Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It feels like the party was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Republicans posted:

Do people in Britain really even care about Boris having a party or is this only something the cartoonists care about?

all the other terrible things he's done is stuff they've already argued was perfectly acceptable back when they wanted to keep him in office to get blamed for things, so now they have to pretend that this party is totally an unforgivable offense that made them all see the light and now he needs to clear way for [insert replacement tory bastard for the next X years]

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why are the stripes on the flag green?

Also, just 'what'?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Republicans posted:

Do people in Britain really even care about Boris having a party or is this only something the cartoonists care about?

The British press has never represented what the population care about.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Also, just 'what'?

Biden is worried about unregulatable firearms when he should be focused on real problems like the avenging spirits of kids who died in pointless wars.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

kirschen: 2022

admittedly I'm not especially knowledgeable on the orthodox jewish pantheon, but this isn't quite what I would have expected

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Also, just 'what'?

Playing at Bok Whisperer again:

"Ghosts aren't real you idiot. Also I don't know what a 'metaphor' is."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Infrastructure's bad because what if we repair too much???

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Republicans posted:

The party is the perfect scandal for the press to stick the knife in because its broadly apolitical and (so-far) none of Boris's possible replacements have been implicated.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Republicans posted:

There were a fair few personal stories when it first broke from people who missed things like funerals or seeing loved ones one last time in the hospital or missing the birth of their child because they followed the restrictions, and it is genuinely a slap in the face that he was yukking it up and getting hammered with his mates at the time.

It's far from the worst thing he's done, but unlike all the finance crimes and hate crimes and the absolute bungling of brexit at every turn, it can't be dismissed as "just politics."

The British press is a blight upon the earth and operates entirely on the financial interests of Rupert Murdoch, but this is a thing that pisses off even whatever you'd call a british centrist.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There were a fair few personal stories when it first broke from people who missed things like funerals or seeing loved ones one last time in the hospital or missing the birth of their child because they followed the restrictions, and it is genuinely a slap in the face that he was yukking it up and getting hammered with his mates at the time.

It's far from the worst thing he's done, but unlike all the finance crimes and hate crimes and the absolute bungling of brexit at every turn, it can't be dismissed as "just politics."

The British press is a blight upon the earth and operates entirely on the financial interests of Rupert Murdoch, but this is a thing that pisses off even whatever you'd call a british centrist.
As you say, it's also a breach of DECORUM. Ghoulish policies affecting brown people or trans people or the poor can be easily ignored by comfortable status quo centrists but to breach decorum this way, especially in the UK, that'll get their goat.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia may use defence forces to help COVID-hit aged-care sector (Reuters).

Rowe:

The tweets in the background are the leaks of private texts from cabinet ministers about how privately they think Scott Morrison is a horrible psycho liar.

Lethbridge:

Moir:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Aged Care Services Minister Richard Colbeck defends going to cricket instead of a COVID committee (ABC).

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

What is going on with that man's chin

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What is going on with that man's chin

Melting vinyl record or pancake with a blackspot, you decide!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Salvadore Kirschen's The Persistence of Snarkiness

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm blessed to forget that Kirschen exists whenever it's been more than two days since his cartoons are posted in this thread. I can only imagine what his Whoopie Goldberg will look like.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nomination: Worst Label?
I think?
Like the UN is represented by a grey delivery man, and there are two people inside a house, and the two people inside the house represent The Jews. You can tell because of the label.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

FOT

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Mike Lester

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Discendo Vox posted:

Quick formatting request, Raised by Birds: could you not include a carriage return when you quote the branco captions? I'm manually copying them into the kellies nomination interface, and that gets them translated across multiple cells (and it turns out there have been a lot of Branco nominations).

I could. When Branco uploads them to his own site they include a title and caption, I've been doing the bold and new line formatting to try and keep them distinct, but just bolding the title might work as well.

Tony Branco

quote:

Border Guard Weak leader Biden is more concerned with the Ukraine border than his own U.S. Border.

Is the separation still clear, d'you think?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Absolutely, and that will save my aching wrists a surprising amount of toil. I've already had 10 Branco nominations so far, so it all adds up. Thank you for being such a great comicsource!

Progress: I'm at about 100 nominations, but I also realized I'd forgotten to start from the end of the posts and work forward in time from January. Hitting a certain cartoon that got about 12 separate nominations was a good reminder (since the first nominator for a cartoon in a given category is the one that gets the credit).

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 5, 2022

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oh sweet a bunch of those houses have easily stolen guns

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
What year is this cartoon from? Is that supposed to be a Tesla?

Clay Jones was drawing Trump holding a green cup with a purple lid for a couple of years, and recently Branco's been drawing Biden with the same cup. Is that a common design? Or did Branco pick the colours from Jones' cartoons?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Conservatives are very concerned about violence in the Capitol, but only when it's metaphorical. A January 6th Cartoon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

It sure is a good thing that a gas powered car has never broken down and needed to be towed, or this cartoon would be really stupid!

fool of sound posted:

Oh sweet a bunch of those houses have easily stolen guns

Yeah exactly. I don't understand this right wing idea that burglars like breaking into houses when they know people are home. They might break into a house where someone is home and they didn't know it, but in general it's easier to burgle when you don't have to worry about being caught. So like you said, all those houses are doing is advertising "We have lots of guns you can steal!"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

His pants…

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah exactly. I don't understand this right wing idea that burglars like breaking into houses when they know people are home. They might break into a house where someone is home and they didn't know it, but in general it's easier to burgle when you don't have to worry about being caught. So like you said, all those houses are doing is advertising "We have lots of guns you can steal!"

It's not about what the burglars want it's about that tingly feeling they get when imagining shooting people.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

His pants…
Fingers crossed pants on the ground enters the pantheon of Branco Biden symbols.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

His pants…

He... Healthcare reform mess?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Why the little insert panel? I thought it was a guy on the TV at first. I hate it when he does this sort of "multi panel" comic. He could have done two linked speech bubbles here and the joke would have been fine.

Also I know this might just be a simple pun but I suspect Al is upset that the government is issuing commands at all? Does he not know what a government is?

In other news Henry gets to do a cool vroom vroom! :allears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Kellies nomination: worst label

Kellies nomination: worst position for a television

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1489632838077104131

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey colour blindness is real. We should be thanking Branco

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

(not my edit sadly just happened to have seen it)

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

Also, just 'what'?

I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be a blue lives matter cartoon.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

This made me try to go hunting up the "flying judges into the WTC" cartoon, and I can't find it.

Anyone got that one?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s sinking ship – Boris Johnson still has control of No 10 after a string of close aides quit their jobs this week, his official spokesman has insisted"

Telegraph:

Matt:

China opens Winter Olympics with peace doves and a mighty provocation

Independent:

After Ilya Repin.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Do we have a "most easily reinterpreted as fetish stuff" category? Maybe Ben has some competition here.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

You know I've been meaning to ask for a while, but what the gently caress is up with the way Clay Jones draws Trump? What's the giant pink think supposed to be? where's his face?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Neito posted:

You know I've been meaning to ask for a while, but what the gently caress is up with the way Clay Jones draws Trump? What's the giant pink think supposed to be? where's his face?

Clay draws Trump's mouth as a distended, prolapsed anus.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ZeeToo posted:

This made me try to go hunting up the "flying judges into the WTC" cartoon, and I can't find it.

Anyone got that one?
Found it the ancient Politoon threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I concede that this is a worse label than kirschen’s the Jews.