Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Brian Urlacher is Zach Thomas is Chris Spielman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
America loves a Tough Gritty Large White Linebacker Who Doesn’t Give Up

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Urlacher wasn't like those linebackers. In fact, he was criticized a lot for his lack of toughness inside.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
He had a barbed wire bicep tattoo plz respect him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1492242012170452993?s=20&t=BkLfds3MKX-rgr8jriGCvA

Its Kendall Blanton time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sucks about Higbee.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a low-key big loss. What Uzomah's status for Cincy?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1492231922407251970?s=20&t=kKQTIvuJSPJkMSUEylwMVw

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He ripped off his brace at the pep rally. Status: GOING HARD

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That feels like the set up for a career ending injury on the 4th snap of the game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
congratulations to pitcher Joe Blanton for making it to the superbowl

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm ready for the big game, are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMNHH4clmP0&t=81s

Still more tackling in this then in the pro bowl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I'm ready for the big game, are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMNHH4clmP0&t=81s

Still more tackling in this then in the pro bowl

drat she nearly faceplanted

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im seeing a lot of Bengals gear around Brooklyn... not used to this

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

there are somehow a ton of bengals fans in nyc. that place phoebe’s on bowery turns into little cincinnati every football sunday. cannot imagine what it’ll be like this sunday. one of the more dedicated and spirited football bars for any football team in all of nyc.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Ooh-wah, ooh-wah, cool-cool kitty
Tell us about the Bengals from New York City

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We the fans should be in the Hall.
The last time this happened well it didn't work out so well.

That's how we got X-Factor.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

First hit on google resulted in this list of elligible players for 2023.

S Kam Chancellor
OL Jahri Evans
RB Matt Forte
EDGE Dwight Freeney
EDGE James Harrison
RB Chris Johnson
QB Carson Palmer
CB Darrelle Revis
OL Joe Thomas

That is one hell of a lot of list padding.

Joe Thomas is an absolute lock, and Dwight Freeney should get a lot of consideration too. I don't think any of the others are likely to go in next year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fartknocker posted:

Joe Thomas is an absolute lock, and Dwight Freeney should get a lot of consideration too. I don't think any of the others are likely to go in next year.

Revis?

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Revis should be first ballot. Harrison should get in but I bet it will take a few years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Has 4 1st team all pros, an all decade team, a ring and is one of the greatest of all time at the bank. Easy hall of famer.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Revis should be a first ballot even if his peak was shorter than people remember. Joe Thomas is a slam dunk. Honestly forgot Dwight freeney played that long but he'll get in eventually. I will entertain an argument for James Harrison getting in on his first try. Everyone else is prob not getting in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I predict that whoever gets more pressure on the QB will win the game.

This favors the Rams on paper.

But boy howdy am I rooting for Joe Cool.

Also I am rooting for Tom Brady to come out of retirement, sign with the Packers, and win the Super Bowl next year. Can't think of anything funnier.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 12, 2022

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

I predict that whoever gets more pressure on the QB will win the game.

This favors the Rams on paper.

But boy howdy am I rooting for Joe Cool.

Also I am rooting for Tom Brady to come out of retirement, sign with the Packers, and win the Super Bowl next year. Can't think of anything funnier.

Tom comes out of retirement for the Packers but only runs a play out of the wildcat once per drive.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Never really thought of Carson Palmer as a HOFer. Should I? I really don't think I should.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Never really thought of Carson Palmer as a HOFer. Should I? I really don't think I should.

Absolutely not.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

abelwingnut posted:

there are somehow a ton of bengals fans in nyc. that place phoebe’s on bowery turns into little cincinnati every football sunday. cannot imagine what it’ll be like this sunday. one of the more dedicated and spirited football bars for any football team in all of nyc.

I read an article about them and for the Titans game I think there was a two block line to get in and they talked to neighboring bars for overflow?

But in park slope where I am I went for a quick jaunt to the store and saw three bengals afc champions sweaters and hats which is more bengals gear than I’ve seen in the past 11 years hear.

However it also means they bought this gear in the past two weeks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Hall of what if? considering all of the BS that went down during his career. I'll listen to that. HoF yeah, no.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Leroy Butler should've gotten defensive player of the year in 1996

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

brb dreaming of the world where gettleman gave up a first for joe thomas before the deadline in 2015

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe thomas's hidden ability was holding a team out of the playoffs. shouldn't be done

pasaluki posted:

Ooh-wah, ooh-wah, cool-cool kitty
Tell us about the Bengals from New York City

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

brb dreaming of the world where gettleman gave up a first for joe thomas before the deadline in 2015

Joe is a weird dude

https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/1035180437729992704?s=20&t=rpbA4bUqpAU0WDC0YnrtMg

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

He can visit it, along with Romo and Rivers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in terms of significant quarterbacks of the true modern era, matt ryan is the afterbirth of that 04 qb class nexus and carson palmer was the pre-can't say word.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chucktesla posted:

Revis should be a first ballot even if his peak was shorter than people remember. Joe Thomas is a slam dunk. Honestly forgot Dwight freeney played that long but he'll get in eventually. I will entertain an argument for James Harrison getting in on his first try. Everyone else is prob not getting in

I’d have no problem with Revis going in first ballot, but I think the voters might hold all his contract stuff (The hold outs and whatnot) against him for a year or so, or forget how dominant he was. I think Freeney has a slightly better chance with the voters since he played for so long, was still pretty solid just as pass rusher later in his career, and his spin move was so iconic for years.

Lol I’d never seen that before

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fsif posted:

No especially after what he just said about Burrow!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do you think Freeney ever had to come out for a play cause he was dizzy

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fartknocker posted:

I think Freeney has a slightly better chance with the voters since he played for so long, was still pretty solid just as pass rusher later in his career, and his spin move was so iconic for years.

I think it’s be surprising if Freeney was first ballot given Allen and Ware are now both waiting to get it in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should put all the famous players in there. prove me wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jim brown, lawrence taylor, dan marino, walter payton, dick butkus, oj simpson, brett favre. they've all been in films and/or tv, and they should be in the hall of fame.