Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think a lot of that nerd "sportsball" resentment comes from the absolute disappointment of waiting for a new Futurama and getting a football or baseball game instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think a lot of that nerd "sportsball" resentment comes from the absolute disappointment of waiting for a new Futurama and getting a football or baseball game instead.

Can confirm. I harbor a permanent low-level grudge against football and it can be traced directly to pre-empted episodes of Futurama.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HRZV5AXBy8

this is well worth watching (but as an exercise in amateur sociology, not bc it's good). I'm sure it's come up in the thread before, but it's a distillation of a lot of the cool/extreme 90s mascots, down to his lovely catchphrase. it's a rare example of Rob Paulsen somehow making a project worse. I linked the one with ads, since they really help sprinkle spice on this whole... deal.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'm still mad that coverage of Oklahoma City bombing superseded the nightly hour block of Simpsons reruns

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
My mam watched a new Simpsons episode and it was a parody of Fargo for some reason except apparently more violent that Fargo. Bizarre.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mantis42 posted:

Jesus, they even added a cute kid character to Married... With Children, the absolute maniacs.

To their credit, they got rid of him the next season and put his missing poster on a milk carton.

Sourdough Sam posted:

I remember every cereal and snack mascot being given the 'cool' treatment too. They were all into extreme sports. Also they all wore knee and elbow pads so as not to be too rebellious.

Dizzy Grizzlies, Chester Cheetah, etc.

don't forget the BK kid's club, with the handicapped kid helpfully nicknamed Wheels

Detective No. 27 posted:

They were so goddamn far behind by 2002 they had an entire half of a season waiting in the bag. You'd go months between new episodes

Prurient Squid posted:

My mam watched a new Simpsons episode and it was a parody of Fargo for some reason except apparently more violent that Fargo. Bizarre.

If it involved Lenny and Carl loving two different women in the same hotel room, then I bump it up from F to D-

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

If it involved Lenny and Carl loving two different women in the same hotel room, then I bump it up from F to D-

She says there was so much violence there was no room for anything else.

e: now she's changing her story and saying that, yes, there was a lot of loving in it.

e2: she might have dreamt all this

e3: she's changed her story too many times. She's lost all credibility so far I'm concerned.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 9, 2022

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hardawn posted:

I'm still mad that coverage of Oklahoma City bombing superseded the nightly hour block of Simpsons reruns

Jesus Christ.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Hardawn posted:

Me too tbh I've hated terrorists ever since

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Prurient Squid posted:

She says there was so much violence there was no room for anything else.

e: now she's changing her story and saying that, yes, there was a lot of loving in it.

e2: she might have dreamt all this

e3: she's changed her story too many times. She's lost all credibility so far I'm concerned.

Get your mam an account

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They did parody Fargo in a two parter that was somewhat violent, yes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't worry, I doubt Hulu pre-emps their shows for football.

https://twitter.com/hulu/status/1491513491907354625

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

oh for God's sake

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit › What was the lowest point of Futurama

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
5th series finale is going to be lit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I take personal responsibility for this and I'm sorry.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IUG posted:

Bad news nobody

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Animaniacs revival on Hulu managed to be pretty good, so maybe? This could be good IF they examine what did work about the good episodes, what didn't work about the bad ones, and what wouldn't work today. The show works best with sci fi adventures propped up by the relationships of the characters, and is at its worst when its just a vehicle to lampoon current events.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

how many trump jokes you think they'll stuff into it

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

farnsworth_i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore.jpg

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I just learned this fact in the Disenchantment thread (another place to express unending disappointment with Groening and Cohen, et al).

I liked the revival more than most people did but I will bet American dollars that this will be bad. quite bad.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The important questions are

1) Are they going to bring back the all-star writers room of Harvard Lampoon smartarses from seasons 1-4

and

2) If they pull off that miracle, will they still have it?

I'm not hopeful

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Lmao they're recasting Bender. And probably all the other DiMaggio characters.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sourdough Sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sourdough Sam posted:

Even Flexo?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Time to take a big sip of water and read who else DiMaggio voices on the shop

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I coulda sworn when they revived it for Comedy Central Katey Sagal was gonna walk. Surpised she stuck it out even for this new one.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
https://twitter.com/thesimpsons/status/1491441773834641412?s=21

What a funny memorable joke!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bender's voice acter isn't returning because they're trying to make his character and the whole show "woke" like every other piece of media these days

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wizard Master

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Other articles say he was asked but wanted more money than they apparently were willing to give him. Which is fair enough. If I were his agent I'd have assumed they wouldn't do it without him either.

If Billy West or Tress MacNeille had refused that would be 90% of the characters.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 10, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

IUG posted:

Why the gently caress? Sometimes shows run their course -- twice :rolleyes: -- and these jackasses need to get that through their thick loving heads.

Sourdough Sam posted:

:stare: How on earth could anyone POSSIBLY think that resurrecting this extremely dead show with ANY new voice actors is a good thing? Ugh, this is going to be a god drat trainwreck.

Iron Crowned posted:

The Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit › What was the lowest point of Futurama

The singing boil episode, next question.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 10, 2022

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I hope they start making it like the Simpsons. But instead you see the HEADS of D list celebrities showing up every episode. And they don't even NEED to make an awkward big smile for the characters. They can just pretend with Bender's resting mouth thing. drat, I should be writing this show. I'm still waiting, Fox, you bastards.

Anyway, cast Will Sasso as Bender or something. I don't care.

edit: no! even better! I bet they have Justin whatever (I'm not googling how to spell it) play all the background chaarcters with his incredible range of 2 voices. They'll have so much talent to use to give Billy a break on doing them all himself.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Holy poo poo, finding out John DiMaggio isn’t going to return to this twice dead show is the icing on the cake :allears:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bit late to parody Fargo.

When Fargo came out the Simpsons was good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When Simpsons was good they were parodying movies that came out thirty years before it started. Maybe the modern crew thought doing that again would help them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Bit late to parody Fargo.

When Fargo came out the Simpsons was good.

It was more a parody of the TV show Fargo

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

No Dignity posted:

Time to take a big sip of water and read who else DiMaggio voices on the shop
I hope it's Julie Kavner

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

I hope it's Julie Kavner

her likely rendition of "bite my shiny metal rear end" came into my brain unbidden and it sounded, somehow, like a cobweb full of sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Surely announcing the show without diMaggio is a negotiation tactic to weaken his resolve and they won't actually try to do Futurama without him.