Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

is pepsi ok posted:

Companies that can hire people who were fans of their products always abuse the hell out of their employees. See also Disney, Activision/Blizzard, the NFL, etc.

Agreed. Anyone who really cares about the work that they do is ripe for exploitation by someone who doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
quality of the product is now fully detached from stock price. Nick Khan is a genius.

ozebane
Nov 4, 2009
I thought Rock didn’t want to show up anymore after he did that run-in for Roman and got booed.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

iirc his last match was at Mania 32 when he squashed Erick Rowan in six seconds

I don't think he'll want to come back just to eat a pinfall

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

I would be shocked if Rock showed up for a match.

Stipulation is loser becomes Governor of Californa.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If Rock turned up for the WM39 main event, took a single spear from Reigns, and then lost in like 10 seconds I'd consider Vince a booking god.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

What happened there?

Rock got injured in that Mania main event (the injuries Timby mentioned) and instead of “toughing it out” to go out on RAW and do, presumably, some extra “pass the torch” nonsense with Cena after putting him over in the main event of WrestleMania, he flew back home to talk to a doctor not on the WWE payroll so he could get back to his much better paying and much more enjoyable day job as soon as possible with his health intact.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Rock got injured in that Mania main event (the injuries Timby mentioned) and instead of “toughing it out” to go out on RAW and do, presumably, some extra “pass the torch” nonsense with Cena after putting him over in the main event of WrestleMania, he flew back home to talk to a doctor not on the WWE payroll so he could get back to his much better paying and much more enjoyable day job as soon as possible with his health intact.

And all the Buffalo growth hormone that comes with! :v:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

If Rock turned up for the WM39 main event, took a single spear from Reigns, and then lost in like 10 seconds I'd consider Vince a booking god.

ACKNOWLEDGE ME

"Yes sir Roman Reigns you are the tribal chief.........."

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
SmackDown!

quote:

Paul Heyman rejoins Universal Champion Roman Reigns

At Royal Rumble, Paul Heyman betrayed his client Brock Lesnar when he helped Roman Reigns interfere in The Beast’s match with Bobby Lashley, costing Lesnar the WWE Championship in the process. With the WWE Universe in shock, Heyman then took his leave alongside The Head of the Table.

In the wake of his treachery, Heyman will rejoin Reigns on SmackDown. Find out what happens when The Bloodline reunites once again.

quote:

Ronda Rousey to appear on SmackDown, choose who she will challenge at WrestleMania

Fresh off her explosive Royal Rumble Match victory on Saturday, Ronda Rousey dropped the outspoken Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch on Monday Night Raw before informing the outraged titleholder that she will be at SmackDown to announce which Women’s Champion she will challenge at WrestleMania 38.

Which championship will The Baddest Woman on the Planet target at WrestleMania?

quote:

The return of Drew McIntyre
After suffering a two-on-one backstage attack from Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss at WWE Day 1, former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre made a shocking comeback in last Saturday’s Royal Rumble Match, returning from his severe neck injury months earlier than expected! In addition to sending both Corbin and Moss over the top rope, The Scottish Warrior battled all the way to the end of the high-stakes free-for-all before being the last Superstar eliminated by the victorious Brock Lesnar.

Tonight, McIntyre’s path of destruction resumes when he makes his explosive return to SmackDown

I wonder if the wrestling show will have any wrestling!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

A big plan set for tonight's Smackdown
After reporting that Goldberg was set to return to WWE, Fightful has learned that the working plan is for him to appear on tonight's episode of Smackdown.

Flights are getting canceled all over the country, but Fightful confirmed that as of Thursday evening, Goldberg was scheduled to travel to Oklahoma City, the site of WWE Smackdown on February 4. He was also figured in creatively for the program, with the most recent creative being that he'd take on Roman Reigns in Saudi Arabia in a couple of weeks at Elimination Chamber, which is all subject to change.

It's worth noting that Bill Goldberg has been booked to lose 3 consecutive world Title matches over the last two years, but last competed at Crown Jewel, where he beat current WWE Champion Bobby Lashley.

We hope to have more on the plans for tonight's Smackdown shortly before the show.

quote:

Note on WWE traveling to Saudi Arabia
We've been receiving numerous inquiries after Nia Jax tweeted that "if you really think that all your favorites don’t feel the same as I do, you’re sadly mistaken" regarding vaccination status.

While we won't disclose someone's personal vaccination status, we have confirmed with WWE and numerous staff and talent that in order to travel to Saudi Arabia for their upcoming WWE Elimination Chamber show, vaccination is required. One step beyond that, a booster is also required.
Let the rumors begin on who doesn't travel

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Digital Jedi posted:

I would say she's just trying to defend her own stupidity, but then I remembered that wrestlers in general are really loving dumb, so who knows? Guess we'll find out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/j...-her-home-life/ Cult

bartok
May 10, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

can't believe Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are antivaxxers

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
poo poo

load

of

viruses

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Would not shock me at all if AJ Styles had a fake Vax card

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they don't want none, of the vaccines. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Him or Dolph

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not trying to stamp on a joke but since he was named in one, it deserves to be known that sami zayn is anti-vax because he is scared of needles

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Remember how in the beforetimez we laughed about some interview confronting AJ about flat earth theory and he got all defensive and kept saying “I’m just asking questions.” He said some of what flat earth era were talking about was interesting. That was 2017 right? Dude is definitely a mesh mask wearing antivaxxer that probably still calls it the Fauci Ouchie. They did purge the louder chuds like Drake Wuertz, Scarlett and the Molon Labe gladiator dork so I guess Nia might be sorta right that there might be more. Guess the main thing is whether you shut up and get the shot and booster so the wwe can exploit you for cash. WWE is chud as hell but they are more Tucker Carlson grifter than true believer. Come up with a decent fake and don’t get caught and they will not care… unless Vince’s brainworms decide they want to start caring. Or you sneeze. Or call a steak wrap a burrito. Or remind him of a brother or son. Or it rains.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

not trying to stamp on a joke but since he was named in one, it deserves to be known that sami zayn is anti-vax because he is scared of needles

That's why he didn't start wrestling until Issac Yankem retired.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXTUK is apparently still a thing. Source: Bea Priestley breaking her everything on a show that aired yesterday :nms: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/sksq3g/the_injury_suffered_by_blair_davenport/ :nms:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What has that rascal Drake Wuertz been up to lately?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What has that rascal Drake Wuertz been up to lately?

Running for the Florida legislature.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speaking of :rip:s
https://twitter.com/machobeard4life/status/1489608716580229128?s=21

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

“Just let it play out”
<plays out exactly as people expected>
“ah well never the less”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm letting it play out until i die. on my death bed the tv is going to come on and it will be all my favorite wwe superstars congratulating me on my life and dedication to the product. then all my biggest faves are going to have a great storyline together and win all the belts at wrestlemania 8. numbered wrestlemanias have been retconned by this time, and each one is numbered by the month it takes place in now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tweak posted:

“Just let it play out”
<plays out exactly as people expected>
“ah well never the less”

You didn't support him hard enough

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
no one is surprised less by this outcome than Big Everything Langston himself

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They didn't show Shane get eliminated in the Smackdown highlights lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m watching Smackdown

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Ad by Khad posted:

no one is surprised less by this outcome than Big Everything Langston himself

Big who? Show?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Codependent Poster posted:

They didn't show Shane get eliminated in the Smackdown highlights lol

So they missed Rey’s elimination to focus on Shane’s entrance, whose elimination in turn was scrubbed from the highlights. Great work all round.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

big e is probably more happy to be back with his friends than to be booked like a singles paper champion who loses all the time so good for him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol it's going to be goldberg/roman at EC

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

goldberg just beat up shinsuke

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cool

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

lol it's going to be goldberg/roman at EC

Gotta get that blood money man

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

JUNGLE BOY posted:

knowing shinsuke he probably took it as some weird badge of honor, have a story to tell when he calls chono later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Will Goldberg get through a match without a botch this time?