Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

BoldFace posted:

Zuckerberg's Super Bowl ad:
https://youtu.be/LcmAlpIp3oM

Five Nights at Facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Prurient Squid posted:

If NFT sponsored links appear on Facebook is angry reacting a good idea or does that just make it worse?

I use the "report" button for every crypto add I see on facebook/twitter. I mark it as an illegal product / scam.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Prurient Squid posted:

If NFT sponsored links appear on Facebook is angry reacting a good idea or does that just make it worse?

The best idea is to stop using FB

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

i actually thought unfunny gimmick posting was bannable but apparently not

"Your posts aren't much better and add nothing. User loses posting privileges for 3 days."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

coelomate posted:

I use the "report" button for every crypto add I see on facebook/twitter. I mark it as an illegal product / scam.

sounds like you love engaging with Zuckbook when you get a butt ad. please have more butt ads. beep boop I am a very smart ad algorithm

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

So that gold cube in Central Park Was to just get some publicity for a cryptocurrency ?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7062028528828566830

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Prurient Squid posted:

telling Facebook that you looked at an ad is a great way to make sure you see a million more of those ads

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Prurient Squid posted:

Just delete ur account already

But also

coelomate posted:

This is something I do on Instagram with every crypto related dm/ad I see.

Yes I know Facebook owns insta

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Debate and/or Discuss:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

Debate and/or Discuss:

if it works, more power to 'em

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Prurient Squid posted:

Advertisers are extremely hip to the fact that, while people enjoy cute/funny content and rally around sad/inspirational content, it's the anger-inducing content that keeps users on a site for much longer than any other emotional response.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

telling Facebook that you looked at an ad is a great way to make sure you see a million more of those ads

I do that with some company that sells overpriced magnet USB cables that appear identical to the Chinese ones I stocked up on for a fraction of the price. I like to check on their prices sometimes and admire the brazen scammery they're engaging in, while simultaneously loving up their algorithm because I will actually steer people away from them.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Space Fish posted:

Advertisers are extremely hip to the fact that, while people enjoy cute/funny content and rally around sad/inspirational content, it's the anger-inducing content that keeps users on a site for much longer than any other emotional response.

no they aren't

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Debate and/or Discuss:

Elon Musk will double all bitcoins sent to 6e6f6d616432303230. This works on all networks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

EorayMel posted:

Debate and/or Discuss:

Seems very legit, also I have some of these to sell you people:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

Elon Musk will double all bitcoins sent to 6e6f6d616432303230. This works on all networks.

side bar: There are different bitcoin networks?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

quote:

A Timeline of Bitcoin Hard Forks
Bitcoin XT
Bitcoin XT was one of the first notable hard forks of bitcoin. The software was launched by Mike Hearn in late 2014 in order to include several new features he had proposed. While the previous version of bitcoin allowed up to seven transactions per second, Bitcoin XT aimed for 24 transactions per second. In order to accomplish this, it proposed increasing the block size from one megabyte to eight megabytes.3

Bitcoin XT initially saw success, with more than 1,000 nodes running its software in the late summer of 2015.4 However, just a few months later, the project lost user interest and was essentially abandoned by its users. Bitcoin XT is no longer available, with its original website now defunct.

Bitcoin Classic
When Bitcoin XT declined, some community members still wanted block sizes to increase. In response, a group of developers launched Bitcoin Classic in early 2016. Unlike XT, which proposed increasing the block size to eight megabytes, classic intended to increase it to only two megabytes.3

Like Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic saw initial interest, with about 2,000 nodes for several months during 2016.4 The project also still exists today, with some developers strongly supporting Bitcoin Classic. Nonetheless, the larger cryptocurrency community seems to have generally moved on to other options.

Bitcoin Unlimited
Bitcoin Unlimited has remained something of an enigma since its release in early 2016. The project's developers released code but did not specify which type of fork it would require. Bitcoin Unlimited set itself apart by allowing miners to decide on the size of their blocks, with nodes and miners limiting the size of blocks they accept, up to 16 megabytes.3

Despite some lingering interest, bitcoin unlimited has largely failed to gain acceptance.

Segregated Witness
Bitcoin Core developer Pieter Wuille presented the idea of Segregated Witness (SegWit) in late 2015. Put simply, SegWit aims to reduce the size of each bitcoin transaction, thereby allowing more transactions to take place at once. SegWit was technically a soft fork. However, it may have helped to prompt hard forks after it was originally proposed.5

Bitcoin Cash
In response to SegWit, some bitcoin developers and users decided to initiate a hard fork in order to avoid the protocol updates it brought about. Bitcoin Cash was the result of this hard fork. It split off from the main blockchain in August 2017, when Bitcoin Cash wallets rejected bitcoin transactions and blocks.

Bitcoin Cash remains the most successful hard fork of the primary cryptocurrency. As of June 2021, it is the eleventh-largest digital currency by market cap, owing in part to the backing of many prominent figures in the cryptocurrency community and many popular exchanges.6

Bitcoin Cash allows blocks of eight megabytes and did not adopt the SegWit protocol.7

Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Gold was a hard fork that followed shortly after bitcoin cash, in October 2017. The creators of this hard fork aimed to restore the mining functionality with basic graphics processing units (GPU), as they felt that mining had become too specialized in terms of equipment and hardware required.8

Although it was initially possible to mine bitcoin using personal laptops and desktop computers, the growing mining difficulty, as well as the advent of Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASICs) hardware created specifically for bitcoin mining, has made it all but impossible to profitably mine bitcoin at home using the processing speed of an individual computer. Some bitcoin forks, including Bitcoin Gold, have attempted to make bitcoin more accessible by changing the hardware necessary to establish a network connection.

One unique feature of the Bitcoin Gold hard fork was a "pre-mine," a process by which the development team mined 100,000 coins after the fork had taken place.9 Many of these coins were placed into a special "endowment," and developers have indicated that this endowment will be used to grow and finance the bitcoin gold ecosystem, with a portion of those coins being set aside as payment for developers as well.

Generally, Bitcoin Gold adheres to many of the basic principles of bitcoin. However, it differs in terms of the proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm it requires of miners.10

SegWit2x
When SegWit was implemented in August 2017, developers planned on a second component to the protocol upgrade. This addition, known as SegWit2x, would trigger a hard fork stipulating a block size of two megabytes.11

SegWit2x was slated to take place as a hard fork in November 2017. However, a number of companies and individuals in the bitcoin community that had originally backed the SegWit protocol decided to back out of the hard fork in the second component. To some extent, the backlash was a result of SegWit2x including opt-in (rather than mandatory) replay protection; this would have had a major impact on the types of transactions that the new fork would have accepted.

On November 8, 2017, the team behind SegWit2x announced that their planned hard fork had been canceled as a result of discrepancies among previous backers of the project.12

https://www.investopedia.com/tech/h...0new%20version.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/bandmankevo/status/1492609889981587462?s=21

Peak NFTbro work here. Currently shilling a set of “trillionaire thugs” jpegs.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Seems very legit, also I have some of these to sell you people:

But didn't ramdoubler actually work?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Parkingtigers posted:

Did you get that from the cursed image thread? If not it belongs there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Parkingtigers posted:

whos that guy peeken up under Elon?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the amazon guy, Beezos. aka generic bald white model number whatever.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Guessing Joe Rogan.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

they seem to be excluding hard forks of hard forks, I don't see bitcoin SV on this list

hard forks all the way down

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

BoldFace posted:

Zuckerberg's Super Bowl ad:
https://youtu.be/LcmAlpIp3oM

how is anyone supposed to find floating torsos appealing?

seriously :wtc: were they thinking?

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Bezos, Baby.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Parkingtigers posted:

I bet this was painful for the tattoo artist.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My impression is that the FBI isn't good for much more than murdering protestors and dealing drugs nowadays. Even moreso than historically.

pretty fantastic at financial crimes, the problem is

1) finding crimes rich white people care about that
2) aren't being committed by politically-connected people who can
3) either get an AG to punt or
4) frame the case in such a way that an American jury of aspirational millionaires won't have the stomach to find guilty on the serious counts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

our fawning upward class conscious makes financial crimes law enforcement extremely challenging along every. step. of. the. way.

Like, if you want a good entry point for why it seems like wealthy criminals can do anything without consequence, start with interviews with random financial crimes investigators or regulators. Half the field is libertarians who will say with a straight face that they regularly question whether they should be intervening at all, and the other half are neocons who straight up say that they shouldn't be intervening.

Remember: it is open, on-paper policy in federal law enforcement that new talent ought not be leftward of Ronald Reagan, to the point that federal agencies spend a lot of money on expensive HR consulting firms to screen for that specific ideological benchmark.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 13, 2022

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Mercury_Storm posted:

how is anyone supposed to find floating torsos appealing?

seriously :wtc: were they thinking?

Rob Leifeld must have been consulting on this one.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

4) frame the case in such a way that an American jury of aspirational millionaires won't have the stomach to find guilty on the serious counts

given how jury duty pays peanuts, and the demographic thats typically selected for. lol at juries as tool of justice.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Please don’t post spoilers for the new Batman movie.

Funny you should mention that movie...

I got a popup in my AMC app today:

quote:

What is the THE BATMAN NFT?
NFT stands for a “non-fungible token,” which is a unique and non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a digital ledger that can represent ownership of unique items, including art and other collectibles. Sixteen versions of THE BATMAN NFT will be available, with different levels of rarity.

Who is Palm NFT Studio?
Palm NFT Studio provides bespoke creative services for artists and rightsholders building on the Palm network. The Palm ecosystem features low gas costs and fast transaction finality.

https://www.amctheatres.com/giveaway/the-batman-nft

Because nothing says "masked avenger of the common people" like a digital scam token.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1492242100083212294

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

How many cryptobros are going to end up arrested for trying to hire a hit for Dan?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Zil posted:

How many cryptobros are going to end up arrested for trying to hire a hit for Dan?

Dark web FBI sting will be working overtime!

But really they probably just tweet somewhat passive aggressive mean things at him with a lot of crypto hashtags

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
One day someone will buy a nuke with crypto only to find out it's fake af when it arrives.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

One day someone will buy a nuke with crypto only to find out it's fake af when it arrives.

Surprised the north koreans haven't already exploited this market!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
no chargebacks, as intended

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

If I met this person in the wild I would punch them immediately. I used to work at an Amazon sort center, and while it's not the capitalist hell that is a fulfillment center nobody working there has any love for Jeff Bezos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PyrE posted:

Bezos, Baby.

prolly cost him six months salary to pay for that tattoo