Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

reading a reddit post asking "what did you think of the olympics openign ceremony" and like 75% of the comments are "gently caress the genocidal warmongers of the ccp" lmao this country is so pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

I would steal a panda from anybody I don't even give a gently caress about china.

They have a tendency to do handstands and piss up a tree.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

reading a reddit post asking "what did you think of the olympics openign ceremony" and like 75% of the comments are "gently caress the genocidal warmongers of the ccp" lmao this country is so pathetic

That's indistinguishable from the gbs thread.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They have a tendency to do handstands and piss up a tree.

I'm not stealing them for their brains

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

The British empire collapsed from a combination of two world wars and a global anticolonialist movement that made it impossible for them to keep the colonies. American empire will collapse because we've spent 20+ years boxing phantoms.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

lobster shirt posted:

That chinese tourist who said american cities have worse roads than his insignificant hometown village? Clearly brainwashed unlike americans with critical thought.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

pandas loving suck. they're dumb as bricks, extremely picky about mating, extremely aggressive and mean, and their bodies have evolved to eat literal garbage. Bamboo is poisonous and has almost no nutritional value so to make up for it pandas will eat bamboo for 17 straight hours

they're basically americans now that i think about it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
drat are pandas just chinese koalas

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wanna eat a panda.

Like I know it's often said by edgelord 'hur dur dem asians eat anything' people but no really I bet panda meat is tender as hell and not near as gamey as normal bear meat. I want to eat panda, and Senator Mace I have a radical idea to make both our dreams come true of both keeping pandas out of China AND allowing me to reach my goal...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

pandas loving suck. they're dumb as bricks, extremely picky about mating, extremely aggressive and mean, and their bodies have evolved to eat literal garbage. Bamboo is poisonous and has almost no nutritional value so to make up for it pandas will eat bamboo for 17 straight hours

they're basically americans now that i think about it

how many upvotes did this get? :smug:

sexpig by night posted:

I wanna eat a panda.

Like I know it's often said by edgelord 'hur dur dem asians eat anything' people but no really I bet panda meat is tender as hell and not near as gamey as normal bear meat. I want to eat panda, and Senator Mace I have a radical idea to make both our dreams come true of both keeping pandas out of China AND allowing me to reach my goal...

Regular bears have better meat because they have omnivorous diets. Bears are going around eating bugs, honey, fruits, berries, nuts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if I have to paint it as some culture war 'owning China' thing I will if it means getting some sweet sweet panda stew

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think pandas are cute and would like to see one in person

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fits my needs posted:

huh, the forgotten weapons guy is getting some swedish mercenary's memoirs from fighting for the azov batallion in ukraine from 2014-2015 published.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqmhae0jDk

ahahaha holy poo poo he had to cancel the book after 'the author's past' came up. guess u should figure out if someones a racist nazi before you publish their book.
the crowdfunding platform cancelled it cuz of terms of service.
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymu5S6zbIvc

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
im surprised right wing things happen in a right wing hobby

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

i feel genuinely sad for all the Asian countries who just managed to start getting their act together in the last couple decades now Americas gonna come back and do the Jakarta method all over again :smith:

also it rocks that america can’t spare a loving dime for its own people but always has money to harm others

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

watching the olympics opening ceremony and they had a political correspondent from bloomberg on who talked about china’s “provocative statement” to have a uyghur light the torch and how it is an example of “wolf warrior diplomacy”

learning a lot!!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I ate a dried grasshopper once and it mostly tasted of grass, so I assume pandas mostly taste of bamboo

https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1489678442283077633?t=8tVmbuk68-ETo8jSWpEN3A&s=19
https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1489667899551674368?t=M-U5xNlo8fSNAzUhAi_PQg&s=19

aocia

the bill is pretty amazing

https://www.speaker.gov/sites/speaker.house.gov/files/America%20COMPETES%20Act%20of%202022%20HR%204521.pdf

quote:

Supporting economic independence from the People’s Republic of China.
• Directs the President to develop a strategy utilizing Federal agencies and resources to counteract
Chinese assistance and financing to foreign governments. Authorizes the Secretary of State in
coordination with the USAID Administrator to establish a new initiative or continue an existing one as
the Infrastructure Transaction and Assistance Network to advance the development of sustainable,
transparent, and high-quality infrastructure and to help boost the capacity of partner countries to
evaluate contracts and assess the financial and environmental impacts of potential infrastructure
projects. Authorizes $375M for the Infrastructure Transaction and Assistance Network.
Report on importance of American financial strength for global leadership.
• Expresses the sense of Congress that the dominance of the dollar yields significant benefits, allowing the
U.S. to maintain economic independence, better control its monetary policy, and finance government
outlays. Requires the Secretary of State and Secretary of the Treasury to submit a report to the
appropriate committees that lists and examines benefits from U.S. global financial leadership to
American foreign policy and identifies steps the U.S. can take to preserve its status as the world’s
leading financial center.

quote:

Part 4 -- Africa
Assessment of Political, Economic, and Security Activity of the People’s Republic of China in Africa
• Requires the Secretary of State, in coordination with DNI, to submit a report to Congress that assesses
the nature and impact of Chinese political, economic, sociocultural, and security sector activity in Africa
and its impact on U.S. strategic interests.
Increasing the Competitiveness of the United States in Africa
• Requires the Secretary of State, in consultation with other top federal government officials to submit a
report to Congress setting forth a multi-year strategy for increasing U.S. economic competitiveness and promoting improvements in the investment climate in Africa, including through support for democratic
institutions, the rule of law and improved transparency.
Part 5 – Middle East and North Africa
Strategy to Counter Chinese Influence in, and Access to, the Middle East and North Africa
• Expresses the sense of Congress that the PRC is upgrading its influence in the region through energy and
infrastructure investments, technology transfer, and arms sales, and seeks to establish military or dual
use facilities in strategic locations. Also requires the Secretary of State to submit to Congress a strategy
for countering and limiting Chinese influence in, and access to, the Middle East and North Africa.

America knows it's dying but won't go gently into that good night

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

watching the olympics opening ceremony and they had a political correspondent from bloomberg on who talked about china’s “provocative statement” to have a uyghur light the torch and how it is an example of “wolf warrior diplomacy”

learning a lot!!

i think they mentioned the one child policy a little while ago too

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

learning a lot!!

what the fuvk is a wolf warrior and why are they all so scared of them

e: https://twitter.com/USProgressives/status/1489723084525428756?t=Jt1tej-Gs_r5UaBV0cgCuw&s=19

the bad cpc is at it again

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

XMNN posted:

America knows it's dying but won't go gently into that good night

The "I can't offer you any real benefits but please don't trade with china, pretty please" strategy didn't worked the last time because it was clearly the messaging that went wrong

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I hope the PRC just has the Chinese commentators from South Park on their feed of the Olympics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
do you have any non diary creamer?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
LOL america is going to have to spend 5.6 Billion dollars to replace and remove all of the Huawei's cellular infrastructure in the US.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/4/22918611/rip-and-replace-hauwei-zte-fcc-cell-network-securty

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i wonder how much of that 5.6 billion is a real cost and how much is just telco providers bilkign the government

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

lobster shirt posted:

i wonder how much of that 5.6 billion is a real cost and how much is just telco providers bilkign the government

They will milk the 5.6 billion AND paste stickers over the Huawei logos

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

learning a lot!!

uhhh wat?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Isn't wofl warrior just chinese bourne identity or some poo poo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

how did the fraud squad vote?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Isn't wofl warrior just chinese bourne identity or some poo poo

Part Bourne part Rambo. Literally, it's like if the Soviets referred to us in the 80s as doing "Rambo Diplomacy."

lmao. there's even a wiki entry for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_warrior_diplomacy

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Top City Homo posted:

how did the fraud squad vote?

https://twitter.com/USProgressives/status/1489724360453771274?t=k3bByIg-vxDLGE-hBNRIgA&s=19

there's a bunch of other bad CPC people mentioned in the other tweets but I don't think any of them are squad members

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

So apparently the definition of "wolf warrior diplomacy" is that China no longer makes excuses for itself and defends its interests instead of kowtowing to the West? How is this not like every other independent country?

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So apparently the definition of "wolf warrior diplomacy" is that China no longer makes excuses for itself and defends its interests instead of kowtowing to the West? How is this not like every other independent country?

You see they're not following decorum. Nevermind the vile rhetoric spewing out from American politicians about China.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

The best Wolf Warrior Diplomacy moment so far was when Zhao Lijian tweeted out that Chinese artists rendition of an Australian soldier killing an Afghan and they freeeeeaaaakkkked out.

I remember basically all of Western media in unison kept calling it a "fake image" as if they were reading from a script. Just pretending that they didn't understand it was artistic representation of an event that was not even in dispute (Australian soldiers slaughtering afghans for fun).

Google "fake image australia" and scroll down lol

DiscountDildos has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Feb 5, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DiscountDildos posted:

The best Wolf Warrior Diplomacy moment so far was when Zhao Lijian tweeted out that Chinese artists rendition of an Australian soldier killing an Afghan and they freeeeeaaaakkkked out.

I remember basically all of Western media in unison kept calling it a "fake image" as if they were reading from a script.

lol he didn't even dipped to the tier SS content of aus SAS minigunning fleeing civvies from a helicopter while calling them cowards

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Palladium posted:

lol he didn't even dipped to the tier SS content of aus SAS minigunning fleeing civvies from a helicopter while calling them cowards

The way the media reacted to that almost gave me a goddamn aneurysm. Just pointing at a political cartoon like "uhhhh that's not real!"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

CIA guys, please just use that money to overthrow the tyrant Justin Trudeau.

they're working on it.

remember how they funded a truckers strike to help bring down Allende

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

sexpig by night posted:

I wanna eat a panda.

death by bamvoo poisoning and gamey lard

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DiscountDildos posted:

The way the media reacted to that almost gave me a goddamn aneurysm. Just pointing at a political cartoon like "uhhhh that's not real!"

one of my irl friends argued “at least in australia it was made public. we don’t even know if the pla is doing the same thing right now”

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

belt and road: the way of the wolf warrior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

fits my needs posted:

ahahaha holy poo poo he had to cancel the book after 'the author's past' came up. guess u should figure out if someones a racist nazi before you publish their book.
the crowdfunding platform cancelled it cuz of terms of service.
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymu5S6zbIvc

Cancel Culture strikes again.