Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

counterpoint

(it's difficult to remove the pile and keep the pile...)

The 'add noise' tool is really useful

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Tunicate posted:

The ape on the phone is :kiss:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tunicate posted:

I'm doing everything on the PhotoLayers app these days, and that's probably not how I should live my life

much better hand and phone

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I feel like there's the beginning of a glorious Photoshop thread to be had here.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

do judges / court rooms normally try to respect divorcees dividing up goods?

I feel like if it was something else like dumb plates, they would have given a table, but with bean babies they just emptied the box on the floor and shouted "share! now!"

Sometimes you gotta do that with children.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I feel like there's the beginning of a glorious Photoshop thread to be had here.

I think you have a point. I'll make a the thread.

e:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993394&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 12, 2022

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

cYn posted:

I worked with him on a video game, lovely man, sorry opposite of schade.

You have to be careful about British people. Even when they seem likable there’s a good chance they’re a nonce or a terf

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

You have to be careful about British people. Even when they seem likable there’s a good chance they’re a nonce or a terf

TERF stuff is predominately women in the UK because of how their feminist movement has historically gone. It’s a relatively small number of men who fall for it. Brian May of Queen publicly said that he supports trans people when a tabloid made up quotes for him.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So nonces then

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

:dance:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

TERF stuff is predominately women in the UK because of how their feminist movement has historically gone. It’s a relatively small number of men who fall for it. Brian May of Queen publicly said that he supports trans people when a tabloid made up quotes for him.

UK TERFs just loving love to try to pretend that everyone agrees with them. And thus they see nothing wrong with making up quotes. They did it to Pratchett too. If a TERF says someone supports them, always double check.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Unnngggh I love it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nobody was going to buy that Terry Pratchett was a TERF given the way he wrote the Dwarven race.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nobody was going to buy that Terry Pratchett was a TERF given the way he wrote the Dwarven race.

I was gonna say, how out to lunch do you have to be to claim Terry loving Pratchett as a TERF? "Tell me you've never read a Discworld book without saying you've never read a Discworld book."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I was gonna say, how out to lunch do you have to be to claim Terry loving Pratchett as a TERF? "Tell me you've never read a Discworld book without saying you've never read a Discworld book."

At least one of them tried to tell his own daughter that she didn’t know what he really thought.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TERFs did. They argued with his daughter about it. Same with transpeople who had very positive experiences with him. They really firmly believe that everyone feels the way they do but the "woke" mob is keeping them from speaking up. They are dangerously hosed in the head.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Or, idk, the entire plot of Monstrous Regiment?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I've never read any author who better managed to write so beautifully the idea that who you are is not what you were born.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
But a FLAT world on a disc? Clearly a massive chud. I hear the librarian is even descbribed as a "large orange creature" in the books, clearly an allusion to TRUMP. Yep, guys clearly a chud.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Both of these people are terrible.

https://twitter.com/0xLordBr/status/1492728650596499458?s=20&t=ogOpZGkGD9PblcWFdQAHjw

Watch to the end for the Karma.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Or, idk, the entire plot of Monstrous Regiment?

It took me reading r/Tumblr of all places for me to realize that Maladict is trans instead of simply cross-dressing like the other girls :smithicide: This is because I am a moron, and since TERFs are even bigger morons, it's perfectly understandable (though sure as hell not forgivable) that they missed it.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 13, 2022

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Comstar posted:

https://twitter.com/0xLordBr/status/1492728650596499458?s=20&t=ogOpZGkGD9PblcWFdQAHjw

A Canadian pro-Trump, pro-covid RWNJ? No thanks, I'll pass

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Comstar posted:

elevated quickly

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

CommissarMega posted:

It took me reading r/Tumblr of all places for me to realize that Maladict is trans instead of simply cross-dressing like the other girls :smithicide: This is because I am a moron, and since TERFs are even bigger morons, it's perfectly understandable (though sure as hell not forgivable) that they missed it.

Wait, what?

Can you please explain? Because I too am a moron.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wingnut Ninja posted:

You have to be a TERF. That puts you so far out to lunch you're no longer in the restaurant.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Brian Blessed is one of those people who was born in Britain by mistake.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

cYn posted:

I worked with him on a video game, lovely man, sorry opposite of schade.

the why does his sweater say "Anger Service" on it??

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

the why does his sweater say "Anger Service" on it??

Who else would be better suited to be the Angry Yelling Guy in that Monty Python skit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k&t=9s

e:
Part 2 of NewEgg Scam Saga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-eB_Bv5Ik

GamersNexus opens the box they originally returned, found that the motherboard did in fact have bent pins, but also found an RMA sticker between NewEgg themselves and GigaByte. GamersNexus called GigaByte for the RMA status and found that NewEgg had been informed of the damage, been given the option to pay to have it repaired, refused that offer and just turned around and sold a known-damaged product for near full price then tried to scam the buyer because :capitalism:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 13, 2022

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Aussies are the worst. That's why I claim Australian but not aussie.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Omobono posted:

Wait, what?

Can you please explain? Because I too am a moron.

I may have to re-read Monstrous Regiment again, but IIRC the Tumblr screenshot I saw pointed out that Maladict is the one who gave Polly the socks she'd need to pad her trousers, implying that he needed them to 'prove' he was physically male. However, when he goes from vampire to bat swarm and back to vampire again, he retains his clothes, which seems to be something only vampire men can do. Contrast Sally von Humpeding from Thud!- she does not retain her clothes when transforming from bats to vampire again, for example. After all, the Disc runs on narrativium, and 'sexy male vampire' is a different archetype from 'sexy female vampire'.

People also like to read Maladict as non-binary/agender, since he doesn't seem comfortable with either cis male or female gender roles, and I do admit it's a valid of the character. Still, I think that taking the whole transformation thing into consideration (assuming it's not Pterry messing up his vampire lore), I have to agree with the poster that Maladict is a trans man on the whole.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BrassRoots posted:

Aussies are the worst. That's why I claim Australian but not aussie.

https://i.imgur.com/CiDbbUQ.mp4

(sound)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I can’t tell what’s different from the version posted a few posts back.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
This woman was called a karen in the previous post... but I'd like to supply some context: there was an anti-vax mandate protest in Canberra over the weekend... the national capital which is little larger than a large country town was inundated by (estimates of) ten thousand protestors....

So that said I'd just like to say that I applaud this woman's work to leave a tire track on a true karen's bonnet... (that's hood for our American friends)

:golfclap:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

I may have to re-read Monstrous Regiment again, but IIRC the Tumblr screenshot I saw pointed out that Maladict is the one who gave Polly the socks she'd need to pad her trousers, implying that he needed them to 'prove' he was physically male. However, when he goes from vampire to bat swarm and back to vampire again, he retains his clothes, which seems to be something only vampire men can do. Contrast Sally von Humpeding from Thud!- she does not retain her clothes when transforming from bats to vampire again, for example. After all, the Disc runs on narrativium, and 'sexy male vampire' is a different archetype from 'sexy female vampire'.

People also like to read Maladict as non-binary/agender, since he doesn't seem comfortable with either cis male or female gender roles, and I do admit it's a valid of the character. Still, I think that taking the whole transformation thing into consideration (assuming it's not Pterry messing up his vampire lore), I have to agree with the poster that Maladict is a trans man on the whole.

That's an interesting theory and could be true. But for the record the socks were from sarge.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Cable Guy posted:

This woman was called a karen in the previous post... but I'd like to supply some context: there was an anti-vax mandate protest in Canberra over the weekend... the national capital which is little larger than a large country town was inundated by (estimates of) ten thousand protestors....

So that said I'd just like to say that I applaud this woman's work to leave a tire track on a true karen's bonnet... (that's hood for our American friends)

:golfclap:

So they are both cunts?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Ratjaculation posted:

So they are both cunts?
:australia:

Edit: one of them is flying the red ensign on their car... so do the maths I guess...

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 13, 2022

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

CommissarMega posted:

I don't think Pratchett is so thoroughly consistent with his lore that you can use evidence from a book that came out two years later. He probably hadn't thought of Sally's transformation problems yet. Also, as someone else mentioned, I too thought that the socks are from Sergeant Jackrum. However, I think the reading of Maladict as trans and/or non-binary is pretty good anyway; out of the whole squad, he's the most naturally comfortable presenting male, and is (I think) the only one of the recruits who doesn't ever "slip up," so to speak (he reveals his AFAB identity himself, rather than being "discovered" to be female like the others), which maybe implies that he's got practice presenting male.

I think it is pretty reasonable to argue for reading several other characters as trans/non-binary, too. For example, I definitely think that Sergeant Jackrum counts. I don't have the scene in front of me, but as I recall, when Polly is talking to Jackrum at the end of the book, Jackrum is resistant to the idea of reuniting with his estranged child, because it would mean returning to a female role as an unmarried mother. But when Polly suggests that he instead take on the role of a father, and reunite with his child as a decorated war hero, he agrees immediately and goes on to live a happy life in that role.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Boywhiz88 posted:

I can’t tell what’s different from the version posted a few posts back.

No difference, tweets weren't getting embedded for me for some reason so I didn't see it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Speaking of schad was The Watch show as bad as the trailer made it look?