Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

no, no. just go away already man. ride off into the sunset. the time has come to pass the torch/baton. etc. etc.

On the other hand the longer Gronk hangs around the more obvious it is the only reason he 'retired' is that he was just done with Belichick's poo poo, which is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand the longer Gronk hangs around the more obvious it is the only reason he 'retired' is that he was just done with Belichick's poo poo, which is pretty funny.

Well the Cincy culture looks pretty fun.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

no, no. just go away already man. ride off into the sunset. the time has come to pass the torch/baton. etc. etc.

Kelce is older than Gronk so he should retire first imo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Agreed.

Hey, LA is a fun place to live. Chargers need a party loving hall of fame tight end?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Fake Gronk headass being older and possibly ending up being the better receiver (yeah no chance on the blocking but he tries) would be pretty funny to me too.

Probably not to you two.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 9, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gronk came into the league at 21, Kelce at 24 which is the main difference in why people think Gronk is so much older, he was playing in 2010 and Kelce was drafted in 2013 and didn't play until 2014.

Kelce will pass Gronk in receiving yards this year almost certainly, and passed him in receptions like 2 years ago... but Gronk has like 40 touchdowns on him and over 2 yards a reception more. Gronk is just an absurdity

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Gronk came into the league at 21, Kelce at 24 which is the main difference in why people think Gronk is so much older, he was playing in 2010 and Kelce was drafted in 2013 and didn't play until 2014.

Kelce will pass Gronk in receiving yards this year almost certainly, and passed him in receptions like 2 years ago... but Gronk has like 40 touchdowns on him and over 2 yards a reception more. Gronk is just an absurdity

Also just watch how they both played at their height. Gronk was Bo Jackson ish.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gronk was a touchdown machine. I really don’t remember anything like it when he was firing on all cylinders

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/YetiOrKnot/status/1491101335357308929?t=9w4nkZBcKSsZ_J3AuW5g0g&s=19

I'm getting the pro bowl Herbie

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That’s crazy. It feel like Eli Apple has been in the league for 10 years.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1491423789556854784

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1491442931135545344?t=XVtyDtdEwyukRvWq-0Eovw&s=19

Trust a ninja turtle to play a fuckin shell game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Diva Cupcake posted:

He crammed like 10 years worth of drama into his short career

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Raiders/Commanders is a natural rivalry.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1491168307218718721?s=20&t=_7NgOSvb6myrDK5Xrpyn3A

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

How the hell was the hazing stuff and subsequent team cancer stuff in 2016-2017? There's just no way.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Raiders being afc redskins seems apt

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:yikes:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It would be cool if we could go a month without an NFL player hospitalizing or killing someone.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

a neat cape posted:

That is so crazy, just based on how each of them looks while playing. Gronk moves like a 50 year old man with bad joints, Kelce is still at the absolute top of his game.

Really weird

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/jonallen93_/status/1491336706469285891

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmao what the gently caress

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Someone issue Jonathan Allen a halt order

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Not much brain left to pick after the bullet went through it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/KimboSIime/status/1491471120498929675

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Believing Hitler to be a military genius is one of the most clear indicators that someone is both an idiot an an rear end in a top hat

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

best case scenario:

If the line meshes I could see this team having a winning record. I would be shocked with 10 wins or more, but it’s not impossible. I don’t see them getting 3 wins out of the division and that limits the season.

worst case scenario:

I could see the team at 4-5 wins if the coa
I want to watch Jonathan Allen watch Downfall. Just nodding along as Adolph screams at his generals.ching continues to struggle and the team gives up quick pressure to 3-4 man rushes.

My prediction:

7 wins.

I see a team that can’t stop an above average offense. I think the games will be fun to watch - as long as they have any luck with injuries- but I see them losing fun. I hope 7 wins would get Taylor fired, but Mike and Joe love him so my guess is they keep Zac and fire the DC.

Accolades

#9-15 scoring offense

#24-32 scoring defense

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

:same:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Everything else aside, military genius is really stretching it. He easily could've come out of the war having expanded Germany rather than getting it bombed to hell, split down the middle and occupied by two rival powers, and with him dead and the people/country of Germany international pariahs for decades.

well that's an absolute disaster of a quoting attempt lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Was Payne the puncher or punchee

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20&t=Ez5ofzfI-MOFX92DMHvSPQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Party at Greg’s house

quote:

Free agent OT Greg Robinson was arrested Monday in Thibodaux, La. on nine felony drug charges.

Robinson, 29, was pulled over for a traffic violation around midnight, and a police dog alerted at the presence of narcotics. Officers discovered 38.89 pounds of marijuana, 3.16 pounds of crystal methamphetamine, 2.22 pounds of cocaine, 4 grams of crack cocaine, 227 doses of hydrocodone, 48 doses of oxycodone and 18 doses of alprazolam along with “a large assortment of drug trafficking and packaging equipment/paraphernalia, firearm magazines and ammunition and a small amount of U.S. currency.” It's Robinson's second drug-related arrest in the last two years after he fell out of the league following the 2019 season. Robinson remained in jail Wednesday on $315,000 bond. The former No. 2 overall pick of the Rams is one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

Party at Greg’s house

Hes still facing his last set of trafficking charges - things aint looking good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was Payne the puncher or punchee

He was the punchee. Payne put his finger to Allen's head, probably because he saw thoughts like this running around.

Also Allen deleted the tweet lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh...ok.

I feel like I should know what a single hit of meth is growing up near the meth capital of the world at the time but I have no idea. I'm pretty sure 3.16 lbs is a hell of a lot of a gutter drug considering the other stuff he was carrying though. Regardless of everything else going on here.

quote:

Robinson has been arrested previously on drug charges. On Feb. 19, 2020, Robinson and former Auburn teammate Quan Bray were charged with conspiring to distribute marijuana and possession of marijuana with intent to sell, distribute or dispense.

They were arrested after 156.9 pounds of marijuana were discovered in duffel bags in their rented vehicle at Sierra Blanca Checkpoint Station, a U.S. Border Patrol facility off Interstate 10 southeast of El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

Gotta give it to him, he doesn't mess around about weight.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

Uh...ok.

I feel like I should know what a single hit of meth is growing up near the meth capital of the world at the time but I have no idea. I'm pretty sure 3.16 lbs is a hell of a lot of a gutter drug considering the other stuff he was carrying though. Regardless of everything else going on here.

Gotta give it to him, he doesn't mess around about weight.

Yeah there is 0 reason why someone with his profile abd resources should have been in the car with that kind of weight.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

speaking of germany

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1491507061145755651

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Honestly Germany should have gotten regular season games before England. Neither country would struggle to fill a stadium, but a much larger percentage of Germans actively follow NFL football then British.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Party at Greg’s house

Wow. That's a lot of drugs!! Even for me

that's cool. one of the few worthwhile things the NFL is doing

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1491228001048031235?t=CMEEn8bswbdejFyHxbTP2g&s=19

:sickos:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It would certainly be a neat experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

*looks at Chargers defense and special teams*

gently caress it lets go