Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Freeney was a dominant pass rusher and will make the hall, but probably not on the first ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

jim brown, lawrence taylor, dan marino, walter payton, dick butkus, oj simpson, brett favre. they've all been in films and/or tv, and they should be in the hall of fame.

Name one time, just one time, that Dan Marino was in film or tv.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021

Cavauro posted:

jim brown, lawrence taylor, dan marino, walter payton, dick butkus, oj simpson, brett favre. they've all been in films and/or tv, and they should be in the hall of fame.

Alex Karras was held out for years because he punched a horse

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there used to be a television station dedicated to this. dan marino appeared in the music video for "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish. he also appeared in a film. But I will respect your wish

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Cocaine is Abel posted:

Alex Karras was held out for years because he punched a horse

I mean Elway has a lot of sway so it is understandable.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

there used to be a television station dedicated to this. dan marino appeared in the music video for "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish. he also appeared in a film. But I will respect your wish

gently caress!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

Zach Thomas isn't a hall of famer lmao get him off the ballot

Cord brain smdh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh no

https://twitter.com/ayofreeze/status/1492289062295814155?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Everybody had a stat padding violent LB that played ten years around that time. Lewis was the pinnacle of the form so he gets the nod. Urlacher shouldn't have made the hall but he had great PR. The gap between the Sam Mills, Zach Thomas, and Daryl Smiths of the world just isn't that large to my eyes.

And yet one of the three has noticeably more awards. To me, feels like it’s that simple.

Thomas has 7 all pros. That’s more than Smith and Mills combined. But i can understand the argument against because he wasn’t absolutely dominant and it’s been a long time. Voters just seem to hate him.

Thomas was a really incredible defensive leader moreso than a tackle machine, even mentioned repeatedly by Peyton Manning as the smartest linebacker he’s faced. Maybe he’ll get in next year. We can hope I suppose.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 12, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

zach thomas was the joe thomas of thomases. Allow me to start over

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Besides Ace Ventura?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

Besides Ace Ventura?

Bad boys 2!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96W0JIpjht4

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Revis holding out a year after he signed a new contract or whatever it was was loving hilarious.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I want Kam Chancellor to be a HoF but I think he's probably Hall of Very Good, and wasn't the best player on the legion of boom, at least compared to Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman.

But considering the other 3 members of the LoB are 1. A guy who nearly got shot by his wife because he had an orgy with his brother, 2. A guy who had his domestic violence incident aired publicly, and 3. A guy serving a prison sentence for attempted murder, Kam is doing alright.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Apparently if any off-field issues get brought during Hall of Fame voter meetings the head of the committee immediately stops the meeting, strikes the comments and every takes a break and is told to forget everything. It's strictly football-only discussion for the HOF.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

DariusLikewise posted:

Apparently if any off-field issues get brought during Hall of Fame voter meetings the head of the committee immediately stops the meeting, strikes the comments and every takes a break and is told to forget everything. It's strictly football-only discussion for the HOF.

What a dreamland. Can we adopt the same for Hitler discussions here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BrownThunder posted:

What a dreamland. Can we adopt the same for Hitler discussions here

Let's bring up some poo poo that's been mocked and dropped. Good lord don't let us move on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't stand mocks. miss me with that shingus (funny word for shint)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How about drops? Remember when Jamaar Chase was doomed to fail because he couldn't catch an NFL ball. Fun times.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obviously the NFL Hall of Fame needs a Character Clause like the baseball hall of fame so as to keep such a sacred cathedral of sport pure

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ja'marr chase drops a lot of nfl footballs to this day. it might happen in the super bowl. if it does then i won't say anything mean but i think people around here would.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

How about drops? Remember when Jamaar Chase was doomed to fail because he couldn't catch an NFL ball. Fun times.

It was because of the lack of stripes on the ball obviously

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

I want Kam Chancellor to be a HoF but I think he's probably Hall of Very Good, and wasn't the best player on the legion of boom, at least compared to Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman.

But considering the other 3 members of the LoB are 1. A guy who nearly got shot by his wife because he had an orgy with his brother, 2. A guy who had his domestic violence incident aired publicly, and 3. A guy serving a prison sentence for attempted murder, Kam is doing alright.

You totally just summarized my opinion on the whole thing. Kam was a great player but probably not HOF worthy and the more impactful players around him were loving messes that didn't last.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

He was in that awful Hootie and the Blowfish video

Chris Berman too

https://youtu.be/Ln6WQqRDrCo

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 12, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

well technically he appeared on TV quite often between 1983 and 1999, sometimes up to once a week, often on primetime

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What quarterback has been on TV/movies the most? Gotta be Terry Bradshaw and then Peyton Manning, right?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

What quarterback has been on TV/movies the most? Gotta be Terry Bradshaw and then Peyton Manning, right?

Brett Favre

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Freeney was a dominant pass rusher and will make the hall, but probably not on the first ballot.

As long as his video is just him spin moving the corn stock on repeat.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Joe Namath has to be up there since he was doing commercials for pantyhose while he was playing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Who was the poster that got pissed off because Saints fans put Mardi Gras beads on Sam Mills' statue?

Was that you?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

um Ace Ventura Pet Detective mother fucker???

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Also Little Nicky.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Who was the poster that got pissed off because Saints fans put Mardi Gras beads on Sam Mills' statue?

Was that you?

No

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

fartknocker posted:

Joe Namath has to be up there since he was doing commercials for pantyhose while he was playing.

Joe Namath has some scammy Medicare-related commercials that air like a million times a day on INSP and MeTV. The sheer frequency with which they air probably makes him #1.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Why am I expected to know who this is?

EDIt: Oh :lol:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The owner of the Panthers' wife.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why am I expected to know who this is?

EDIt: Oh :lol:

I’m guessing she’s related to the owner but I didn’t hear him say anything that would lead me to that conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Namath is awesome and a gem in our little community here in Tequesta