Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Shageletic posted:

lol.

On Dec. 8, Hochul attended a fundraiser arranged by the Manhattan law firm Feuerstein Kulick, a major player in the expanding field of cannabis law. The firm advises companies on winning licenses from state governments across the country. New York has yet to select the companies that will win potentially lucrative licenses to sell recreational marijuana.

An email obtained by the Times Union indicates that one week before the fundraiser, Feuerstein Kulick attorney Nancy Baynard encouraged cannabis clients to donate heavily, stating that the firm was in touch with the “director of finance for Hochul’s administration/campaign.”

weed distribution is gonna be such a racket holy hell

tbf im pretty sure it’s a racket in every legal state because the upfront costs are absurd and all require either a bunch of fuckin cash or other shenanigans. can’t get a SBA loan for pot shops after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
loving jokers.

https://twitter.com/CBS6SteveM/status/1478398586576584717

Edit:

My condolences to you, Downstaters:

https://twitter.com/AchmatX/status/1478458045776674822

Edit2:

Gotta keep Mammon fed!

https://twitter.com/klnynews/status/1478795146007388162

Absurd Alhazred has issued a correction as of 19:27 on Jan 5, 2022

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

watches as a victim as the police fail to obtain identity information, write a report, or even make an arrest for the 4th loving time in 2 years

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The brain drain of young professionals from city service combined with everyone retiring the second they're eligible is going to seriously damage the City's ability to function. I've never seen morale this low, all proactive management has gone out the window, and my particular office has covid running through every section without any official announcements.

I'm not sure swagger is the right policy choice to course correct, but what do I know?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The brain drain of young professionals from city service combined with everyone retiring the second they're eligible is going to seriously damage the City's ability to function. I've never seen morale this low, all proactive management has gone out the window, and my particular office has covid running through every section without any official announcements.

I'm not sure swagger is the right policy choice to course correct, but what do I know?

What's the city and even the state to do when the attitude all the way to the President seems to be "Well, we triedwon't even try"? :smith:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the city and even the state to do when the attitude all the way to the President seems to be "Well, we triedwon't even try"? :smith:

I'm not sure there's anything they could do to solve the problems my division are facing, but making the appearance of trying would go far. As it is, the general feeling is there's no one steering the ship, just listlessly drifting asea. We've had four commissioners in the last year, plus numerous leadership changes at all levels, and no one seems interested in actually addressing the problems we're facing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I'm not sure there's anything they could do to solve the problems my division are facing, but making the appearance of trying would go far. As it is, the general feeling is there's no one steering the ship, just listlessly drifting asea. We've had four commissioners in the last year, plus numerous leadership changes at all levels, and no one seems interested in actually addressing the problems we're facing.

I'm less justifying them and more feeling bummed out.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm less justifying them and more feeling bummed out.

Ya, me too, sorry buddy. poo poo sucks up and down right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gotta respect the hustle of the NYC mayor that wasnt really a NYC resident when he got elected and immediately gave his brother a 200k+ job.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Yeah there's a point in mid December where we just cancelled all meetings on our existing projects quietly and have shown no signs of resuming anything. Morale was fine before COVID but it's been on a continuous decline since September and at this point nobody gives a poo poo. Emails going unanswered for weeks about even basic questions e.g. vacation use type questions. I'd just say it's fully non functional.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Tulip posted:

Yeah there's a point in mid December where we just cancelled all meetings on our existing projects quietly and have shown no signs of resuming anything. Morale was fine before COVID but it's been on a continuous decline since September and at this point nobody gives a poo poo. Emails going unanswered for weeks about even basic questions e.g. vacation use type questions. I'd just say it's fully non functional.

My department isn't fully non functional because we use contracts with the private sector companies to achieve our mission and they're working. It's the stuff I need from other agencies or teams that is taking months and months without any response. Everything is a fight uphill, even more than usual, and everyone has a point where they stop giving a gently caress.

I've heard of offices where everyone was working on their resume and looking for work from the office, it's incredibly sad to actually be stuck in one.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yea we're completely internal, there's some stuff we do with federal and state stuff but lol at the idea of them being any faster. Most of my unit is old as heck so they're just riding out til retirement while the rest of us are looking at other jobs, though one person who's up for vesting in June is considering quitting before he finishes vesting he's so sick of it.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Sumbitches posted:

*contract expires, subject becomes either politically militant, suicidally depressed or both*

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
meanwhile advertising as an entire industry is continues to poo poo out completely delusionalally delirious content as if basic survival aint a daily reality

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

meanwhile advertising as an entire industry is continues to poo poo out completely delusionalally delirious content as if basic survival aint a daily reality

loved those totally rose-tinted square space ads that were all “2021 is gonna be great folks”

establish and own your online presence

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1480622286457741314?s=21

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can only hope at this point that when Adams implodes he doesn't take ranked choice voting with him

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

This is the first i’ve seen about the owner being a member of the transition team; who is it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GalacticAcid posted:

This is the first i’ve seen about the owner being a member of the transition team; who is it?

https://twitter.com/annia/status/1480340079361019913?s=20

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miss me yet? :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no wilhelm you suck too

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
In all seriousness, though, again, I'm so sorry downstaters that you have to deal with this goon. All we've got is county execs getting raises while under indictment for stealing campaign funds.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

grazie

here’s the source link too if anybody’s curious -
https://whoownswhat.justfix.nyc/en/address/BRONX/333/EAST%20181%20STREET

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

haveblue posted:

I can only hope at this point that when Adams implodes he doesn't take ranked choice voting with him

What does ranked choice voting even matter if you'll only be allowed 5 poo poo choices.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

love to see Adams going with “close the door” when the building complaints list includes DOOR — Broken/Missing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Akratic Method posted:

love to see Adams going with “close the door” when the building complaints list includes DOOR — Broken/Missing

or door-not self close

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm jealous of those of you who are repped by Niou, she seems pretty solid.
https://twitter.com/yuhline/status/1481040461494161414

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Killjoy posted:

loved those totally rose-tinted square space ads that were all “2021 is gonna be great folks”

at the moment starving dirt prisoner is winning

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Justice is servedGolden parachute is deployed for Cuomo's crony, the SUNY Chancellor who recently resigned in disgrace.

quote:

The state university system has finalized its exit agreement with former SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras.

Malatras has been granted a yearlong “study-leave” with SUNY, drawing a salary of $450,000 with benefits, including eligibility with the state retirement system.

Afterward, he’ll take on a tenured faculty position at Empire State College with a starting salary of $186,660 annually, according to the separation agreement signed by both parties on Jan. 16, two days after Malatras resigned the top leadership post.

“After a thorough review by outside counsel, the SUNY Board of Trustees have resolved and fulfilled its contractual obligations to former Chancellor Dr. Jim Malatras,” SUNY spokesman Leo Morales said in a statement on Wednesday. “We believe this resolution is fair and equitable.”

Under the agreement, Malatras will be required to perform “specific projects” and submit written progress reports to his supervisor. He will be able to select an off-campus site of his choosing to fulfill that work. And during study leave, he also will require permission to take on outside employment.

During his "study leave," Malatras will work on federal, state, law, education and fiscal policy issues, according to the agreement, as well as research and other policy issues on timely topics as needed. Malatras will also mentor students at Empire State College or other campuses.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Cuomo to face no legal consequences for being a creep

quote:

After a thorough review of the available evidence and applicable law, the Oswego County District Attorney’s Office has concluded that there is not a sufficient legal basis to bring criminal charges against former-Governor Andrew Cuomo based upon the allegations of unwanted physical contact made by Virginia Limmiatis," Oakes said in a statement. "To be clear, this decision is based solely upon an assessment of the law and whether the People can establish a legally sufficient case under controlling precedent."

Oakes in his statement also praised Limmiatis for coming forward with the initial allegation.

"After watching her prior testimony and talking with her, I found her to be reliable and reasonable, seemingly motivated only by an earnest desire to do the right thing, and she was plainly upset by her interaction with then Governor Cuomo as she expressed immediately to friends and family," he said. "Knowing that the then-Governor would use his bully-pulpit to deny the allegations and perhaps attempt to discredit her, she nevertheless stepped forward to tell her truth during the Attorney General’s investigation. She has further made herself available to my office. I commend her bravery and respect her courage."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So the only lesson anyone is going to take from this is that it's a mistake to voluntarily resign

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

haveblue posted:

So the only lesson anyone is going to take from this is that it's a mistake to voluntarily resign

Yes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

haveblue posted:

Depends - does your resignation come with a cushy golden parachute and/or sinecure somewhere else? If so, resign away! Take a load off!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

gently caress I hate that.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I hate it too, and we're almost definitely going to see him run for revenge again with support from the state party. Not enough of his people have been chased out, and Jay Jacobs was making excuses for him even in his response to the resignation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's going to run for President.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
That loving rear end in a top hat butt kisser Malatras. Real tenured faculty are not amused that he's starting at more than twice what some full professors make and will be doing jack poo poo.

I'm glad that dickhead is out but what a transparent garbage fire.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Starting to skim the new redistricting plans. This seems like a good interactive way of looking at the proposal that just passed the Assembly. Happy to see that Albany is finally contained within a single Assembly district, not sure what I feel about Troy being cut away from Albany on the state Senate level.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1491933063886090241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CANCEL CULTURE