Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Tom Marazzo, an acting spokesperson for the convoy, said on Monday that the protesters wanted to go home but would not leave until the “job is done”.

The initial motivation for the convoy was an announcement last year that truckers crossing the US-Canada border would need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. But the protesters’ demands have grown to an end for all vaccine mandates, and even the toppling of the Trudeau government.

“I apologize if I’m bashing the guy [Trudeau] but honestly, from my assessment he’s got a .22 caliber mind in a .357 world,” said Marazzo a software developer and former member of the Canadian military.

truly a man of the people, a representative of the forgotten Canadian working class, a computer toucher veteran who speaks exclusively in gun metaphors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

vyelkin posted:

truly a man of the people, a representative of the forgotten Canadian working class, a computer toucher veteran who speaks exclusively in gun metaphors

this is one of many reasons why supporting are troops is bad

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Someone can cheat during a sporting event without it indicting their entire nation, race or religion.

If you cannot have a sense of humor about the Olympics, you are in for a rude awakening when you discover *vaguely gestures at everything*

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

sometimes a guy getting his skates taken out from under him is just funny :shrug:

who knew a sport no one cares about would become a political statement

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

The ottawa stuff really seems like peanuts compared to trucks blocking the Ambassador bridge. Who is organizing that?

You'd think the government would be quicker to shut that down considering that it's threatening the pockets of our overlords, no matter how small that threat is.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Starks posted:

The ottawa stuff really seems like peanuts compared to trucks blocking the Ambassador bridge. Who is organizing that?

You'd think they'd be quicker to shut that down considering that it's threatening the pockets of our overlords, no matter how small that threat is.

yeah, they should shut them down, i have no idea white the problem is

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Saalkin posted:

Truckie suckie and fuckie

truck bunny

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I just saw a herd of them headed west on the 417 slowing down traffic. they’d better be leavings and not migrating to the suburbs where my mom lives, jfc

saw some OPP squad cars near the sir John A, was just OPS last week. Maybe something is happening.

probably loving not though

On one hand, I want them to gently caress off, and for your mom to be safe.

on the other, pissing of suburbanites would be a fantastic way for them to lose even more support.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I’m surprised they were allowed to affect capital at all, tbh

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

remember when the wet'suwet'en threatened to maybe affect capital

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a primate posted:

I’m surprised they were allowed to affect capital at all, tbh

my company just put out an all company bulletin they all of our U.S. shipments from Ontario with loads destined to Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, California, Florida, Alabama, Utah, Illinois and Alabama will be impacted by this closure.

not only that it’s stagnating the shipping system as trailers get dumped into storage as they can’t get over and we just saw rates spike 500 bucks a shipment.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Starks posted:

You'd think the government would be quicker to shut that down considering that it's threatening the pockets of our overlords, no matter how small that threat is.

Maroun would've cleared the blockage in like an hour lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the real pity is the number of voters who will completely forget that this is doug ford's responsibility to handle come the election in four months

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

basically blocking the side coming into Canada hurts the USA as the shipments they want would have been loaded onto the trailers that are now stuck at the border.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Oxyclean posted:

On one hand, I want them to gently caress off, and for your mom to be safe.

on the other, pissing of suburbanites would be a fantastic way for them to lose even more support.

you aren’t wrong but they really should be headed east or south if they want to piss off the real money, but I guess Kanata does have the tech park they could antagonize

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, we're having an election in four months?

gently caress.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Lostconfused posted:

gently caress.

oh jesus Christ I am so tired

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Lostconfused posted:

gently caress.

Still time for poo poo to get dumber

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
don't worry, as it stands everyone is polling status quo.

unless it is somehow made obvious that dofo is loving this up, he will at least have a minority government, and very likely another majority, come june 3rd

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Lostconfused posted:

gently caress.

don't worry the perennial loser neighbourhood mom from the NDP or the turtle that you can't quite remember the name of that leads the Liberals is definitely going to beat Ford!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
the next federal election doesnt have to happen until 2025 but there is a bunch of municipal and provincial elections this year

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I hope my provincial riding gets a communist on the ballot again

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

DariusLikewise posted:

the next federal election doesnt have to happen until 2025 but there is a bunch of municipal and provincial elections this year

new conspiracy theory: feds had intel that this was coming and called the snap election to avoid it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well they hosed that one up then

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

infernal machines posted:

well they hosed that one up then

the beauty of the conspiracy theory is you can just finesse what they were trying to acheive. Justin Trudeau got exactly what he wanted: [fill in blank here]

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a very clear mandate to keep on keepin' on

seriously though, that was the most hilarious election in recent memory. the entire country en masse decided "no, this is fine, just keep it going"

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Canada has broken its promise of not being as loving stupid as America, truly dark times

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Oct 29, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Koirhor posted:

Canada has broken its promise of not being as loving stupid as America, truly dark times

lol that promise has never really been realized

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I never made that promise

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Koirhor posted:

Canada is dumb as poo poo and always has been.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Canada is fake and dumb as hell

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Kkkanada is bad because much like Amerikkka you can spell it with a KKK.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

vyelkin posted:

a combination gun metaphor and west wing quote, no less

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isizzlehorn posted:

Lmao green party

what are you doin

Idling a truck 24/7. Green party: Hmm, yes, this is a good thing.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
multiple freedom convoys have spawned across France inspired by the Ottawa occupation

I guess they didn’t see the franco response in quebec

they’ve called up and mobilized the departmental gilet jaune to bring them in to blockade Paris this weekend and then head to Brussels

so far the police have made it clear they’re not going to take any poo poo so we’ll see how it shakes out, during the OG gilet jaune movement some protestors died, lost limbs, had eyes blasted out by the riot police, etc

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/bystevereilly/status/1491168971152044033?s=21

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I swear this is not the first time someone’s old account got hacked and turned into weird Trump poo poo. It’s just petty.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status/1491224644942446592?s=20&t=viYfcaDiCRfqULO2bf8yhA

Bumbles steps in his own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1491127682977140736?s=21

lmao