Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Why the HELL are people talking about Hitler in the N/V thread during Super Bowl week? Not an excuse to say it's because a player from a comedy team said something dumb.

Make a D&D thread or something IDK

N. let's get some real baseless speculation fired up

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1491539985064988678?s=20&t=WX0pV9sdM-QBfaxHjDkoYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I have a Tushy bidet and it owns.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

shirts and skins posted:

Why the HELL are people talking about Hitler in the N/V thread during Super Bowl week? Not an excuse to say it's because a player from a comedy team said something dumb.

Make a D&D thread or something IDK

N. let's get some real baseless speculation fired up

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1491539985064988678?s=20&t=WX0pV9sdM-QBfaxHjDkoYw

This is just Goodell saying “why the gently caress are you asking me I have no actual power” in the most diplomatic way possible.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hitler was the most evil human being who ever lived and it is under-appreciated just how bad the Nazis were because most people just know them through bad history channel documentaries and movies BUT the ironic thing is the “Hitler was a military dumbass who made every wrong decision that cost Germany the war” was literally propaganda written after the war by surviving Germans generals such as Halder, Guderian, and Manstein and of course the friendly architect Albert Speer to scapegoat all of their fuckups onto Hitler and also blame all the war crimes in particular on the now dead SS and party leaders as part of the Clean Wehrmacht Myth.

The funny thing is Hitler’s larger decision making was the main reason why the war went so well for Germany for as long as it did through a combination of having a more holistic understanding of the strategic picture, as compared to the guys like Manstein jacking off about being a modern Blucher and winning individual field battles that don’t accomplish much in 20th century war, and also a good deal of luck.

This is swinging back waaaaay in the other direction and is just as ahistorical. Like, sure, Hitler made some good strategic and tactical decisions, such as his decision to refuse the German Army to retreat during the Soviet counteroffensive in the winter of 1941. But he was no master strategist, and made numerous blunders throughout the course of the war — including the decision to declare war on the United States, the intervention in Greece, refusing to allow a retreat from Stalingrad... and that's all before the end of 1942.

Germany succeeded in the first half of the Second World War because they had a competent and well-trained military force that benefited massively from invading Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Poland, allowing them to gain extremely valuable experience and insight. Meanwhile, they forces they fought in 1939-1941 were less organized and suffered from significant political and military divisions. These advantages declined as the war went on and their opponents were able to gain valuable experience, and vanished completely by 1943 —particularly as Germany took more and more losses to men and material that it could not replace. Hitler's decisionmaking played a role in both Germany's ascent and descent, as did the strategic and tactical prowess of his generals. To say Hitler was an incompetent buffoon is to a degree inaccurate, but so too is to argue that Hitler "had a greater insight into the strategic picture" when he loving declared war on the largest economy on the planet earth.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
foomtball

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you guys don't stfu about Hitler I'm shooting hitler

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I don't care if it has nothing to do about football that post was extremely bad and I have to yell about it

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

What's your favorite receiver route

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This is swinging back waaaaay in the other direction and is just as ahistorical. Like, sure, Hitler made some good strategic and tactical decisions, such as his decision to refuse the German Army to retreat during the Soviet counteroffensive in the winter of 1941. But he was no master strategist, and made numerous blunders throughout the course of the war — including the decision to declare war on the United States, the intervention in Greece, refusing to allow a retreat from Stalingrad... and that's all before the end of 1942.

Germany succeeded in the first half of the Second World War because they had a competent and well-trained military force that benefited massively from invading Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Poland, allowing them to gain extremely valuable experience and insight. Meanwhile, they forces they fought in 1939-1941 were less organized and suffered from significant political and military divisions. These advantages declined as the war went on and their opponents were able to gain valuable experience, and vanished completely by 1943 —particularly as Germany took more and more losses to men and material that it could not replace. Hitler's decisionmaking played a role in both Germany's ascent and descent, as did the strategic and tactical prowess of his generals. To say Hitler was an incompetent buffoon is to a degree inaccurate, but so too is to argue that Hitler "had a greater insight into the strategic picture" when he loving declared war on the largest economy on the planet earth.

I don’t disagree at all but this is what the milhist thread is for and I was already writing more than I should in the football thread.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

when Mike Williams runs downfield and no one covers him and herbert throws a long bomb

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't care if it has nothing to do about football that post was extremely bad and I have to yell about it

You might be new to these here parts but Shimmy Jimmy is intensely not there mentally

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Let's figure out which WWII German general's NFL head coach equivalent is in this comedy sports football subforum.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doltos posted:

You might be new to these here parts but Shimmy Jimmy is intensely not there mentally

Well this seems mean.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well this seems mean.

Yeah it's daltos

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Doltos posted:

gonna shoot the guy who shot hitler wow this is cancel culture

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm Daltos, I'm mean, im in your face, and god dang it, I hate hitler

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hitler was the most evil human being who ever lived and it is under-appreciated just how bad the Nazis were because most people just know them through bad history channel documentaries and movies BUT the ironic thing is the “Hitler was a military dumbass who made every wrong decision that cost Germany the war” was literally propaganda written after the war by surviving Germans generals such as Halder, Guderian, and Manstein and of course the friendly architect Albert Speer to scapegoat all of their fuckups onto Hitler and also blame all the war crimes in particular on the now dead SS and party leaders as part of the Clean Wehrmacht Myth.

The funny thing is Hitler’s larger decision making was the main reason why the war went so well for Germany for as long as it did through a combination of having a more holistic understanding of the strategic picture, as compared to the guys like Manstein jacking off about being a modern Blucher and winning individual field battles that don’t accomplish much in 20th century war, and also a good deal of luck.

If Hitler won WW2 there would be no NFL games in Europe and we would probably have soccer games in the US instead. Kinda of hosed up to think about

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doltos posted:

I'm Daltos, I'm mean, im in your face, and god dang it, I hate hitler

If you shoot Hitler you’ll have shot the man who killed Hitler

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Every player in the super bowl is somewhere on a spectrum between hitler and triple hitler haha !!!! LEt's listen to some pod casts.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Man, food Hitler chat starts earlier every year. Also Tom Brady is Hitler.

Hitler was alive the last time the Bears drafted a good QB.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Cincinnati Bengals

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Cincinnati Bengals

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Does anyone want to argue about trucks?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If they win this should really be on the official championship merchandise.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

What kind of narrative is ESPN pushing about Hitler? Are they saying you should appreciate his successes or are you allowed to hate him?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

Doltos is Tom Cruise is that one guy in ww2 Germany who thought ol Adolph needed to be taken down a peg

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chucktesla posted:

I think hi lo concepts are woefully underused. Especially when you have the dream of three good receivers where you can push the threat area another couple yards down the field than normal which puts the lbs in an almost unwinnable situation.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Super Bowl Europe

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think hi lo concepts are woefully underused. Especially when you have the dream of three good receivers where you can push the threat area another couple yards down the field than normal which puts the lbs in an almost unwinnable situation.

Drive and mills rule, agreed

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Crazy to think they used to be a giant empire that withstood the full force of a Nazi aerial attack and now they're the place we hide the Jaguars once a year

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

What’s the origin story of this blessed image anyway?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

screencapping chris collinsworth for this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chucktesla posted:

4 Verts

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*individually audibled from a singleback run play

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Chucktesla posted:

The Scissors combo was one of the first I picked up playing Madden like 15 years ago, particularly with a TE running the corner route if you had one that was athletic enough to make it really deadly (Then, it was the Chargers with Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson/Chris Chambers).

Someone mentioned drive and that’s cool too. Also everyone loves DA BOMB, aka 999 All Go, aka Unleashing the Dragon.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

5 shallow curls

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Big talk from someone who misspelled every letter in "Eifert Posting."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

PA into a TE zig zag ezpz