Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kupp 1 vote lol gently caress off with the MVP award

poo poo, I expected it to be bad but not that bad. The last time a receiver got any votes was rookie Randy Moss in 1998, and he at least got 4.

DariusLikewise posted:

I want to meet the person that voted for Cooper Kupp and shake their hand

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1492117911221145601?t=K5R-EHi1vmrOUOkHbiI-KQ&s=19

When Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare come back with the ransom money as planned

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Is it wrong of me to think Hester would have had a better career/gotten into the HOF sooner/possibly at all if he hadn't been a Bear?

Ask Bengals fans about whether the team someone played on affects their HoF chances...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol imagine thinking kupp was deserving of even a single mvp vote

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1492117911221145601?t=K5R-EHi1vmrOUOkHbiI-KQ&s=19

When Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare come back with the ransom money as planned

I can't decide if I want Qaron to end up in the wood chipper or dragged out of a motel room in his underpants.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not going to lie a pretty significant part of me was hoping the Bengals would get blanked for every yearly award just so they could ride that chip into the super bowl.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I am familiar with your position on this but I honestly don't see Burrow as a "chip on his shoulder" type, he seems too used to just performing well regardless

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm just posting Herbert content so Ross doesn't have to.
https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1491932025179148292

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

I am familiar with your position on this but I honestly don't see Burrow as a "chip on his shoulder" type, he seems too used to just performing well regardless

Wink talked poo poo in one Tuesday media session and now he lives in a different state.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Derek Carr robbed of the MVP. No idea how he got 0 votes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hester returning the Super Bowl kickoff was god drat electric.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
congratulations aaron on your fourth "second or third best qb this year" award

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Dave posted:

Hester returning the Super Bowl kickoff was god drat electric.

It was nice thinking that the Bears had a chance to win for about 15 seconds.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

go for a stroll posted:

congratulations aaron on your fourth "second or third best qb this year" award

What MVP is literally the only award that matters for an individual player

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Stafford better who cares

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The MVP award is now the Int % award.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The MVP award is now the Int % award.
Yeah its a joke now. They should have a Tom Brady "QB of the year" award then have unbiased MVP voting.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah its a joke now. They should have a Tom Brady "QB of the year" award then have unbiased MVP voting.

I mean it goes without saying that I think Brady should have won but I think Burrow or even Mahomes had a better case than freaking Rodgers. Stafford did too until the final month when he started throwing a pick six every game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rodgers's case is outrageously clear and way clearer than Burrow's or Mahomes's unless you wanted voters to DQ him for the vax debacle.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cocaine is Abel posted:

Stafford better who cares

lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Stafford’s been a top 8 qb once in his career

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean it goes without saying that I think Brady should have won but I think Burrow or even Mahomes had a better case than freaking Rodgers. Stafford did too until the final month when he started throwing a pick six every game.

"I don't like Aaron Rodgers for personal reasons" is a shorter sentence

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Joe Burrow played very well but it was not an MVP year. I think he can challenge for one in the next couple years though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Why would you want 2 qb only awards?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Change MVP and O/DPOTY awards into these 6, and name them after players, because the IF7 award sounds way less descriptive then just calling it the Butkus,

QB award
Skill Player award
OL award

Edge award
Secondary award
Interior front 7 award

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why would you want 2 qb only awards?

Same argument as Cy Young in baseball - the job of a QB is so distinct from the job of everyone else on the offense, so they should in some way be evaluated separately.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fsif posted:

Rodgers's case is outrageously clear and way clearer than Burrow's or Mahomes's unless you wanted voters to DQ him for the vax debacle.

I do yes.

Also he lost in the playoffs to a team that only scored points on special teams.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I do yes.

Also he lost in the playoffs to a team that only scored on special teams.

That's fine but then Shim should say as much instead of implying his actual on-field performance wasn't up to snuff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The MVP should be the best quarterback. With changes to the sport, it is literally the only position that matters, quarterback play can single handedly make a limited team good or make a really good team lovely, it doesn't really matter who else is on the team when no one runs the ball and it is illegal to defend wide receivers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fsif posted:

The Packers literally lost a game because he lied and violated protocol, how is that not an on field issue and not enough to impact his case?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

The Packers literally lost a game because he lied and violated protocol, how is that not an on field issue and not enough to impact his case?

So he is so good and valuable that him being out resulted in an auto loss and was able to get his team the 1 seed with the handicap?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stable geniuses unite

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/02/10/antonio-brown-new-president-ye-donda-sports?utm_source=reddit.com

quote:

Free-agent wide receiver Antonio Brown has taken on the role of president of Ye's Donda Sports organization.

Brown announced the news in an Instagram post, which included an invoice for a $2.1 million suite at the Super Bowl that will be “for the kids.”

Since Brown was released by the Buccaneers for his bizarre exit from the field in the middle of a game back in January, he has been spending a lot of time with Ye while working for the Donda Sports brand.

Donda Sports was founded by the hip-hop artist and business mogul. It will “encompass athlete representation” and be “a full-service sports brand including apparel, sneakers and much more.”

Brown has had an interesting the last few years both on and off the field, since leaving the Steelers. He is not the receiver he once was at his peak and now has considerable off-field baggage he did not have earlier in his career.

It remains to be seen whether Brown will suit up for another NFL team next year or beyond.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fsif posted:

That's fine but then Shim should say as much instead of implying his actual on-field performance wasn't up to snuff.

It was his consistently efficient effort that inevitably falls apart in the playoffs every year but unfortunately the voting is done prior to that.

For the record he 100% deserved the award last year. Last season was probably the best of his career unless you’d rather choose 2011 which fine.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's a joke Richard Seymour got in. A really dumb joke. The HoF voters are blisteringly stupid.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MJeff posted:

I mean this quite literally indicates, specifically, his value.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rogers had a really good regular season and he no question deserved it given that it’s voted on prior to the playoffs. However it is very funny given how unceremoniously he and the packers got dumped after only scoring 10 points.

Change the name to “Best Regular Season Stats QB.”

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe will be Superbowl MVP which is what really matters

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I mean this quite literally indicates, specifically, his value.

Really dumb people (probably Florio) floated the idea that Manning deserved to win 2011 MVP because the Colts went 2-14 without him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's a regular season award. They all are. They always have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doltos posted:

It's a joke Richard Seymour got in. A really dumb joke. The HoF voters are blisteringly stupid.

I support a small hall meaning let’s remove like half the 70s Steelers.