after when he proved competent as a color man that be grew a fan base.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm counting out Television Tom.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

even if he sucks rear end it seems pretty clear why tv networks want 'the greatest player of all time', as he is viewed by the vast majority of the public regardless of what anyone else thinks. romo was second team all pro one time. wouldn't have been much or pursued by tv without being on the cowboys

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
News: I watched the Kurt Warner movie

Views: It wasn't a good movie, but his story is pretty incredible.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t think anyone is turning down $25m per for like 10 hours of work a week. Maybe Manning did but that would be crazy as well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I saw Toms SNL appearance and he was awful so I feel like I can draw many conclusions from that

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

I guess tv has a lot of money to burn if they think it's worth the massive gamble that just because he's the best qb ever he's also going to be an incredible announcer which is definitely the same skillset.
Massive gamble to... put the best player of all time on screen? It doesnt matter if he's good, just look at Tony Dungy with his 1000 mile stare and Terry Bradshaw, who can barely form a coherent sentence anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The only genuinely entertaining commentary that Brady could provide is if he was allowed to just go full no filter and absolutely poo poo on everything and everyone he’s seeing make mistakes or do something dumb. Which he wouldn’t ever want to do even if he was somehow permitted because he’s too brand conscious.