Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I just started playing xcom 2 again to celebrate vegan big tata snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

I hope space snake mistakes Paul for a pumpkin and eats him

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I like how billy had a chaingun and everyone sitting at waist level got shot at

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In the sneak preview for next week's episode, there's a very brief shot at the end where Father opens and closes the door to the room with the ornate android skeleton and the goddamn thing is floating 6 feet off the ground and is emitting a massive amount of light.

I predict that Space Snake will smell berries growing out of the goddamn thing and eat it before the season is done.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Mother asserting dominance by ordering her child to eat her husband's new kid.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Pumpkin snake is gonna turn evil once it leaves the range of the Sol jammer of the tropical area, mark my words.

Also, gonna see if I can find some pumpkin in the store today. I'm so hungry for pumpkin for some reason.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after the appearance of Chainsaw Robot i'm expecting a guest spot by Psycho Goreman.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

uber_stoat posted:

after the appearance of Chainsaw Robot i'm expecting a guest spot by Psycho Goreman.

he came to kepler in search of hunky boys

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CODChimera posted:

i don't want answers, i want more chainsaw robots, monsters and ancient androids brought back to life.

:same:

That other dude complaining can get bent, what a boring, microbrained take. Give me Dadbot having an affair with a million year old android corpse covered in gnarly fungus and his precious milk before joining Fight Club and beating the poo poo out of some Hobo With A Shotgun Plague reject while Campion flirts with an android girl and hangs out feeding pumpkins to his chill snek brother.

I felt so bad for Medic Lady (I still can't remember her loving name) just wanting to get some sleep only for the AI to keep turning the lights on and demand she go to work RIGHT NOW. loving computer brain motherfucker.

I really wish Lamia would get a new set of eyes though, I miss her soaring majestically through the air, screaming at things till they explode.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Speculation spoilers I'll be hooting and hollering when we get a Cain/Able between snek/robot in the season finale. Personally, I'm putting my money on the snek

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bait squad! Bait squad!

The cgi is still pretty piss poor.

Paul is still the worst.

Gonz posted:

WHO RUN BARTERBILLYTOWN?

Hell yea I loved Billytown. "Get em pops"

Despera posted:

I like how billy had a chaingun and everyone sitting at waist level got shot at

I loved that it actually showed the crowd in danger for once.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Speculation spoilers I'll be hooting and hollering when we get a Cain/Able between snek/robot in the season finale. Personally, I'm putting my money on the snek

Snek vs mouse :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly don't think the CG on the tanks is even bad, it's just such a weird design it screws with people imo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly don't think the CG on the tanks is even bad, it's just such a weird design it screws with people imo.

The CGI when mother went to pet the snake at the top of the mountain was pretty noticeable

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They probably have to cut corners a bit on the CGI because they spend 50% of the show’s total budget on milk blood.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The CGI when mother went to pet the snake at the top of the mountain was pretty noticeable

Sure seems like they're stretching the budget this season. Maybe having the snake in every episode is adding up. Snake is usually obscured by fog or darkness, and the last episode sure didn't want you to see the part of the tank closest to the ground.

Don't really care though, I love the overall look of the show so I'm willing to ignore the occasional bad CGI.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
think they cancel it after this season? not sure how popular the show, i barely hear anything about it elsewhere.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Snake turning out to be a huge goon that sits in a cave all day munching on pumpkins is such masterful plot twist. S1 finale build it up as the villain

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

think they cancel it after this season? not sure how popular the show, i barely hear anything about it elsewhere.

I feel like it captures 100% of the audience it is targeting. Whether that is enough is a different question. Late 30s-mid 50s scifi geeks is niche but given modern media fragmentation it isn't that niche, just not advertiser-friendly.

I like the thesis/antithesis duality of blood vs fuel blood with the snek being the synthesis. Mother embraces life and synthesis. Father embraces death and fuel blood.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The dust from when Father dropped chain bot was also shockingly bad

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The writing in this show is so on the nose, I love it

“Dad you were going to blow up the Mithraists, does that mean you want to blow us up too”

“No”

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Also absolutely wild to see Mother climbing Halo Infinite. Guess she doesn’t get a grappleshot :(

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Mother just stopping to T-pose halfway up the mountain might be my favorite moment of the season so far.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Sentinel Red posted:

That other dude complaining can get bent, what a boring, microbrained take. Give me Dadbot having an affair with a million year old android corpse covered in gnarly fungus and his precious milk before joining Fight Club and beating the poo poo out of some Hobo With A Shotgun Plague reject while Campion flirts with an android girl and hangs out feeding pumpkins to his chill snek brother.

Yes. Ha ha yes, sickos, etc.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Mother just stopping to T-pose halfway up the mountain might be my favorite moment of the season so far.

And then Marcus T Posing with the snake skin with her power slowly filling him.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I wondered which would break first…your costume or your vfx budget

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Admittedly, I watch this show when I'm either working so my attention is divided or I'm half in the tank but tonight I'm enjoying the game of starting with the most recent episode until I go "what the gently caress, when did that happen?" and go back an episode. I have to pass the point where I see the scene that contextualizes my first "what the gently caress" but then next "what the gently caress" I have to go back. It's not even 7 o'clock and I'm deep in S1, essentially watching the series in memento-order.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Fun episode overall, Father beating up AshBilly was great. I hope he gets to keep the accessories.

Sentinel Red posted:

I felt so bad for Medic Lady (I still can't remember her loving name) just wanting to get some sleep only for the AI to keep turning the lights on and demand she go to work RIGHT NOW. loving computer brain motherfucker.

Her name is Sue, wife of Marcus. Marycus Sue did a great job of outclimbing Mother this episode, and his snakeskin doubles as a solar panel.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I really want Father and Billy to team up, they should be friends, workers should unite

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

S3 will take place entirely within the cave church :v:

Budget: saved!

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
I love how exasperated the kids are at father getting head-impaled.

DAD'S DEAD.. AGAIN :rolleyes:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Every word
Every scene
Every shot
Every thing

Is insanity

This show. What the gently caress. You can’t predict anything.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love my vegetarian space noodle

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

acksplode posted:

Sure seems like they're stretching the budget this season. Maybe having the snake in every episode is adding up. Snake is usually obscured by fog or darkness, and the last episode sure didn't want you to see the part of the tank closest to the ground.

Don't really care though, I love the overall look of the show so I'm willing to ignore the occasional bad CGI.

This show probably has a much lower budget than you'd think. While there is a bunch of CGI, the cast are relative unknowns, there are a surprising number of stage scenes, there aren't a ton of crowd shots (also SA bg have to be even cheaper than Atlanta/Louisiana) and shooting in South Africa is probably very cheap in general. Looking it up, their max tax credit is $3.7m at 25%. $14m for the BTL shooting crew over eight episodes plus $10m for post and $10m for cast would make it a very cheap show for what it gets done.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Plus its a generic space opera that can appeal to pretty much every country

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I learned something new and exciting from this episode, which is that herbivore is pronounced with a silent H in American English. I knew herb was pronounced that way but wouldn't have realised it extended to herbivore.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

UltraShame posted:

I love how exasperated the kids are at father getting head-impaled.

DAD'S DEAD.. AGAIN :rolleyes:

lmao

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Rinkles posted:

Doesn’t help that the new series is not even out in the UK yet. Sure way to harm ratings and hype and word of mouth in a global market is to make sure noone outside the US can even watch it legally.

Same thing happened with Counterpart. Spectacularly great show on a channel that no one has heard of, no one can watch without subscribing especially, and released 6 months+ late outside the US.

More of the premium cable channels need to sell their good shows to the main broadcast TV networks outside the US so that people actually see them and then might consider paying in future over Netflix/ Amazon. Literally no one has seen any show on Starz or HBO Max I’ve asked about in the UK.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

wooger posted:

Doesn’t help that the new series is not even out in the UK yet. Sure way to harm ratings and hype and word of mouth in a global market is to make sure noone outside the US can even watch it legally.

Same thing happened with Counterpart. Spectacularly great show on a channel that no one has heard of, no one can watch without subscribing especially, and released 6 months+ late outside the US.

More of the premium cable channels need to sell their good shows to the main broadcast TV networks outside the US so that people actually see them and then might consider paying in future over Netflix/ Amazon. Literally no one has seen any show on Starz or HBO Max I’ve asked about in the UK.

It's out in Sweden

Maybe the UK just... sucks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
And Just Like That... is getting a second season so anything is possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Awkward rear end robots.