Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Eifert Posting posted:

Honestly Germany should have gotten regular season games before England. Neither country would struggle to fill a stadium, but a much larger percentage of Germans actively follow NFL football then British.

Yeah Germans were actually way more into NFL Europe when that was a thing than any other country.

Apparently the concept of "blitzing" really resonated with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Didn't like 5 of those come in the regular season finale?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cool

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1491537084724793344

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pasaluki posted:

Yeah Germans were actually way more into NFL Europe when that was a thing than any other country.

Apparently the concept of "blitzing" really resonated with them.

:hmmyes:

1940 as the ultimate zero blitz is certainly an interesting perspective

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlindSite posted:

ya in those final five minutes herbie was responsible for like 25% of successful 4th and 10 conversions across all of the nfl in the regular season

stupid raiders fg

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

He's so good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

herb won't fail to convert a 4th down again until he is old. 2039

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Chargers should definitely do what that fun high school coach did and never punt ever. Worked out great when he tried it one year in the FCS and lost 11 games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/hellotushy/status/1491460875735244810

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eifert Posting posted:

Honestly Germany should have gotten regular season games before England. Neither country would struggle to fill a stadium, but a much larger percentage of Germans actively follow NFL football then British.

There's also still quite a lot of American troops at bases in Germany who would love to attend an NFL game there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

its pretty funny how by the end of NFL Europe's life it was like, 5 German teams and one team in Amsterdam

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Not gonna lie, if the Lions end up playing a game in Munich there's a high probability my girlfriend and I would go. (Mostly because she really wants to go to Munich and Paris).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i miss nfl europe and the fake radio show that they had in madden when nfl europe was still in madden. the radio show had nothing to do with nfl europe. it was just concurrent. hugs

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

American Football Conference Europe

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

American Football Conference Europe North Hamburg Bengalen

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Not gonna lie, if the Lions end up playing a game in Munich there's a high probability my girlfriend and I would go. (Mostly because she really wants to go to Munich and Paris).

Munich is really cool and the airport is astoundingly, unnaturally clean.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Raiders being afc redskins seems apt

Don't slur.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So over the last couple days from some interviews and reporting we’ve had light shed on the Patriots weird dual defensive coordinators setup with Steve Belichick and Mayo. Well, as some suspected, there isn’t a dual defensive coordinator setup. Belichicks kid Steve is the DC, he puts together the game plans during the week and calls the plays during the game. So what does Mayo do? He runs the defensive meetings during the week to relay Steve’s gameplan because Steve is too nervous to speak in front of the team. That’s his job, be this awkward puppet in front of the big scary football players.

None of this is me joking.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So over the last couple days from some interviews and reporting we’ve had light shed on the Patriots weird dual defensive coordinators setup with Steve Belichick and Mayo. Well, as some suspected, there isn’t a dual defensive coordinator setup. Belichicks kid Steve is the DC, he puts together the game plans during the week and calls the plays during the game. So what does Mayo do? He runs the defensive meetings during the week to relay Steve’s gameplan because Steve is too nervous to speak in front of the team. That’s his job, be this awkward puppet in front of the big scary football players.

None of this is me joking.

That's OK, the old Belichick Magic is beginning to look like "Have a GOAT quarterback"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hitler was most definitely a military idiot. He prevented the introduction of the sturmgewehr 44 because he thought bolt action was superior. He hosed up attacking russia opening up a disastrous front. He hosed up bailing out Italy in the Balkans and north Africa instead of letting mousolinni take the L.

for these reasons and more I find it problematic that there are Hitler truthers in my nfl. Furthermor

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Hitler was most definitely a military idiot. He prevented the introduction of the sturmgewehr 44 because he thought bolt action was superior. He hosed up attacking russia opening up a disastrous front. He hosed up bailing out Italy in the Balkans and north Africa instead of letting mousolinni take the L.

for these reasons and more I find it problematic that there are Hitler truthers in my nfl. Furthermor

They didn't assassinate Hitler simply because he did more damage alive with his incompetent decision-making

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Hitler was the most evil human being who ever lived and it is under-appreciated just how bad the Nazis were because most people just know them through bad history channel documentaries and movies BUT the ironic thing is the “Hitler was a military dumbass who made every wrong decision that cost Germany the war” was literally propaganda written after the war by surviving Germans generals such as Halder, Guderian, and Manstein and of course the friendly architect Albert Speer to scapegoat all of their fuckups onto Hitler and also blame all the war crimes in particular on the now dead SS and party leaders as part of the Clean Wehrmacht Myth.

The funny thing is Hitler’s larger decision making was the main reason why the war went so well for Germany for as long as it did through a combination of having a more holistic understanding of the strategic picture, as compared to the guys like Manstein jacking off about being a modern Blucher and winning individual field battles that don’t accomplish much in 20th century war, and also a good deal of luck.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

He's so good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1491533959779393537

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wonder who the chargers are rooting for in The Big Game™.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Cavauro posted:

It should be obvious, every team wants a Super Bowl banner hung in their home stadium.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

A Rams win gets a bunch of Cool Guys To Root For a ring but a Bengals win means even a dumb franchise like the chargers can win a super bowl so go joe

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This is awesome and I hope they just keep doing it from their basements or whatever. Don’t get cute and try to “refine” it by bringing it into a studio.

:itwaspoo:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

This is going to end well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

This is going to end well.

They’re taking shitposting to strange, new places.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hitler was the most evil human being who ever lived and it is under-appreciated just how bad the Nazis were because most people just know them through bad history channel documentaries and movies BUT the ironic thing is the “Hitler was a military dumbass who made every wrong decision that cost Germany the war” was literally propaganda written after the war by surviving Germans generals such as Halder, Guderian, and Manstein

part of being a military genius is not appointing loser generals so it still tracks that he sucked poo poo as a commander

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Especially since delegation is the head of an organization's #1 job. Top spot can and should be blamed when a whole enterprise goes poorly and likely praised when the whole enterprise goes well.

Oh gently caress. Is Mike Brown somehow a good owner?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

indigi posted:

part of being a military genius is not appointing loser generals so it still tracks that he sucked poo poo as a commander

Oh I never said he was a military genius lol. He just wasn’t the moronic dunderhead who didn’t know the difference between a grenade and a pineapple when it came to conducting the war. For the first few years I mean. By mid 1944 was when he started legitimately losing his mind and famously began making crazed sweeping plans to win the war and ordering barely real formations to do things.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

A Rams win gets a bunch of Cool Guys To Root For a ring but a Bengals win means even a dumb franchise like the chargers can win a super bowl so go joe

Yup

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Hitler

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kind of a jerk I hear.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't think I'd call the guy a genius when he employed the trumpian intentionally have all your underlings hate each other and constantly backstab one another just so they'll never come after you strategy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Holy gently caress do I not want to see people debate about Hitler in a loving football forum

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cavauro posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

What about Ryan Clark