Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is there a general rule of thumb for how long I should wait before breaking quarantine? I started feeling my symptoms on Monday the 24th, and nine days later (this past Wednesday) I felt normal again. I typically visit my dad on Sundays, but I took a PCR test on Friday and it still shows positive.

I was warned that PCR tests may continue to show positive for up to 90 days. Also, the CDC says to stay away from others for at least 14 days since symptoms started, this Sunday is day 13. I hate for my dad to have been alone for this long, but I'm thinking better safe than sorry.

Am I overthinking it? Or is it smarter to wait until I test negative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I thought it was 10 days since symptoms started. CDC has even said 5 days since symptoms started if they aren’t present anymore, but I think 5 days is a little too early.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I thought it was 10 days since symptoms started. CDC has even said 5 days since symptoms started if they aren’t present anymore, but I think 5 days is a little too early.

The CDC said five days because the Biden administration was getting heat from mega-corporate donors who are tired of letting employees work from home.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Timby posted:

The CDC said five days because the Biden administration was getting heat from mega-corporate donors who are tired of letting employees work from home.

This.

For the love of god don’t take the CDC at face value.

This is the same organization that told us to not wear good masks and then that if you were vaxxed you were free from all responsibilities.

If you popped positive then keep quarantined.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

With the next gen Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport around the corner I’m finding it really hard to resist the urge to go hunt down a PS5 or XSX and plonk it down on a credit card with a new wheel set up.

I'm not sure about PS5 availability but Gran Turismo 7 is going to also be on the PS4 (which is how I'm going to play it), which may not be the best graphics-wise but GT Sport - which GT7 is heavily based on - still looks very, very good on a 1080p TV and a base PS4.

I'm also not sure about Xbox Series X availability but the Xbox Series S is still a damned fine way to get access to the new games, and if you ever upgrade, it's a great second room streaming console/won't lose too much value to sell it on. Only issues are that it's 1440p instead of 4K, doesn't have a Blu-Ray drive (more for games than media) and the internal HDD is ~370 gb, which means shuffling game downloads. I have one, it runs Forza Horizon 5 incredibly well, and I managed to snag Forza 7 before it went off sale.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The results page has this paragraph, and on re-reading it perhaps the testing lab is making the 14 day recc, though they do put a CDC link on the end:

quote:

Please stay away from others for at least 14 days after your symptoms first appeared. It would be best to inform people that you had had close contact with since two days before developing symptoms. Close contact means being within 6 feet of someone for more than 15 minutes. Additional information can be found https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Nice. I get to start showers next week. I'm using the schluter kerdi system. Pretty much no brainier.

I want to redo my master bathroom but the scope of it is intimidating. I've looked at the Schluter stuff, but it seems like something from the future

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I watched too much Women’s Slopestyle last night

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Guess the Princess from Atlantis the Lost Empire is above God rank which is appropriate

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Who is the blonde in the far left in God Tier?

Also no go kart princess?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Giselle from Enchanted, I think?

Christ, I watched so many loving Disney movies when I was married and was often tasked with babysitting my then-niece.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

That would be Giselle from Enchanted, an absolutely amazing movie that NO one brings up when talking Disney.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Missing the princess from the Sanc Kingdom, Relena Peacecraft.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Slander and calamity.

Mulan is God tier for sure and Pocahontas is at least two ranks too low.

Straight up racist rear end rankings in that image.

achillesforever6 posted:

Guess the Princess from Atlantis the Lost Empire is above God rank which is appropriate

:patriot:

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 6, 2022

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

The gently caress! Get this animoo poo poo outta our disney princess chat!

a neat cape posted:

That would be Giselle from Enchanted, an absolutely amazing movie that NO one brings up when talking Disney.

I never saw it, the trailer made it look absolutely terrible and non of my nephews cared to see it. Tangled on the other hand they were all about.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 6, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

Copying from the Louisiana thread:

We tried an Ambrosia king cake and one from Calandro's in the last week, and while they're still really good, the one we shared earlier from Mikey's (the fried one) is still better.

They look surprisingly bready, like someone filled a bagel with frosting. I guess mentally I was expecting something fairly airy. The one with whipped cream and bananas looks pretty good to me though, but I generally like fruity desserts.

I think the last animated Disney movie I recall watching pre-kids was The Lion King, at which point I aged out of Disney. Now that my kids are getting old enough I am starting to see them all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

Whatever happened to Patrick Dempsey anyway

Did Made of Honor kill his career, because my wife loves that movie and I cannot stand it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Whatever happened to Patrick Dempsey anyway

Did Made of Honor kill his career, because my wife loves that movie and I cannot stand it.

I’m pretty sure Patrick Dempsey quit acting to pursue racing cars full time which is pretty rad, he has a pretty well established team!

E: is there anything more annoying than waking up all tangled in your fitted sheet? Stay on my bed you fucker :argh:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

*Rips up this post and throws the scraps into the wind*

I'll kill you

god, Gundam Wing was batshit. It must hold up terribly

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I cannot loving beat Hades. I’m pretty regularly slaying The Champions but Styx strips me of health and my death defiances.

I got Hades down to near death and he loving roared back with full health immediately and I actually yelled WHAT THE gently caress at my TV.

Such a dick move to steal hope that way. :negative:

I’ll get him though. That bastard.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

*Rips up this post and throws the scraps into the wind*

I'll kill you

It’s insane and crazy but it’s still enjoyable and entertaining. Also the soundtrack still kicks rear end.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LeeMajors posted:

I cannot loving beat Hades. I’m pretty regularly slaying The Champions but Styx strips me of health and my death defiances.

I got Hades down to near death and he loving roared back with full health immediately and I actually yelled WHAT THE gently caress at my TV.

Such a dick move to steal hope that way. :negative:

I’ll get him though. That bastard.

You're getting close! If you're having trouble in Styx try making a build around Poseidon's dash. Combine a few buffs with it and it'll clear out those little rooms in a hurry.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

shirts and skins posted:

Even as a kid I thought it was garbage. Just emotionless unlikeable characters with a layer of Shamalanian “what a twist!” over and over.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

shirts and skins posted:

You're getting close! If you're having trouble in Styx try making a build around Poseidon's dash. Combine a few buffs with it and it'll clear out those little rooms in a hurry.

I’ve had success the past few times with lightning boons on the cast and special with Daedalus hammer increased strike on projectile attacks clearing out the rats. The big rats are so hardy and poison me so quickly I end up bleeding life though.

I’ll get there. I’ve gotten to hades like 4 of my last 5 runs. It’s bullshit they lead us on with the health bar :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I got out of bed early to beat the car wash lines since it’s going to heat up to around 40 today, and decided to check out this fancy new super duper car wash that just opened around the corner. Spent $20 on the fanciest car wash to get all of the caked on salt and grime off and get whatever fancy coatings slathered on and then I turned the corner into the inescapable single file line of cars to find out I didn’t see that it wasn’t touch free. As someone who professionally detailed cars for a living for over five years in a past life, sitting there in my car being pulled down the line and feeing it rock back and forth from getting the poo poo beat out of it by dirty filthy floppy noodles was five minutes of pure cringe :(

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Ariel as God Tier, gtfo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fortunately I expected the final boss fight leading into a 2nd final boss fight so I was able to keep cool head when Hades pulled that poo poo. Old man still beat my rear end the first few times.

Have to second the Poseidon boons for Styx. They're a godsend (heh) before you get the vibe of that level encoded in your muscle memory.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

I’m pretty sure Patrick Dempsey quit acting to pursue racing cars full time which is pretty rad, he has a pretty well established team!

E: is there anything more annoying than waking up all tangled in your fitted sheet? Stay on my bed you fucker :argh:

He did a full season as a driver, now is a name/part owner of a team in the World Endurance Championship (the championship what rotated around Le Mans) and a Porsche ambassador along with doing more acting because why turn down the money.

Michael Fassbender is also making a run at being in Le Mans soon.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

Wait what the gently caress lol, that rules. Good for him.

shirts and skins posted:

I really want to go back to it, goons seem pretty evenly divided on whether or not it's any good. Have to imagine that the overarching message of "drone warfare is bad" hits different in 2022.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Ariel as God Tier, gtfo

Yeah she kinda sucks.

It’s like really just Moana at the top.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah she kinda sucks.

It’s like really just Moana at the top.

Yes, but Moana will tell you she's not a princess.

Tiana belongs higher on the list. She's awesome. And Elsa is on the list but where's Anna?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Tiana belongs higher on the list. She's awesome. And Elsa is on the list but where's Anna?

On the same tier as Elsa.

I fully admit that Ariel is only up there for personal reasons

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ariel needs to be moved down wtf

Move Merida up or someone is gonna get shanked by Merida

Braksgirl posted:

Agree. Anna is in the same row as Elsa, second spot

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking from the experience as a real life Disney Prince however, there can only be one

I dont think I've ever shared that lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Honestly I should have taken off Elsa and Anna since neither one of them is a princess

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking from the experience as a real life Disney Prince however, there can only be one

I dont think I've ever shared that lol

I like your dress :3:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Honestly I should have taken off Elsa and Anna since neither one of them is a princess

How are they not? Their parents were King and Queen of Arendale

But if you did you'd also have to take Mulan, Moana and Pocahontas off too

Freaquency posted:

I like your dress :3:

Thanks it has pockets :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

How are they not? Their parents were King and Queen of Arendale

But if you did you'd also have to take Mulan, Moana and Pocahontas off too

Thanks it has pockets :v:

Anna is a Queen and Elsa is a former Queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Anna is a Queen and Elsa is a former Queen

Are we counting live action stuff too? Jasmine becomes Sultan at the end of the live action Aladdin.

Does Snow White become queen after offing the Evil Queen and marrying the Prince?

e: reading about all this made me realize Hercules and Ariel are cousins

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 6, 2022