Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
am i correct to understand that your fetid bog island is still inhabited with cretinous inbred, throwaways of the vikings and ruled over by an ancient vampiric german family?

how is this still possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Top City Homo posted:

am i correct to understand that your fetid bog island is still inhabited with cretinous inbred, throwaways of the vikings and ruled over by an ancient vampiric german family?

With racism many things are possible.

Not good things, but things.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Top City Homo posted:

You tell us, you seem to be having lots of ‘ideas’ today

Just loving go for it, post exactly how you think this all came about

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Regarde Aduck posted:

You tell me, you seem to be having lots of ‘ideas’ today

It's not very British of them, having ideas, is it?

Not very British at all.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I think all people of all nations should start having less of them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Ideas are what got us global climate change

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Regarde Aduck posted:

Ideas are what got us global climate change

British ideas, no less!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

endlessmonotony posted:

British ideas, no less!

british ideas are satanic ideas

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Top City Homo posted:

british ideas are satanic ideas

Please, the goatman isn't THAT bad.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Regarde Aduck posted:

You tell us, you seem to be having lots of ‘ideas’ today

esoteric knowledge is within your grasp!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

CoolCab posted:

I swear food goes off quicker? I wonder if that's a supply chain thing, the amount of times I've gotten home with something for the fridge or a home delivery item and realized I had a day or two to eat it when I was expecting a week.

definitely brexit. you'll notice water boils a bit slower too

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had a home delivery from sainos with some fridge stuff already past expiry

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

platzapS posted:

definitely brexit. you'll notice water boils a bit slower too

12:05 PM greenwich mean time, the Europeans have vanished. Check for yourself if you don’t believe me. Where have they gone to? There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Boris Johnson. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WESTMINSTER, with red concentric circles. I’m uneasy, but what can we do? Sovereignty is reclaimed and if Boris were a European, he’d be just as gone as them. There’s no cause for alarm. Within months, Boris Johnson has declared a war on vague unease. It’s a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Europeans had left, but I don’t think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer’s eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world. Kettles don’t exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low for water to boil. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven’t changed, but the atmosphere.. One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Boris is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to knives. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven. Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It’s a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Boris strides across the landscape, taller than the Shard. We’ve given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and knives no longer stab. I’m starting to wish the Europeans were back. We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they’re European Court of Justice buildings. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. “Look at how they wield their knives,” writes a man. “I always said he’d take our knives away.” They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife! It’s long been clear that Boris brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can’t bring myself to blame him for it. He’s reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Boris does not carry us, we can climb…

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/Tony_Robinson/status/1206521048935682049?t=or_pRhOm04y7vRKIlumaAQ&s=19

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tweet is 2 years old and hasn't been ratioed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Abolish the BBC

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1490657787847880705?t=lVKPolz0VhD60EItGVBxoA&s=19

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

loving hell. When i started working I earned less than that a year lmao.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'll present it for half that.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

was she any good? was she worth the 15 grand?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Grape posted:

The South China Sea bullshit is the most flagrantly dumb imperialist stuff China does so that's a pretty lousy comeback, c'mon man this is the Brits here. Shooting fish in a barrel in terms of trolling.

Yeah, and out of all the things to criticize the UK for, their claim on an island that's been in their posession for 200 years, which had no native population when they got there, and who's current population voted 99.8% in favor of the current arrangement, isn't one of them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sure is good the Labour right defeated that dastardly Corbyn

https://twitter.com/RivkahBrown/status/1490663521822072836?t=jU9G5mU2bf20b_67-6XlHA&s=19

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/07/boris-johnson-not-a-complete-clown-says-guto-harri-new-press-chief

quote:

Boris Johnson is “not a complete clown”, his new communications director has said, as he revealed that the prime minister initiated a defiant rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s I Will Survive when the pair met last week.

So, just part clown then?

Not being clownish at all should be a fairly basic requirement for any PM imo. But even that is a step too far apparently.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol good thing both parties only represent landlords again

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1490632833592877061?s=20&t=QD9E7ocuVxY2Hw7Pdz4i2w
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1490632843080384515?s=20&t=QD9E7ocuVxY2Hw7Pdz4i2w

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1490687906868039681

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/sensiblehuman96/status/1490695260053377030

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Philonius posted:

Yeah, and out of all the things to criticize the UK for, their claim on an island that's been in their posession for 200 years, which had no native population when they got there, and who's current population voted 99.8% in favor of the current arrangement, isn't one of them.
yes, that's a very good argument but here's my rebuttal: gently caress the british

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

R. Mute posted:

yes, that's a very good argument but here's my rebuttal: gently caress the british

rude

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

ahh the Captain Tom Family Slush Fund

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bureaucracy but with a poppy on

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

kecske posted:

bureaucracy but with a poppy on

Hey now bureaucracy doesn't always imply nepotism and kickbacks.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Philonius posted:

don't the islands intrude into the argentinian eez

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A middleman but for charities. Great scam!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

aren't you welsh?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/SpiritofLenin/status/1490462347537920005

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

aren't you welsh?

yeah

Oh don't worry i think the English are dog cunts and so are the welsh and scottish, sink this lovely island to the bottom of the sea

but it's still rude when others say it

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

upsidedown posted:

12:05 PM greenwich mean time, the Europeans have vanished. Check for yourself if you don’t believe me. Where have they gone to? There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Boris Johnson. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WESTMINSTER, with red concentric circles. I’m uneasy, but what can we do? Sovereignty is reclaimed and if Boris were a European, he’d be just as gone as them. There’s no cause for alarm. Within months, Boris Johnson has declared a war on vague unease. It’s a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Europeans had left, but I don’t think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer’s eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world. Kettles don’t exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low for water to boil. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven’t changed, but the atmosphere.. One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Boris is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to knives. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven. Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It’s a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Boris strides across the landscape, taller than the Shard. We’ve given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and knives no longer stab. I’m starting to wish the Europeans were back. We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they’re European Court of Justice buildings. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. “Look at how they wield their knives,” writes a man. “I always said he’d take our knives away.” They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife! It’s long been clear that Boris brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can’t bring myself to blame him for it. He’s reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Boris does not carry us, we can climb…

:eyepop:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Philonius posted:

idk I was listening to a radio war nerd episode about the South China sea where they discussed how all these left over colonial remnants are why the sea belongs to colonial powers, e.g. France has the largest EEZ in the world

China's is like 7 or 8 times smaller than the UK's

like the Falklands is one of the less egregious examples because people do actually live there, but tbh if a few thousand queen worshipping weirdos get their self determination trampled on as part of some grand rebalancing of global power it would be a fair trade

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I welcome the comments made by the protesters but would encourage them to go further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

it dont matter posted:

So, just part clown then?

"The Prime Minister is no more than 82 or 83% clown, tops.

...Maybe 85."