Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
At least the land base is a little closer to dnd commander lands than Innistrad.

Ok, these seem pretty good;

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Toshimo posted:

Fire Sheldon. Preferably into the sun.

Also ban Dockside.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What a blessed day, Based extortionist and oracle remain unmolested and we get a new piece of Kenrith stax tech spoiled:

I kind of like this if you're running the whole dork package, and as a fringe benefit it lets you attack with your Dauthi without feeling like you're blowing the opportunity to cast something sick.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That card is DISGUSTINGLY powerful, unfortunately Osgir and Oswald are both hardlocked into sorcery speed so I don’t give a poo poo!!!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wow that's a powerful dude.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

That is a very good blood pod card and might end up justifying putting Yisan back into the deck.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/ljkhuZ32kd8

Kamigawa precon analsys vehicle deck

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
guess i need to get two of each commander precon

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I always thought those filter lands were terribad, anyone else?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gynovore posted:

They're okay in two colour, totally fine for a precon I think.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Gynovore posted:

I think the more flexible ones can be okay, certain decks need a lot of colored mana, but the colorless to two different colored ones I don't see a lot of use for. Maybe if there's some reason you're desperate to run a lot of lands that generate colorless mana but not colored also.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

signet lands are good in 2 color decks with an above average amount of colorless mana production imo. And they're much better than any of the garbage tapped duals they used to throw in every precon.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
The new cards are real cool and good, but the precons all together are a little poo poo

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

What a blessed day, Based extortionist and oracle remain unmolested and we get a new piece of Kenrith stax tech spoiled:

I kind of like this if you're running the whole dork package, and as a fringe benefit it lets you attack with your Dauthi without feeling like you're blowing the opportunity to cast something sick.

loving SICK

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Toshimo posted:

What kind of immense rear end in a top hat do you need to be to not comprehend that, especially during a global pandemic full of in-person restrictions, that the majority of play is not being done at your LGS with your close group of pals? "Strong Social Contract" can eat my entire rear end.

Fire Sheldon. Preferably into the sun.

4 people on rules committee and 12 (!) people on CAG to decide that pick up games dont exist in a meaningful sense
Lmao

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

fatherboxx posted:

4 people on rules committee and 12 (!) people on CAG to decide that pick up games dont exist in a meaningful sense
Lmao

There are some sensible folk on the CAG, like JLK. I believe he has come out and publicly disagreed with the RC even after being on the CAG. I imagine that he voiced disapproval on it, but the RC are the final authority. The CAG are all Eleanor Holmes Norton; non-voting delegates.

Since our antipope turned out to be the format's antichrist, I guess we need a more modern replacement: a leaderless populist movement protesting the lack of democracy. So, Occupy EDH, I guess? Of course, that's a joke. The RC is eternal now.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I already advocated being EDH anarchists. Just ignore the RC and they will disappear like a bad dream. If you want Dockside Extortionist banned just ban him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m happy that no one’s decks got banned and I’m happy that Commander remains the least hosed up way to play magic.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
EDH is good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wish Josh Lee Kwai would take over for Sheldon. I would accept the immediate Blood Moon ban.

I like everyone on the CAG and RC just fine, even if I feel like Emma Emeria and Shivam both get extremely nude and mad on Twitter about people not wanting all Commander to revert to Boomer EDH, and in general I wish I we would get maybe a slightly more conservative ban list, but otherwise the game is better than it’s ever been. The meta is extremely rich and diverse, every color combo can compete at every level more or less, and I can’t think of a single card currently “ruining” the game the way Hullbreacher really felt like it was kind of ruining the game.

If I could have one wish, it would be for Jim La Page or Mons or god COBBLEPOTT to get added to the CAG and then we’d finally have REAL cEDH representation. Jim might already be on the CAG, actually, but he’s quiet.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Josh Lee Kwai wanted to snap ban Jeweled Lotus

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Me: "I'm not sure there's anything Sheldon can say at this point that I'd agree with."
Sheldon: picks on Seb
Me: "...fine, you win this one."

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

disaster pastor posted:

Me: "I'm not sure there's anything Sheldon can say at this point that I'd agree with."
Sheldon: picks on Seb
Me:

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
lmao @ seb pulling out "DEBATE ME" in the comments

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Not even that, Sheldon was like "Hey is there an anti-nazi artist who can do some alters for me?" and Seb stood up and screamed "IT IS I! THE NAZI ADJACENT ARTIST!"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Seb doubling down instead of backing down is really bumming me out. He's been doing that on every platform, telling people to speak with him privately and like... dude. If you don't stand with the Nazis and poo poo like them, then clear that up publicly.

If you would have just come out as against mandates that's annoying and I don't agree with that stance but going to a rally where a lot of bullshit is going down and saying it makes you feel hope for the first time in a long time... dude.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

You wouldn't think it'd be hard to say "Nazis are bad. I don't like Nazis." It's pretty uncontroversial to dislike Nazis in most circles.

But some guys...

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
is what Seb said/did so egregious I can purchase a Terese Nielsen playmat?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://twitter.com/_raymondrose/status/1491143668082028545

lmao

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Grevlek posted:

is what Seb said/did so egregious I can purchase a Terese Nielsen playmat?
Seb drove a few hundred miles to join an anti-vaxx white supremacist trucker convoy in Ottowa, where "protesters" were flying nazi flags, and posted about it on his social media, and is currently doubling and tripling down on that decision

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Infinite Karma posted:

Seb drove a few hundred miles to join an anti-vaxx white supremacist trucker convoy in Ottowa, where "protesters" were flying nazi flags, and posted about it on his social media, and is currently doubling and tripling down on that decision

i totally understand it is very chud-brained, just not sure if it's chud-brained enough I can get away with getting a Hanna playmat

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Grevlek posted:

i totally understand it is very chud-brained, just not sure if it's chud-brained enough I can get away with getting a Hanna playmat

One person being a chud doesn't unchud someone else.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Get a Phil or Kaja Foglio playmat instead

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Framboise posted:

One person being a chud doesn't unchud someone else.

Right, the impact of chuddiness is multiplicitive but the chuds themselves are only additive.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
At least Rebecca Guay is still pure

Please do not disabuse me of this notion

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Heath posted:

Everything I've seen indicates this is true. She even called Seb out and he did his "let's talk in private" response.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

No one tell me who did the GRN Steam Vents, it's the only play mat I have.

I pre-ordered the Neon Dynasty commander decks before watching the deck reveals. Boy was that disappointing. Tbh I don't really care about reprint value beyond getting more than what I paid for and I really wanted the convenience of getting a grip of staples all at once. I can find a home for the bulk of the cards, even if I'm not too terribly interested in the decks themselves.

Plus I'm pretty sure that white creature what untaps all your guys is going to be worth so god drat much in a year.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Darkoni posted:

No one tell me who did the GRN Steam Vents, it's the only play mat I have.

I'm not going to tell you who it is, but he did tweet at Donald Trump that he's a whiny little bitch, so he's ok for now.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

I'm so conflicted because my current playmat of choice is the collab art between Seb and Rebecca. I don't really know what to do, it honestly looks more like a Guay piece more so than a Seb piece imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm not gonna take down my current seb art or stop using seb playmats.. no sense throwing away poo poo I spent lots of money on.

But he's basically torpedoed his chances of getting any more vanity Kickstarters to fund his movies actually funded.