Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33238563/police-report-video-evidence-supports-allegations-new-orleans-saints-rb-alvin-kamara

quote:

The man, who was knocked unconscious, suffered an orbital fracture to his right eye among other injuries, according to the police report.
According to the video surveillance, the man was speaking to a woman before the events occurred as he described. After Kamara pushed the man, one of Kamara's associates punched him in the face. Then Kamara lunged toward the man and punched him approximately eight times -- including three times after he had fallen to the ground.

Three others from Kamara's group then began stomping the man in the face, chest and legs. One of Kamara's associates stomped him approximately 16 times, according to the police report.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kyler to Cleveland would be a huge upgrade. Recency bias has broken your brain if one bad (really very truly bad) playoff game prevents you from seeing that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did he died?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

"Kamara told police that he was with his girlfriend, his assistant and a couple of friends. Kamara said the man called one of his friends ugly while they were waiting for the elevator and then later said, "I'll whoop your rear end too." "

stay classy, Kamara

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I think if I was a mega rich sports dude, I'd aim for a posse of peaceable fat guys. Just meatshields everywhere. They should also find humor in the little things.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Kyler to Cleveland would be a huge upgrade. Recency bias has broken your brain if one bad (really very truly bad) playoff game prevents you from seeing that.

He looked like an All Pro during their win streak to start the season but dropped off hard after some wear and tear. His biggest knock has always been his ability to process a field when the first read doesn't work out and he was looking way, way better at that to start the year. Then he got an ankle sprain and looked okay to bad, certainly not someone that you would fight over but would still be a starter in the league none the less. The fear is that with continued leg injuries he will just get worse and worse.

The Rams pretty much had his number both in the playoffs and regular season after the injury. Contain, don't lunge for sacks, make him make decisions. Resulted in a poo poo ton of checkdowns, INTs, hurries, and sacks. I think he has the arm, somehow, to be in the league, but he absolutely relies on moving defenses. If he can't do that he's not someone that's going to be a significant upgrade over guys like Baker, who's having his own problems with labrum tears that will probably sink his career to backup/substandard starter.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Similar to Lamar, I just don't see the minor ankle injury being a long term problem at this stage of Kyler's career. Accumulating injuries seems like way more of an issue come those third contracts.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I wonder how many NFC dudes were a bit choked he dork danced them outta 40 grand.

It was basically a WWE event to put over Maxx Crosby with the hometown crowd.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 7, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

He looked like an All Pro during their win streak to start the season but dropped off hard after some wear and tear. His biggest knock has always been his ability to process a field when the first read doesn't work out and he was looking way, way better at that to start the year. Then he got an ankle sprain and looked okay to bad, certainly not someone that you would fight over but would still be a starter in the league none the less. The fear is that with continued leg injuries he will just get worse and worse.

The Rams pretty much had his number both in the playoffs and regular season after the injury. Contain, don't lunge for sacks, make him make decisions. Resulted in a poo poo ton of checkdowns, INTs, hurries, and sacks. I think he has the arm, somehow, to be in the league, but he absolutely relies on moving defenses. If he can't do that he's not someone that's going to be a significant upgrade over guys like Baker, who's having his own problems with labrum tears that will probably sink his career to backup/substandard starter.

It's kind of been a hallmark of both Kliff and Kyler to be downhill skiers, they're good starting out and Kyler play well with a lead but I don't know if either have had much success overcoming some adversity or coming back from a deficit in the fourth - as a casual observer I haven't seen it. They're probably not the pairing you'd pick to engineer a drive in a 2 minute drill with a gun to your head. They produce great numbers but they don't really produce the great results. I think losing Hopkins really destroyed that offense since the Ghost of AJ Green just isn't a primary anymore but when the wheels start to wobble they really fall off quickly and I don't know who's at fault but it seems like both of their careers rest on fixing it.

I don't put much stock in instagram follows and I doubt Kingsbury would be pushing to move Murray on before he enters his fourth year. I think any franchise would be a little silly to jettison a player of Murray or for that matter Cousin's ability this season when the QB options in FA and the draft are so dire. I wouldn't be surprised if next year the QB carousel is more entertaining but I can't see anyone available - even with whispers of players being disgruntled that would fix the issues.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Play posted:

Nobody understands. There is a lack of agreement on how hard or soft they should play. Or whether they should play at all, really.

None of them want to look like tryhards in a meaningless game or, god forbid, hurt themselves or others. Totally understandable but also makes it a strange experience. I haven't actually watched one for years now because it's so weird to watch.

I remember when the NFL thought Sean Taylor blowing up a kicker was the greatest thing ever.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

live with fruit posted:

I remember when the NFL thought Sean Taylor blowing up a kicker was the greatest thing ever.
Guilty..

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1490811993258749952?t=JgaPEbXTJjLGuGp8TB_ewQ&s=19

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Finally, the era of pooch punts only is upon us.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1490813346009862144?s=20&t=X1K6rr93ApRBT9H7Hb17hg

Jarvis come to the Rams

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always assumed special teams injuries were so common not just because you've got big dudes flying into each other but because so many of them don't rotate in that often on offense or defense and probably aren't properly warmed up for putting in 100% effort on a moments notice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--those guys are always so excited to run through the end zone covering an obvious touchback, they never slow down and I always think it's :3:

I don't know what you do to make special teams safer while keeping special teams around. Whatever happens you're going to have guys in a broken field running 50 or so yards as fast as they can to hit someone. And have the returning team's blockers lighting people up who are trying to do that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I thought kickoff injuries were down like 90% since they banned the wedge return

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

I always assumed special teams injuries were so common not just because you've got big dudes flying into each other but because so many of them don't rotate in that often on offense or defense and probably aren't properly warmed up for putting in 100% effort on a moments notice.

I think that's a big part of it, especially with the fact that they JUST changed rules recently to where you can't just run full speed into people and also can't combo block.

If it was just big hits causing injuries then the punt returners would get injured the most often by far but I don't think that's actually the case.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

^^--those guys are always so excited to run through the end zone covering an obvious touchback, they never slow down and I always think it's :3:

I don't know what you do to make special teams safer while keeping special teams around. Whatever happens you're going to have guys in a broken field running 50 or so yards as fast as they can to hit someone. And have the returning team's blockers lighting people up who are trying to do that.

What was the league where players couldn't move until the ball was caught. Because that looked fun as hell.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

takes a long time to do the super bowl.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gently caress Kamara

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gave more effort for that than he did for Ian Book

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You can't do this stuff on camera Alvin, have you learned nothing?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also I've watched enough mafia movies to know you walk away and let your crew handle it so you have plausible deniability

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News: I'll be up in Olympia, WA during the Super Bowl so I won't be able to watch the game.

Views: Somebody eat a big plate of chicken wings in my steed. :negative:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why get rid of our bad QB for a bad QB? We can just draft our next bad QB. Analytics.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1490825417569148933?t=s4rCRQWBbzynXKxZUkNsfw&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is that all the openings now filled?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

News: I'll be up in Olympia, WA during the Super Bowl so I won't be able to watch the game.

Views: Somebody eat a big plate of chicken wings in my steed. :negative:

You know they have TV there too, right?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

sharknado slashfic posted:

You can't do this stuff on camera Alvin, have you learned nothing?

Kamara's crew need to be more attentive of making sure that he doesn't participate in their dipshittery.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

They signed Freeman and threw him into the game the same week. I mean that didn't go well for Carson Palmer who was actually an ok to good QB.

Not disagreeing with you here, just laughing that anyone thought that was going to work out any other way than it did.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Solid username/gif combo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Lifespan posted:

You know they have TV there too, right?

That's assuming I'll be indoors or have reliable internet at any point of the day.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Is that all the openings now filled?

Should be, yes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BlindSite posted:

AJ Dillon was plenty warmed up when a flying knee cracked his rib.

You'd need to do something weird like some sort of equivalent of hockey-style offsides to cut down on the sheer momentum players can build up

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
It’s kinda shocking to me that 30% of acl injuries are occurring on ST plays but I guess that’s a risk when you get juked and blocked at the same time

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1490841787979554816?s=21

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

How is that not a flag?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chucktesla posted:

How is that not a flag?

Are we looking for a taunting flag in the pro bowl here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
grown man with septum piercing gets in fight in Vegas is the easiest headline known to man