Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ghosthotel posted:

beat the demi-fiend on ng+. really loved the game, although I think nocturne is still my fav of the series.

been playing the shiva boss fight song on repeat though its so loving rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztv537rWTo

it's such a weird track compared to other boss fights, it's awesome lol. Shiva finally getting his endgame moment ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was getting fairly lost even after finding another boss fight bc I'm still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to be going, and good lord I feel bad for 80s gamers. The requirements to actually finish this game are totally obtuse and completely miserable to actually uncover on your own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the walkthrough tips have some classically funny gamer sentences

Talking to this person is a key event which now allows you to get a critical item from the Bottomless Holy Pot. Return to the Hellfire area after having talked to this friendly character and visit the Bottomless Holy Pot. You will reach into it and retrieve the White Dragon Gem (assuming you already have Rick's Bracelet). This gem is necessary for defeating Lucifer.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

the walkthrough tips have some classically funny gamer sentences

Talking to this person is a key event which now allows you to get a critical item from the Bottomless Holy Pot. Return to the Hellfire area after having talked to this friendly character and visit the Bottomless Holy Pot. You will reach into it and retrieve the White Dragon Gem (assuming you already have Rick's Bracelet). This gem is necessary for defeating Lucifer.

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRdDohwEPko

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

just beat shiva on hard. what a fight. constantly on my back foot but yoshitsune and idun pulled through. the revolving door of 4th chair went from odin to amon to cleopatra.

i'm not sure demifiend will be doable until ng+ though lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(he was harder in DDS)

This was one of the most absurd boss fights of all time. Back in high school, my friend had five pages of notebook paper with notes and strategies he worked out while trying it over and over again.

Also, you weren’t playing about status effects. I fused a Vasuki and gave him a bunch of ailment essences just to play around and see what happened, and he’s consistently either poisoning and debuffing or confusing. It absolutely wrecks single targets. I need to put Makajamaon on there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I just picked up SMTV; what are some things I should know before I start?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leraika posted:

you move the character by using the control stick and the camera by using the right stick. if you run into an enemy, combat will ensue. try to reduce their hit points, or HP to zero before your HP falls to zero yourself. if the worst should happen, try not to get discouraged! it happens to everyone

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leraika posted:

It's awesome, play it and have fun

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Fungah! posted:

you move the character by using the control stick and the camera by using the right stick. if you run into an enemy, combat will ensue. try to reduce their hit points, or HP to zero before your HP falls to zero yourself. if the worst should happen, try not to get discouraged! it happens to everyone

sourdough posted:

It's awesome, play it and have fun

thank you friends

Can I get away with doing magic/luck forever for my main character like I usually do or is phys actually cool and good this game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leraika posted:

not much, generally tho you don't want to split your attack stat so once you figure out which role you like boost that one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Beat it with the neutral ending…kinda boring ending. I’m already looking forward to a NG+ playthrough!

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

The fight against the Chaos representative has a cool presentation and music to go with it but even on hard mode it's too easy for where it is in the story. It needed way more hp and press turns than they gave it. Honestly in general most bosses needed more press turns, it's hard to think of many bosses that had more than 2 turns to work with unless they had minions

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Leraika posted:

magic builds are doable because just about everything has an elemental weakness now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

magic builds are doable because just about everything has an elemental weakness now

There are also strength based elemental and almighty skills, so pretty much everything is viable

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

sourdough posted:

There are also strength based elemental and almighty skills, so pretty much everything is viable

Oh, that's really cool! Elemental physical skills are something I'd been hoping they'd add for a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat Megami Tensei 1. it was neat to visit the origin point of an absolutely godly series but man. it stinks. i went in trying to see how long I could wrestle with the original design and gave up after finishing the first dungeon. its an ambitious game but all the individual pieces just dont work well...the exploration sucks bc every floor of every dungeon is a monotone series of walls, invisible traps and one way doors with 0 direction. the combat sucks bc you have basically no choices to make. you have a lot of spells but most of them are worse than just doing Attack, so you just save MP for healing. you cannot cure status effects until 2/3rds of the way through the game, and i unlocked a revive spell one hour before the final boss, so if a character or demon dies or gets poisoned, the only place to cure it is in the first room of the game lol. agonizing if i didnt frequently use save states. i wound up having to grind a fuckload for the basic gear progression from shops, probbaly bc i used a map and cut down on my aimless wandering by like 1/10th of the intended amount. theres demon recruitment and fusion from the very first game which is cool, but the demons dont level up or anything and its very restricted. but that part of the game is neat, was fun tohave my pals Anubis and Odin fighting Lucifer in 1985 NES graphics. i wonder if the pc version of this was a lot better, im sure they had to cut a bunch of stuff to make it work on a NES. at the very least i hope theres more screen real estate to show more than 3 squares of the map.

only place to go from here is up, looking forward to playing MegaTen II next. hoping the couple of years between 1 and 2 plus being a NES game from the beginning of development makes for a better experience.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MegaTen II doesn't have a gameFAQ :dogstare:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

only place to go from here is up, looking forward to playing MegaTen II next. hoping the couple of years between 1 and 2 plus being a NES game from the beginning of development makes for a better experience.

megami tensei 2 is so much better than 1. the kyuuyaku remake of 2 is even better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mbt posted:

megami tensei 2 is so much better than 1. the kyuuyaku remake of 2 is even better.

ive enjoyed the first 5 minutes of 2 already more than any part of 1 lol. cool. not sure if its the emulator or the fanpatch but theres already been some junk lines in the demon negotiations, hopefully that doesnt become a consistent problem.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Me, beating the first boss: hahaha this smt game is easy
Me, dying to the side quest miniboss directly after without saving in between: oh right I'm an idiot

Great game 10/10 I really like the angel redesign

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/PatsArt4/status/1485713640846073857

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

hell fuckin yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011