Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

bi crimes posted:

Pulled the 84 trial in trial roulette today. Last time I played it, I wiped for 90 minutes in a group, then in my next group, I put a marker on my character and told everyone to follow my lead. That was for EW and I haven’t done the fight in the month or two since. This time, no wipes and one shot easily with no marker lead on my head. Did people learn the trial, or is this due to me having recently transferred to a new data center? I left Crystal for Primal

The trial basically just requires 1 healer to live through the intermission mechanic to avoid a wipe (or a couple rezzers but the timing will be tighter). Groups with more than 2 or 3 new people total are very rare at this point so it's just a matter of not getting unlucky with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

bi crimes posted:

Pulled the 84 trial in trial roulette today. Last time I played it, I wiped for 90 minutes in a group, then in my next group, I put a marker on my character and told everyone to follow my lead. That was for EW and I haven’t done the fight in the month or two since. This time, no wipes and one shot easily with no marker lead on my head. Did people learn the trial, or is this due to me having recently transferred to a new data center? I left Crystal for Primal

People have probably learned the fight for the most part. Don't worry, if you come back to it in a year or so when people have had time to forget it it will be wipe city again.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

had surgery today and getting ready to actually play EW, starting tomorrow

and by play EW I mostly mean unlock & level sage

I've tried very hard to avoid spodles, so is it possible to unlock that without starting the EW MSQ?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thundarr posted:

In novice network last night, I described the effect as creating a PF with an aspirational description of what part of the fight you're on. They seemed to like that phrasing.
When I was PFing e8s, I noticed someone had up a PF for it with the [Duty Complete] requirement, description "Clear for one, then farm"... but they were the only person in it. The entire day while I was working on the fight, I'd check back and they still had it up, with no one taking the bait for several hours.

The next day I looked them up on fflogs out of curiosity and they had managed to get their clear that night.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

had surgery today and getting ready to actually play EW, starting tomorrow

and by play EW I mostly mean unlock & level sage

I've tried very hard to avoid spodles, so is it possible to unlock that without starting the EW MSQ?

yes

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sage unlock is full of spodles, sorry

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gasp

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:toot:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Enjoy your shiny new weapon!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Unlocked the last area of Eureka AND got first in a triple triad tournament. A blessed day

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

shadowbringers doesn't have a Heaven-on-High equivalent (yet), correct

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

closest thing you'll get is bozja

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well i never finished bozer part 2 so that helps at least

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ciaphas posted:

shadowbringers doesn't have a Heaven-on-High equivalent (yet), correct

Nope, it was a victim of COVID and/or the need for the big 5.3 rework of ARR. Hopefully we get one for EW, it's such a cool concept.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Enjoy your shiny new weapon!

we funneled the weapons to the dps :(

i'm not actually sad, idc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Theswweet/status/1489822171048267776

lets all play stella glow for the 3ds.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
...I may as well go put a post in the Let's Play request thread, why not.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

I think Kenji Sudo was also a primary raid boss designer pre-5.0. I don't know if he's still working on the game now, though.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Man that last part is sorta mean.

No weapon coffer, chest coffer, or mount but the non-coffer PLD weapons were miiiine :woop:

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 5, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/theswweet/status/1489886110754873344?s=21

That said, Stella Glow was good even if Ishikawa had nothing to do with it - from what I can tell she had already left by then. Be warned that it is very underbaked and somewhat of a less-good Ar Tonelico in terms of plot, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

https://twitter.com/theswweet/status/1489886110754873344?s=21

That said, Stella Glow was good even if Ishikawa had nothing to do with it - from what I can tell she had already left by then. Be warned that it is very underbaked and somewhat of a less-good Ar Tonelico in terms of plot, though.
drat.

on the other hand she did work on fate/extra ccc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dang this page just full of savage clears, glad to finally get through this tier

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Repost from the New Players' thread:

Onean posted:

JoCat, the creator behind the fun Crap Guides to Tanks, Healers and DPS videos just put out one on how it took 300 hours for him to like FFXIV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LM08VrEs6k

Specifically, he talks about how much he really hated the amount of reading and the boring quest design, and how it took him multiple attempts to actually get into the game and fall in love with it. It's a very different style than his Crap Guides, but if you're struggling with those issues too I'd recommend checking this video out. I'd say watch the whole 40 minutes, but he's got a timestamp for the last 10 minutes if you just want his suggestions on how to get into the game yourself.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Was going to ask this in the new players thread, but I think it’s better suited here.
How does Thancred work in Endwalker? Used to be, no Ryne, no full abilities.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Y'shtola or Urianger can fulfill that role.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The man called M posted:

Was going to ask this in the new players thread, but I think it’s better suited here.

anyone capable of manipulating aether can infuse the cartridges and iirc it was just that Ryne was really good at doing it on the fly from practice, you see at the end of 5.3 that Y'shtola is already producing ammo for him when they get their First duds on the Source

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm getting back into Dancer, and I have a couple questions:

1. Best materia for DNC? Direct Hit?
2. Any good opener/rotation guides for level 90 DNC?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm getting back into Dancer, and I have a couple questions:

1. Best materia for DNC? Direct Hit?
2. Any good opener/rotation guides for level 90 DNC?

Here's the opener:

Crit is what you mainly want, as with most jobs. The Balance recommends about an even level of Det and DH, with enough SKS to get to a 2.47 second GCD.

To be honest I'm not sure how much it throws me off the Ideal Rotation that my group starts with a 15 second countdown instead of a 16 second one. I just try to not let my Standard Step drift too much.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 5, 2022

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the balance always has this poo poo

meld priority is CH>Det>DH

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The man called M posted:

Mix. posted:

anyone capable of manipulating aether can infuse the cartridges and iirc it was just that Ryne was really good at doing it on the fly from practice, you see at the end of 5.3 that Y'shtola is already producing ammo for him when they get their First duds on the Source

Also someone itt said if you use him on a trust and don't have someone who can infuse them, he flat doesn't use the abilities that require them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Here's the opener:

Crit is what you mainly want, as with most jobs. The Balance recommends about an even level of Det and DH, with enough SKS to get to a 2.47 second GCD.

To be honest I'm not sure how much it throws me off the Ideal Rotation that my group starts with a 15 second countdown instead of a 16 second one. I just try to not let my Standard Step drift too much.

If you're in a static can't you just ask them to go 16s?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oog sage and its goofy ability names is gonna throw me for a long time

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I got thrown for a loop for the first couple of days of playing it, but you get used to them surprisingly quickly. Comparatively, I still couldn't tell you even a dozen SAM action names with a gun to my head.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/RAlDENTHRUST/status/1489974038969651201

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

If you play any other healers I find it's helpful to try to bind abilities to similar spots. For example, I have Scholar's Sacred Soil and Sage's Kerachole bound to the same key because they have very similar effects (10% mitigation + regen). I also have White Mage's Asylum bound there because it's a ground-targeted regen like Sacred Soil. I also have Tetragrammaton, Lustrate, Essential Dignity, and Druochole bound to the same key because they're all "standard oGCD single-target heal." Same for Indomitability and Ixochole, because they're both oGCD AoE heals, etc.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

dang this page just full of savage clears, glad to finally get through this tier

hey— wait a minute!!!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Vermain posted:

I got thrown for a loop for the first couple of days of playing it, but you get used to them surprisingly quickly. Comparatively, I still couldn't tell you even a dozen SAM action names with a gun to my head.

I have Sage at 90 and I usually do my roulettes with it and I still say "Phlegma Balls" in my head literally every time I cast it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

If you play any other healers I find it's helpful to try to bind abilities to similar spots. For example, I have Scholar's Sacred Soil and Sage's Kerachole bound to the same key because they have very similar effects (10% mitigation + regen). I also have White Mage's Asylum bound there because it's a ground-targeted regen like Sacred Soil. I also have Tetragrammaton, Lustrate, Essential Dignity, and Druochole bound to the same key because they're all "standard oGCD single-target heal." Same for Indomitability and Ixochole, because they're both oGCD AoE heals, etc.

That's exactly what I already do for DPS & tank jobs; but I play heals so rarely up to now that I don't have all that good a scheme in place on controller yet

Kazy posted:

I have Sage at 90 and I usually do my roulettes with it and I still say "Phlegma Balls" in my head literally every time I cast it.

it's a giant orb, they knew what they were doing :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kazy posted:

When you get synced below 26 do you say this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQfmlkxGb8&t=6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kazy posted:

I macro “How did he not know who Steve Jobs was?” to phlegma