Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

skooma512 posted:

A. Blinken

(say it out loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dDtOHH5ExY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Really like Mark Ames griping about Joshua Foust being a giant piece of poo poo and telling us about how tried to destroy Foust's life and then Glenn Greenwald came to Foust's defense.

The 2011 stuff is by far the most interesting part of the Kazakhstan episode.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

NO ! I SAID HEY BLINKEN

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Really like Mark Ames griping about Joshua Foust being a giant piece of poo poo and telling us about how tried to destroy Foust's life and then Glenn Greenwald came to Foust's defense.

Agree, very interesting stuff

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sounds like the new episode was recorded right before Zelensky really started pushing back on western delusions about an invasion. I'd love to hear Mark's take on all the FP experts turning on him.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1487425269363265543?s=20&t=Rl5DMqDcfIC30cM2qIRLkA

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Jan 30, 2022

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wondering what kind of new terrorist groups will be coming out of Ukraine after a bunch of these arms shipments get lost and end up in Ukrainian fascist hands. Euro ISIS? Ukraine Al Qaeda maybe?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ukrainian alpha 66

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

azov division

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

foust is a particular kind of boozy acela corridor lunatic --- there are many and they inhabit that area and have their fingers in the intelligence agencies, media, and think-tank worlds

or maybe the drink-tank world :tinsley:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
burn after reading is really a documentary. think of john malkovich's character but he's a young man and working for both bellingcat and some soul-crushing spook agency handling satellite imagery of axis-of-evil countries. people like that really exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1XyFRMskE&t=81s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm very excited about all these new episodes we're getting but dreading the two week drought that's going to follow. Or maybe breaking his elbow has made John more productive podcast wise.

Anyway, I really loved the anecdote on the new episode about how Spaniards were only declaring 20% of taxable goods to the crown.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the spain episode was interesting but structured in a somehow weird way where i zoned out several times before snapping back and learning something. might've been the (understandably nervous) guest, i suppose

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

the spain episode was interesting but structured in a somehow weird way where i zoned out several times before snapping back and learning something. might've been the (understandably nervous) guest, i suppose

His accent doesn't come in too well with the bad audio quality from his end. I'm gonna have to relisten because it was hard to understand while driving.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

net work error posted:

Wondering what kind of new terrorist groups will be coming out of Ukraine after a bunch of these arms shipments get lost and end up in Ukrainian fascist hands. Euro ISIS? Ukraine Al Qaeda maybe?

nah the closest analog is the Grey Wolves.
azov battalion guys are gonna murdering left wingers all over Europe on Americas behalf for the rest of our lives once the eastern Ukraine stuff cools off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spit my drink when the guest brought up EU4 right while I was playing it lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
yeah that got me last night while cooking dinner

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Goon project: get the Vicky 3 director onto Radio War Nerd to discuss map games

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
everyone subscribe to the 3ma patreon to get a crossover ep going

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

foust is a particular kind of boozy acela corridor lunatic --- there are many and they inhabit that area and have their fingers in the intelligence agencies, media, and think-tank worlds

or maybe the drink-tank world :tinsley:

It's a shame these DC assholes are referenced by Acela, sullying the name of an honorable train.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

friend of the show Carl Zha has been having a kitten emergency

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1483978676203298817?s=20

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1484849100256575489?s=20

Eating solids, playing Fallout 2 mods. Pretty sweet.

Carl loving owns so hard

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

hottest unionist civil war podcast crossover event of the season incoming

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Spime Wrangler posted:

they should counter-program that with mike duncan and the hingepoints guy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

john's mentioned matt karp's book a few times during the acw series, i wonder if they'll have him on too

looking fwd to the cush ep tho

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Spime Wrangler posted:

lol as soon as John name-dropped Willich you knew this was coming but happy to have it confirmed

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Spit my drink when the guest brought up EU4 right while I was playing it lmao

I was doing the same lmao. It's how I've learned most of my 1400-1700 history. Some event or country catches my eye and I just order a book about them

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Atrocious Joe posted:

Goon project: get the Vicky 3 director onto Radio War Nerd to discuss map games

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Spime Wrangler posted:

Finally.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I was doing the same lmao. It's how I've learned most of my 1400-1700 history. Some event or country catches my eye and I just order a book about them

i love having a strong handle on geography that's 400+ years out of date

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the english and the dutch had a naval battle in the bay just outside of my home town

there's still a cannonball stuck in the local cathedral

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Whenever I see the title of this thread I imagine John playing Sekiro.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

V. Illych L. posted:

the english and the dutch had a naval battle in the bay just outside of my home town

there's still a cannonball stuck in the local cathedral

Should've got Varg to burn it down, that'd sort out the cannonball

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

forkboy84 posted:

Should've got Varg to burn it down, that'd sort out the cannonball

unfortunately it's a stone church and he was quite particular about which churches he liked to burn (i.e. the cool ones). the rear end in a top hat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

V. Illych L. posted:

unfortunately it's a stone church and he was quite particular about which churches he liked to burn (i.e. the cool ones). the rear end in a top hat.

Such a coward he was/is. Just need to use the right materials.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Such a coward he was/is. Just need to use the right materials.

- Euronymous on Dead's necklace

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Spime Wrangler posted:

hell yeah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
rwn has a better hit/miss ratio than almost any pod out there

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Took me 8 months but I finally listened to every episode. And what a trip that was.

Now I have to find another podcast to complete

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Digital Jedi posted:

Took me 8 months but I finally listened to every episode. And what a trip that was.

Now I have to find another podcast to complete

Revolutions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh to go from episodes with 85 minutes of content to episodes with 19 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

yeah but we're on episode 84 of the Russian Revolution and the civil war is just kicking off