Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I feel like at one point Oda was reasonably tame, then at some point he married a model and he's been alarmingly horny ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Wondering how this thread will feel about the female characters in Chainsaw Man. :thunk:

all worth it for that lady working at Happy Burger

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

dudes rock

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Doc Hawkins posted:

all worth it for that lady working at Happy Burger

Kobeni gets the worst of it in a sense. None of the other women have to have a job anymore.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

just want to say that the English dub of fist of the north star on tubi is not very good

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

huh, Tubi has anime on it? guess I’ll stick it on my tv

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Wondering how this thread will feel about the female characters in Chainsaw Man. :thunk:

The demon girl was great until she got turned into a child who needed to be taken care of

Then they did it again at the end

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Communist Thoughts posted:

The demon girl was great until she got turned into a child who needed to be taken care of

Power was always infantile. Her character is partly based on Eric Cartman.

coathat
May 21, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I feel like at one point Oda was reasonably tame, then at some point he married a model and he's been alarmingly horny ever since.

Drawing your fantasy woman and then marrying a model that dressed up as her is a powerful move.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

just want to say that the English dub of fist of the north star on tubi is not very good

Is it the tv show or the movie?

The movie is a weird case because Streamline actually got decent actors imo but didn't even bother with a real translation of the script so it's just a bizarre mess of poo poo they just made up

The TV series was handled better but they did that annoying rear end 90s thing where they replaced the music with some drum and bass soundtrack that is just a cacophony of thumps and poo poo and is terrible, and, while the original mono recordings have bad quality, the original soundtrack is extremely good for the most part

E: I guess to clarify in an :actually: way, I'm aware it wasn't originally mono and aired in stereo, it's just Toei's own garbage methods of archiving its shows

Good soup! has issued a correction as of 15:37 on Feb 9, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'd kill for a full dub of the original series if only to grant it more exposure but I don't see it ever getting more attention unless there is a remake down the line

I still find it bizarre that they brought over the New Fist of the North Star OVA series but never bothered with the series of movies that came out in mid-to-late 2000s

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They're hosed up.
The male characters are hosed up too.
Really, everyone in Chainsaw Man is hosed up.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

wolfs posted:

huh, Tubi has anime on it? guess I’ll stick it on my tv

tubi has everything Lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Good soup! posted:

Is it the tv show or the movie?

The movie is a weird case because Streamline actually got decent actors imo but didn't even bother with a real translation of the script so it's just a bizarre mess of poo poo they just made up

The TV series was handled better but they did that annoying rear end 90s thing where they replaced the music with some drum and bass soundtrack that is just a cacophony of thumps and poo poo and is terrible, and, while the original mono recordings have bad quality, the original soundtrack is extremely good for the most part

E: I guess to clarify in an :actually: way, I'm aware it wasn't originally mono and aired in stereo, it's just Toei's own garbage methods of archiving its shows

it’s the movie

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Communist Thoughts posted:

the ending is a recycled character from one of his one shots. he even kept the name lol

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Chainsaw Man's female characters are pretty much universally cool and tend to be well-developed with their own arcs, plots, desires, and fuckups. Even Kobeni who is seemingly specifically targeted by the universe to never catch a break is a total badass for her endless determination

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kit Walker posted:

Chainsaw Man's female characters are pretty much universally cool and tend to be well-developed with their own arcs, plots, desires, and fuckups. Even Kobeni who is seemingly specifically targeted by the universe to never catch a break is a total badass for her endless determination

What are you talking about? The first thing she wants to do is quit. Kobeni is cool because she hates her jobs and resents her family, like the rest of us.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What are you talking about? The first thing she wants to do is quit. Kobeni is cool because she hates her jobs and resents her family, like the rest of us.

I mean her determination to survive, lol. Her immediately realizing that she’s in over her head, dipping, and then still constantly finding herself in life-or-death situations which she powers through anyway is great. Also she has a cool car and lets Power show off her incredible driving skills

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

just dont have girls in shonen imo

there are like 3 girls total in all of Ippo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baki has the correct approach to female characters. They should be there to look pretty and sexually motivate the men. :hmmyes:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is Smiling Friends an anime?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Ward 24 is a) very good imo and b) probably the most c-spam anime this season. Technically spoilers, but vague: Anime Omelas.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Stairmaster posted:

bleach was very scizophrenic about its portrayal of women

Bleach contains GOAT Yoruichi, which more than offsets poo poo characters like Orihime, Nel, and Nanao.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

building a giant Gundam w massive balls swinging low as anti personnel weapons

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Char: I'm beneath the enemy scrotum.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/GifsAnime_/status/1491874179360165890?t=sc56xOUDRQNeE2HTlDK_SQ&s=19

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I like how there are so many Eren Stans right now because it’s an easy way to convince someone that America deserved 9/11.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eren is so clearly the bad guy and his biggest supporters are all creeps with bowlcuts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
eren jaeger?

more like ender wiggin, loving bitch!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The end song of this last bit of AoT is named "Child of Evil" and its just Eren walking around with a bloody knife

I dont know how much more obvious they can make it

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Eren is so clearly the bad guy and his biggest supporters are all creeps with bowlcuts.

everyone I’ve seen stanning Eren is black. there is definitely an anticolonialist bent to it.

Retromancer has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Feb 11, 2022

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ppl only like that cool guy who chopped the poo poo out of that giant yeti lookin monster

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Popy posted:

ppl only like that cool guy who chopped the poo poo out of that giant yeti lookin monster

The main trio sucks rear end, but all the other characters grow and add to the story meaningfully

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
nutcracker Titan was such an insane sequence imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retromancer posted:

everyone I’ve seen stanning Eren is black. there is definitely an anticolonialist bent to it.

That's not too dissimilar to how many black people viewed Japan before & during WW2. Funny how many historical parallels AoT can draw both in-universe and in real life. I wonder how they feel now that Eren is trying to murder everyone in the world outside of Paradis.

pillsburysoldier posted:

The main trio sucks rear end, but all the other characters grow and add to the story meaningfully

Armin is cool.

Most of the time, anyway.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Feb 11, 2022

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's not too dissimilar to how many black people viewed Japan before & during WW2. Funny how many historical parallels AoT can draw both in-universe and in real life. I wonder how they feel now that Eren is trying to murder everyone in the world outside of Paradis.

Armin is cool.

it’s a mix of “they started the beef, gently caress ‘em” and “I didn’t watch 4 seasons of this show to turn on him now.”

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retromancer posted:

it’s a mix of “they started the beef, gently caress ‘em” and “I didn’t watch 4 seasons of this show to turn on him now.”

The power of being the POV character is just too much for people to handle. It's a credit to the story that Eren was portrayed as an unhinged psycho from the start, who only really goes off the deep end because his fate was locked in by his future self. Armin & Mikasa were also main POV characters, but I guess their feelings don't matter that much.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Armin is cool.

Crispy and fuckin' JACKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One easy trick to burn off bodyfat FAST!