Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

He will slither into a "consultancy" job for some Right Wing think tank/fringe group.

Dunno if it's more lucrative than working for Rupert, but at least he doesn't have to pretend to be even slightly impartial anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZlrv05A_bH/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZnATRoBrY3/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is basically a straight up Qanon thing. A guy called Guru is one of the main organisers, and he’s been talking about DUMBs (tunnels) for over a year. He got “insider information” from American Sources like infowars’ Dean Ryan, then he started appearing on live streams with Romeo and Bosi, who are backed by Joel Jamal and turning point. Then he hooked up with Ryan Harder and Jim Greer (who was caught with the loaded gun)… and now here we are.

E - sean stone and Sacha stone are in the mix too

thank you for your DUMB post

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
the only bad thing about uhlmann quitting is he may have more time to write his godawful novels

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

He will slither into a "consultancy" job for some Right Wing think tank/fringe group.

Dunno if it's more lucrative than working for Rupert, but at least he doesn't have to pretend to be even slightly impartial anymore

hes gonna host a podcast with christensen

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

hes gonna host a pedocast with christensen

fixed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lih posted:

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1490469133275697154

uhlmann is also apparently quitting nine. maybe he thinks there's too much tolerance for cultural marxism there who knows. news corp recently upgraded their paywall defenses so i can't see what he's actually complaining about
wish he'd quit being in Australia

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

thank you for your DUMB post

Not sure how facetious you're being but if you think any of that is false then by all means make a case

Here's old mate Guru for example: https://www.facebook.com/gurudownunder/videos/1005281079997614

This guy has done a lot of good work looking into it all, this video needs to be a lot tighter but there's a lot of the evidence and information in there if anyone's interested:

https://fb.watch/b0ngqE9BbH/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

yoooooooooooooooo lmfao. could easily believe this happend also that it will never be mentioned in any actual news

https://twitter.com/elisethoma5/status/1490444872276660225

"Step 1. Only have old white people at your protest"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/deadtheorist/status/1490499105734676480

a licence to post? *scoff*

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
If I had to get a license to use a pen I don't see why kids today can't get a license to use The Internet.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
wish they'd make a licence to be a bloody politician hahahah wheeze

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm too old to have earned a pen licence. I can't write for poo poo these days anyway.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

license to shitpost

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the same people against teaching children body autonomy turned out to be against teaching kids to be safe on the internet for reasons im sure i couldnt guess

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

adeadcrab posted:

license to shitpost

auspol closes in a day

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Its called the "Child protection curriculum" and is embedded R-10 across learning areas. Online safety is part of it.

https://www.education.sa.gov.au/sch...ation-educators

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another christian school is making stand on those filthy homosexual and transgender students. Hilariously it looks like all these schools jumping the gun before the religious discrimination bill going into law may be a good thing as its forcing changes into it hahahah.

quote:

The school says the document “covers our present needs as to these fundamental doctrines,” before detailing its understanding of “fallen relationships”.

“Adultery, same sex attraction, transgender identity, premarital sex, sexual acts between members of the same sex and abusive relationships, are all examples of relationships and behaviours which are not acceptable to God.

--
Deal declined to answer the Guardian’s questions, instead reiterating that the document had been taken “out of context”.

--
...the government would work to amend the religious freedom bill to explicitly prevent students being expelled for their sexuality or gender.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

My god, he's an evil genius and I love it

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for January:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Albo based

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Tassie is the best, yet again

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
patheticRATS

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Tanks without track, spicy war kids

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Mps kid allowance :tinfoil:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/theage/status/1490577676914118656

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

There’s been quite a bit around today about the much-hyped federal anti-corruption commission.

This morning attorney general Michaelia Cash indicated in an interview with the Australian Financial Review, that the government would not have enough time to fulfil its election pledge before the coming federal election.

comedy.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

to be fair its likely he doesn't even remember crashing his car

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
rats, ventilated

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SuddenCactus posted:

rats, ventilated

gently caress, if only.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for January:

RAIL
TANKS

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for January:

i'll fight newcastle

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

norp posted:

RAIL
TANKS

Australia to expand rail infrastructure but only to build a Paris Gun to stop the boats when they're still 130km out at sea

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.
It does seem like Morrison's replacement is inevitable, but it also seems to me that they're holding off on it for as long as possible. Their message in the election will implicitly be 'hey, the old PM kinda sucked,' followed by their explicit message of 'take a chance on the new PM.' Voters will have so little time with the new PM that there's no expectation for how they will govern, and can therefore project their hopes and dreams onto what is as close to a blank slate as their candidates can get. Of course, one could infer from whichever candidate they choose how they might govern, but I get the feeling that they're going to wait until the last moment to run with the message of putting the past behind them and moving forward to a brighter, vaguer future.

Given how oddly tolerant the Australian voters seem to be with Liberal fuckups, it might work!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Sierra Madre posted:

It does seem like Morrison's replacement is inevitable, but it also seems to me that they're holding off on it for as long as possible. Their message in the election will implicitly be 'hey, the old PM kinda sucked,' followed by their explicit message of 'take a chance on the new PM.' Voters will have so little time with the new PM that there's no expectation for how they will govern, and can therefore project their hopes and dreams onto what is as close to a blank slate as their candidates can get. Of course, one could infer from whichever candidate they choose how they might govern, but I get the feeling that they're going to wait until the last moment to run with the message of putting the past behind them and moving forward to a brighter, vaguer future.

Given how oddly tolerant the Australian voters seem to be with Liberal fuckups, it might work!

Yeah, if they can focus voter anger on ScoMo, then dump him for someone more palatable pre election. The LNP can very easily say "Look, that guy you hated is gone! And what're you gonna do, vote Labor? Don't be stupid. Vote for us again."

And, as you say, given Australia's tolerance for Liberal fuckups, it could indeed work.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

When is the government going to mail free home tanks to suffering rail kids?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
government has announced their amendments on the religious discrimination bill will prevent gay kids at religious schools being expelled but NOT trans kids

lmao

this is actually good because makes it way less likely labor will triangulate themselves into co-operating and the lib moderates will also likely stay mad

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

lih posted:

government has announced their amendments on the religious discrimination bill will prevent gay kids at religious schools being expelled but NOT trans kids

lmao

this is actually good because makes it way less likely labor will triangulate themselves into co-operating and the lib moderates will also likely stay mad

From an LNP perspective, this seems like the worst possible thing to do.

Everybody stays mad. The religious fundies are mad they can't expel LGB kids. Decent people are mad that they can still expel Trans kids.

Its a bullshit compromise that is more work than just fighting to keep the draconian legislation as is. And all that work accomplished is that you look weak for compromising/backing down, AND you look like fundie bigots for hating on innocent Trans kids.

I know ScoMo is a hardcore fundie, so this is one of his personal bugbears, (see also the stupid amount of money he spent trying(?) to get rid of unisex toilets in parliament), but even so this is a huge political misstep.

Coz from your fascist to your hippie, all sides can point at it and yell that it is bad legislation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

From an LNP perspective, this seems like the worst possible thing to do.

Everybody stays mad. The religious fundies are mad they can't expel LGB kids. Decent people are mad that they can still expel Trans kids.

Its a bullshit compromise that is more work than just fighting to keep the draconian legislation as is. And all that work accomplished is that you look weak for compromising/backing down, AND you look like fundie bigots for hating on innocent Trans kids.

I know ScoMo is a hardcore fundie, so this is one of his personal bugbears, (see also the stupid amount of money he spent trying(?) to get rid of unisex toilets in parliament), but even so this is a huge political misstep.

Coz from your fascist to your hippie, all sides can point at it and yell that it is bad legislation.

bell jar posted:

They want to lose government, the ALP just couldn't win an election if it was handed to them (see 2019)