Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Old London Bridge looks interesting enough but I can't see much of a reason not to wait til retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Infinitum posted:

15hr warning on Bags and Playmats KS

Our group pledge is up to $589
- 5 mats each with their own protector bag (1 large, 2 medium, 2 small)
- 4 premium bags
- 4 lightweight bags

And only $14 total to ship it all out to to Australia.
Made out like a bandit :v:

------------

Man. I'd love to get a playmat, but I have a circular table and none of them would fit at all.
-----------------------------------------------

]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jarvisi posted:

Man. I'd love to get a playmat, but I have a circular table and none of them would fit at all.

:v:

I'm going to have 5cm of overhang on both sides of my table with a large playmat, which is straight up fine for me.
A bit of cushioning for arms and elbows.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Old London Bridge looks interesting enough but I can't see much of a reason not to wait til retail.

They also released a TTS module.. so like.. yeah.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 10, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That's very unhelpful, it's a round table.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Absolute Power, a second edition to early 2000s also-ran superhero RPG Silver Age Sentinels. I haven't been as up to speed as I'd like, but is Dyskami Publishing just a new name for Guardians of Order or is a legitimately new entity?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

EverettLO posted:

Absolute Power, a second edition to early 2000s also-ran superhero RPG Silver Age Sentinels. I haven't been as up to speed as I'd like, but is Dyskami Publishing just a new name for Guardians of Order or is a legitimately new entity?

Yeah it's just Mark McKinnon again. I'm bummed that him not paying freelancers didn't get as much traction as it should have.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Remember when last year Mind MGMT artist sold an NFT-exclusive comic for some crypto?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Infinitum posted:

Also things like Rat People as a trope as Always Evil Mooks/Cannon Fodder is an inherently racist take as it implies all Rat People must be killed as they are incapable of Good.

When the rat people are a stand-in for nazis, this loops back around to the NYT articles talking about the cool young and attractive nazis in your neighborhood.

This weird search for the Good nazi erodes the ethical imperative to always be punching them. Possiblity by design.

It's a topic for not this thread though.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

SelenicMartian posted:

Remember when last year Mind MGMT artist sold an NFT-exclusive comic for some crypto?

As proven, there is no place for morality in the Kickstarter thread.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If someone is dumb enough to buy an NFT, I don’t blame someone else for selling it to them.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The Deep Rock Galactic kickstarter has launched!

They have a standees pledge, a minis pledge, and a deluxe pledge. There is a rulebook draft available, and the shipping section does not have a higher price for Hawai’i residents, which is obviously something I look for.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

EverettLO posted:

It is legally a new entity created by Mark MacKinnon that somehow has access to all of the assets of Guardians of Order but none of the existing liability, what luck!

It's poo poo, don't buy poo poo from Dyskami.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Question for anyone who backed the Batman animated series Kickstarter.

My Arkham asylum box has a spare section where it looks like something should be there, but there isn’t anything there. Am I missing something or did they just cut it like that for no reason?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

moths posted:

When the rat people are a stand-in for nazis, this loops back around to the NYT articles talking about the cool young and attractive nazis in your neighborhood.

This weird search for the Good nazi erodes the ethical imperative to always be punching them. Possiblity by design.

It's a topic for not this thread though.

Have a read of the article my guy, cause you are categorically wrong and I have no loving idea where you're getting Nazis from
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frosthaven/frosthaven/posts/3185807

It's not searching for The Good Nazi, or whatever it is you are thinking of, it's more about not inherently implying someone is evil just because they're a member of a species/race.

Evil can and does exist, just that a creatures background has nothing to do with it.

El Fideo posted:

They have a standees pledge, a minis pledge, and a deluxe pledge. There is a rulebook draft available, and the shipping section does not have a higher price for Hawai’i residents, which is obviously something I look for.

Out of curiosity does the gameplay for this look interesting? I don't mind the video game, but I'm not sure how interesting that would be as a board game.

Like.. just play the video game

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

El Fideo posted:

Going to be a struggle to choose between deluxe edition or stretching the budget and shelling out for collectors. Guess I'll have to take a closer look at the rulebook and decide.

Ideally I want the collector's edition without the art prints or mousepad, but it's more expensive to put that together in the pledge manager.

Shipping is of course murder :australia:

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

My Arkham asylum box has a spare section where it looks like something should be there, but there isn’t anything there. Am I missing something or did they just cut it like that for no reason?

Well, you wouldn't remember what was there. That's where they put the Neuralyzer.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Infinitum posted:

Out of curiosity does the gameplay for this look interesting? I don't mind the video game, but I'm not sure how interesting that would be as a board game.

Like.. just play the video game

It's definitely on the lighter/accessible side for a dungeon crawler. I don't think it'll have a lot of weird edge cases to stumble over It's got dice resolution for the combat, so some people won't like that, and people may also not like that some of the enemies have effects that can make you lose actions, though I'd say that's an incentive to give fighting those enemies a high priority.

I like that they translated the mission objectives, escalating difficulty and resource scarcity into the board game. A departure from the board game that I like is the lack of a long term campaign, and that they opted instead to let you upgrade yourself within each play session. I like that they let you pick any secondary weapon you want, and I like that they brought in the different dwarves' methods of getting around the caves.

Speaking of which, that might be the most distinct thing about the board game: all the rooms are caves, and you have to decide where you want to make the tunnels between them. That sounds like it adds some interesting choices, as well as some tactical opportunities.

Overall it looks like a quick, simple, and fun co-op dungeon crawler with some cool decisions to make. If I weren't a fan of the computer game, and I had a bunch of unplayed dungeon crawlers sitting around I wouldn't necessarily be jumping on the Kickstarter, but here I am.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
TG Kickstarter Thread 3: Like.. just play the video game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Which is why I won't need to buy Too Many Skyrims later this year :smuggo:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The Black Stones posted:

It seems like they either future proofed or just overdeveloped the plastic trays for that. In the stretch goal box there's big holders for the health spinners, but you can't actually use them and also close the box.

Oh also Jervis Tetch's punch dice should be 1, not 3. It's a typo, thankfully Mad Hatter isn't the heaviest hitter in the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Black Stones posted:

That's where the Bat Shark Repellent goes. They must have needed it already.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Infinitum posted:

Evil can and does exist, just that a creatures background has nothing to do with it.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about something else. This isn't necessarily true though, depending on the symbolic role of the creature in single-authored fiction. It's a safer stance to take in gaming though, where you basically crowdsource authorship and intent.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Black Stones posted:

Aw, they have miniatures for Harley's hyenas Bud and Lou? Now I do kind of regret not backing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Black Stones posted:

Well, I tossed the inserts to baggie everything and condense into two boxes, so I can't quite remember, but...
Maybe it was a well for circle-shaped tokens after punching and/or dice?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, they have miniatures for Harley's hyenas Bud and Lou? Now I do kind of regret not backing.

And Ivy's plants, and Freeze's polar bears Notchka and Shaka, and mountain lions. There's almost enough in there to just do a zoo escape game.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
What's the deal with BIGGIFIED games on Kickstarter? I don't mean big box or deluxe editions, I mean releases where they literally just make a larger version of it? Specifically in this case I'm looking at La Granja (I may back the non-biggified one) but several months back there was a similar thing with Castles of Mad King Ludwig. What's the market for that sort of thing?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

armorer posted:

What's the deal with BIGGIFIED games on Kickstarter? I don't mean big box or deluxe editions, I mean releases where they literally just make a larger version of it? Specifically in this case I'm looking at La Granja (I may back the non-biggified one) but several months back there was a similar thing with Castles of Mad King Ludwig. What's the market for that sort of thing?
I have some friends with a really big table and bad lighting where you were far enough away from other players that you couldn’t really appreciate everyone else’s castle. That seems like a really small market, though.
I am guessing they were just struggling to come up with an option where people gave them a bunch of money without them having to do a bunch more work.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Are they just like 50% bigger, or are they actually HUGE? Because if i had a chance to get the santorini demo they had at gencon with a board 4 feet across, i would be sorely tempted and have to go stare at the floor plan of my home for a long time before i closed the tab.

If it's just big, it's probably either lazy or a nod to people with bad lighting or vision problems. If it's huge, then it's Just Neat.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Ceebees posted:

Are they just like 50% bigger, or are they actually HUGE? Because if i had a chance to get the santorini demo they had at gencon with a board 4 feet across, i would be sorely tempted and have to go stare at the floor plan of my home for a long time before i closed the tab.

If it's just big, it's probably either lazy or a nod to people with bad lighting or vision problems. If it's huge, then it's Just Neat.

The La Granja one is a board that jumps from 56cm x 56cm to 96cm x 96cm, and some components to scale along with that. It also costs like $80 US more.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

armorer posted:

I regret not backing GIANT AZUL when I had the chance.

I'd gladly pay the $300 price tag now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Giant Azul is an unwieldy version of the game that’s a hassle to actually play.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

giant carcassone where the tiles are each 1 square ft

and yes we are playing with all the expansion tiles. someone go get the velvet hot air ballon.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Fate Accomplice posted:

I regret not backing GIANT AZUL when I had the chance.

I'd gladly pay the $300 price tag now.

Same here, but I already have mega civ, jumbo container, and jumbo codenames.

I would get a deluxe jumbo version of splotter games though.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/khp/godsend-agenda

Godsend Agenda 3rd, from the guy behind Mythic d6 and Atlantis: The Second Age.

MEGS-inspired RPG (mechanically), narratively inspired by Jack Kirby’s Fourth World saga and Eternals, Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny, and Daniel Keys Moran’s the Long Run and the Last Dancer.

Superheroes who can actually upset the status quo.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Get that jumbo Gloomhaven.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

El Fideo posted:

Collectors edition comes with stls which is sick as poo poo.

Not sure I've seen that done before with a board game

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Chill la Chill posted:

Same here, but I already have mega civ, jumbo container, and jumbo codenames.

I would get a deluxe jumbo version of splotter games though.

Okay so what's the appeal? What is it about playing on a bigger board makes it worth the equally bigger cost? I don't get it at all so it's clearly not for me, I'm just curious really.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My TOR 2e just arrived. Unfortunately I had to leave right after the delivery, but it looks pretty drat awesome.

I'll try and take pictures of janky feat dice this afternoon, per request :)

Edit, here you go!

tbh, I'm not actually too bothered by this. I mentioned I thought the target numbers were kinda high and this actually helps that issue.

Or I can read 11's as 1's, whatever :)

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 12, 2022

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My The One Ring is shipping, I'm very excited about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

armorer posted:

Okay so what's the appeal? What is it about playing on a bigger board makes it worth the equally bigger cost? I don't get it at all so it's clearly not for me, I'm just curious really.

Its big.