Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well. persona 4 was riding on the heels of a whole history of other games about interacting with people and just kinda implementing very basic ideas of those games in but most people playing wouldn't really get that part considering how much of that gets translated

it's hosed up that it's 2022 and we are just now getting a translation of tokimeki memorial... for the super famicom, the version that looks ugly, sounds ugly and likes to phase out of existence sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah I edited in an asterisk clarifying that the dearth of friendship games was specifically about western console games, and that it was more common both on PC and in Japan

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if only brooktown high had gotten a wider release off of the psp, maybe it could have defined a whole legacy

is there anything that says more about brooktown high than the fact that it's, maybe the only dating sim on psp, that still doesn't emulate in any form

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Even when Persona 4 Golden came out there were a lot of people in the vita thread claiming it wasn't anime, which was incredibly funny. Especially because it was the vita thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

surf rock posted:

Have they watched any anime? They're the best media review podcast imo, so I agree

Want to bully Chris Cabin into watching Gundam because I know he'd have some fun takes on poo poo.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
persona 4 is not anime, but persona 4 the animation is anime. hope this helps

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
persona 4 contains anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

anime ontology

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Persona 4 is an amime-stylized videogame with in game anime cutscenes, that has a bunch of anime tropes and has multiple anime adaptations. Hope this helps!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the anime of it all

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Anime or me not

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

no I genuinely wanted more examples because I can't remember any other ones and I'd just be making people up if I gave any now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

if only brooktown high had gotten a wider release off of the psp, maybe it could have defined a whole legacy

is there anything that says more about brooktown high than the fact that it's, maybe the only dating sim on psp, that still doesn't emulate in any form

I can confirm it runs on the Vita at least lmao

Also Silverfall, the only other game I know of that ppsspp won't run

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Regardless of whether something wholly is or simply contains, people should just trust in their internal weeb radar more nowadays, because even if it's just tingling faintly you might reveal something enjoyable at its familiar anime-derived core.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Something being anime is good to me.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think anime is pretty good, myself. Going to watch some tonight after I'm off work probably.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The anime inside

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Something being anime is good to me.

this

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RareAcumen posted:

no I genuinely wanted more examples because I can't remember any other ones and I'd just be making people up if I gave any now

jojo's and bebop were the other big ones I remember

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
my favorite part of anime are the cute girls who kick butt

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched some anime this morning and I'm feeling twisted enough that I might watch some more this evening.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm catching up on seasonals

police in a pod really hitting a stride at the 3-ep test

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm watching the Tenacious D show tonight and i'd say it's probably 40% anime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ive angered pedophiles on twitter by concurring with the powerup comics guy how are you doing this evening

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tales of Woe posted:

anime ontology

i too would like an adaptation of sengoku rance

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
im watching onegai teacher and probably twins after for the funny taciturn/smug girl, years ago when anonatsu (aka onegai senpai) released i saw like 3 eps and dropped it but now im stronger

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

anonatsu has one of my favorite first episodes of a romcom but ends up just kinda going through the motions after that

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Stairmaster posted:

ive angered pedophiles on twitter by concurring with the powerup comics guy how are you doing this evening
sounds like a good racket, op

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm podpilled now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dogsicle is now a tv tuners superfan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/VileDemiurge/status/1490135441508610050?s=20&t=Ui6jbLQJq7VADMa1UISKgg

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Martin Scorsese's The Sex-Haver (1997)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

good luck against those vile trolls, gamer

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m not jealous of anyones swag

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

copium detected

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

I’m not jealous of anyones swag
thats absolutely what the swag jealous would say

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

I watched some anime this morning and I'm feeling twisted enough that I might watch some more this evening.

:cheerdoge:

what'd you watch

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
stair's reverse psychology plan to get prisma illya gifs tweeted at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Erg posted:

:cheerdoge:

what'd you watch

the 6th Urusei Yatsura movie since I've decided to rewatch them all. it's alright, easily the weakest of the movies by a mile though because the two movie original characters are dull and too much of the movie is about their banal love story!