Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
idk, I think she'll have plenty to add to the high quality discourse that already occurs at the capitol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i don’t live in the Huntington area and know little about WV politics but im not sure why anyone should be mad about the move if Syndee has a better platform that the current officeholder

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I believe someone on Twitter got mad that she might take a seat away from one of the "reasonable" Republicans and radicalize the rest. Which is just...insane levels of not getting politics. Local government conservatives are just straight up fascists.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

QuoProQuid posted:

i don’t live in the Huntington area and know little about WV politics but im not sure why anyone should be mad about the move if Syndee has a better platform that the current officeholder

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I believe someone on Twitter got mad that she might take a seat away from one of the "reasonable" Republicans and radicalize the rest. Which is just...insane levels of not getting politics. Local government conservatives are just straight up fascists.

Did a bit of googling and looks like the dude who is currently holding that position is Ed Evans (a Democrat), who is now moving to a different district, so no reason to be mad on either front

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

not having a genuine reason to be mad isn't really a factor

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

huh, so the thing that the fun kids ITT do ironically for laughs.....you’re doing for real?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Real bitch behaviour bruh

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The out of focus plant in the foreground is just a great addition. I unironically love it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I'm pretty sure that dude buzzes the thread like once a year to attempt some low level poo poo stirring. It's a weird gimmick.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

maybe this is a you problem

Pretty sure it isn't.

For a second, I thought that was a guy making farting noises with his armpits. An improvement? Who can say.

Piell posted:

Did a bit of googling and looks like the dude who is currently holding that position is Ed Evans (a Democrat), who is now moving to a different district, so no reason to be mad on either front

Sydnee seems like an intelligent person who takes "first, do no harm" seriously, I doubt she'd do something stupid like purposely making things harder for regular folks.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
she shoulda put the snake oil salesman through the glass

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I"m mad

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

She’s got her work cut out for her.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/christian-revival-school-prompts-student-walkout-wva-82765607

quote:

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Between calculus and European history classes at a West Virginia public high school, 16-year-old Cameron Mays and his classmates were told by their teacher to go to an evangelical Christian revival assembly.

When students arrived at the event in the school's auditorium, they were instructed to close their eyes and raise their arms in prayer, Mays said. The teens were asked to give their lives over to Jesus to find purpose and salvation. Those who did not follow the Bible would go to hell when they died, they were told.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
But were any of the teens selling snake oil? Seems like an important question.

Also lmao this state.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a fun reminder that righteous gemstones is actually a documentary:

quote:

Last week's assembly at Huntington High featured a sermon from 25-year-old evangelical preacher Nik Walker of Nik Walker Ministries, who has been leading revivals in the Huntington area for more than two weeks.

Walker, originally from the small town of Mullens, West Virginia, has been traveling the state since he was 17 hosting church meetings at schools. He said he came to Huntington on Jan. 23 with plans to leave three days later but saw a need he felt compelled to address.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

"Nik Walker of Nik Walker Ministries" literally sounds like a Justin character

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Bringing back this classic for no reason
why do I always stupidly click "click to view post anyway"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I hope you at least got paid for this oppo reseach

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
"Walker, originally from the small town of Mullens, West Virginia, has been traveling the state since he was 17 hosting church meetings at schools. He said he came to Huntington on Jan. 23 with plans to leave three days later but saw a need he felt compelled to address."

The need was "getting run out of town by an angry mob of children" and frankly it's a need in many towns.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

"Walker, originally from the small town of Mullens, West Virginia, has been traveling the state since he was 17 hosting church meetings at schools. He said he came to Huntington on Jan. 23 with plans to leave three days later but saw a need he felt compelled to address."

The need was "getting run out of town by an angry mob of children" and frankly it's a need in many towns.

Ugh I know the type who will use this to bolster their argument that Christianity is under attack.

Travis talks about it in Good Christian Fun.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 10, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Farg posted:

she shoulda put the snake oil salesman through the glass

Hard agree, but I also take the stance that you should always put everyone through the glass at all times.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Polygon just raised like a half a billion dollars, I assume that some of that haul will be going to our favorite Brothers to fund another webseries

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Different Polygon, bud. It's some kind of crypto scam company

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

honestly hosed up that simone and pat are running an ethereum platform in addition to making shortform youtube videos and twitch streams, i feel betrayed

Warbird
May 23, 2012

idk it seems like the ultimate shitpost gimmick so it's pretty on brand

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, if anything I could see them doing one as a goof that crypto bros take too serious

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

eke out posted:

honestly hosed up that simone and pat are running an ethereum platform in addition to making shortform youtube videos and twitch streams, i feel betrayed

Simone was big into Bitcoin before she realized it wasn't "crypt-currency"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Different Polygon, bud. It's some kind of crypto scam company

:(

I legit read about it on one of those gas pump TVs that feed you bullshit while you fill up, sorry it was too good to be true and in fact something lovely

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

:(

I legit read about it on one of those gas pump TVs that feed you bullshit while you fill up, sorry it was too good to be true and in fact something lovely

You don't want to hear what's viral from maria menounos?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

You don't want to hear what's viral from maria menounos?

only if it’s about the McElroys

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I like the idea of a mid sized video game website getting a half billion cash infusion. It'd be a much more whimsical world.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
gently caress I would never want to join any politics in this country and culture now.

You get a giant propaganda target plastered on you unless you sell out and suck rich person dick 24/7 and then even if you win most of your “colleagues” are corrupt as gently caress if not just completely incompetent but like propped by aforementioned rich person dick.

So… good luck, Sidney?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
suddenly realizing that they went from Polygon to polyhedra

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao today's episode of TAZ gets wild

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I'm only on last week's TAZ episode but it's very funny to hear Travis unintentionally go into about a half second of his Devo accent before switching gears.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

gently caress Balsa wood

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1492346687741956100?t=p5LqqL3Pn6kQQ4APqQeHMQ&s=19

for real though, I had to look up belt colors to see how far along Justin is and his next step is black belt, that's pretty cool.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I remember there was always one weird old dude when my friend was taking tae kwon do in middle school

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Shinjobi posted:

Lmao today's episode of TAZ gets wild

I can't believe none of this would have happened if Clint hadn't rolled a 1

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

change my name posted:

I can't believe none of this would have happened if Clint hadn't rolled a 1

I mean the whole plot line with the dying voidfishamobas could have been done without the sallow return and he might have been planning a crisis of this sort as the next adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The crossover everyone has been waiting for.

https://youtu.be/N4eG4_IV3_A