Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/326822144233439242/941955206525108264/Snapchat-2090597594.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

i play skystriker hayate and attack your life points directly

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gently caress twitter
what a terrible site

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stairmaster posted:

What does that have to do with javdottxt

Twitter's advertisers want them to go the tumblr route and remove anything overtly sexualized, which basically includes every show title that joke Twitter posts.

So they were hit with the ban hammer.

The policy also will also include @ names, so @tiddymolestor42069 and @weedlordbonerhitler will also be gone

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I played like four hours of jump force for some reason tonight

game sucks rear end

it's suck less if it did more (basically anything) with the crossover concept at all. like there's a bit where light asks goku about the dragon balls, a bit where buu wants a parfait from sanji, a fight between meruem and cell and vegeta telling yoruichi to go back to the kitchen before being pounded into the dirt by her but that's basically it

i dunno maybe i'm spoiled by srw and even pxz having fun with that concept

oh also man is it fugly, i really wish they had cc2 do the game or even go the musou stars route and have everyone look accurate to how their anime is styled instead of what it is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also don't really like this trend in these anime OC games where the only clothing you can wear is blatant cosplay. Like yeah, Xenoverse had a lot of outfits other characters wore, but a lot of characters in DBZ don't really wear outfits THAT distinctive and it felt like there were enough outfits that felt generic enough that you could feel like your own character.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
another reason why jump force sucks is because it doesn't have any gag characters (arale, gintoki, bobobo, luckyman) and no kinnikuman. like for some reason they thought that jump force had to be 100% serious and no fun allowed

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Willo567 posted:

another reason why jump force sucks is because it doesn't have any gag characters (arale, gintoki, bobobo, luckyman) and no kinnikuman. like for some reason they thought that jump force had to be 100% serious and no fun allowed

!!! Seriously?!?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also like I think they did that art style to appeal to a western audience, which is some real NES "change the anime boy on the box to a big muscle man" logic.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Jump Super Stars was basically lightning in a bottle, even if bankai Ichigo and Trunks assist were broken as gently caress. None of the other Jump games have come close.

Like, there's a combo attack in JSS where Yugi pops out of Bobobobo's afro, summons Osiris who proceeds to hyper beam the opponent. Or Gintoki and Kakashi reading Ichapara together for 5 second before getting excited and bro clasping each other. Or Arale and Gotenks just scream blasting a fucker.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fangz posted:

!!! Seriously?!?

Yeah the closest you get is Ryo Saeba or Buu

J-Stars Victory wasn't good either but it at least had like, Korosensei and Luckyman and Saiki K

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the ds one that had dr mashirito as the last boss was ftw

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

AlternateNu posted:

Jump Super Stars was basically lightning in a bottle, even if bankai Ichigo and Trunks assist were broken as gently caress. None of the other Jump games have come close.

Like, there's a combo attack in JSS where Yugi pops out of Bobobobo's afro, summons Osiris who proceeds to hyper beam the opponent. Or Gintoki and Kakashi reading Ichapara together for 5 second before getting excited and bro clasping each other. Or Arale and Gotenks just scream blasting a fucker.

The funny thing about the first combination attack is that it actually happened in Bobobo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Willo567 posted:

And if the Alpharad video of playing the game is accurate, it's mostly just One Piece with a smattering of other characters having stuff going on.

How you create a game with, Freiza, Light Yagami and DIO as major characters that could acquire the Dragonballs and still have an original villain that everyone's teaming up to fight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we need a shonen gangan crossover fighter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Light literally had no reason to be in the game other than being a shocking stinger for the first trailer and tease a sequel that will never come. He doesn't DO anything, despite being generally menacing the whole time.

Also I understand that the VA is dead and all, but the complete goddamn silence on all of Ryuk's lines comes off as less a show of respect for said VA and feels more like something is broken.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 12, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They wanted Jump Force to cash in on the popularity of The Avengers and it's really obvious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like I think they did that art style to appeal to a western audience, which is some real NES "change the anime boy on the box to a big muscle man" logic.

On top of this, I understand why the voice acting is in Japanese, it would be a logistical nightmare to get all the different licensors, studios, voice actors and whatnot together to dub it, not including having to completely cast the likes of Dai who's never been dubbed, but also the type of Westerner who's so fickle about anime that Unreal Engine textures and particle effects would get them on board is also going to loving dip the second they hear a single watashi and realize they have to read subtitles.

E: Chat Thread XXVII: Waffle complains about Jump Force

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 12, 2022

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1432620754424770560?s=20&t=gQMMw0wL1zp6-v4wsbKKoQ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Almost got trolled into believing mappa is adapting berserk

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
will be disappointed if the shenmue anime doesn't dedicate an episode to ryo opening gachapons one by one and examining each toy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blank Construct posted:

will be disappointed if the shenmue anime doesn't dedicate an episode to ryo opening gachapons one by one and examining each toy

Or spending a big chunk of his time playing arcade games

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Or waiting for loading to finish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Almost got trolled into believing mappa is adapting berserk

No, they're just doing more Jujutsu Kaisen

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXWIYRnElk

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/sho_MangaOne/status/1492876832903163904
Helck anime confirmed!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nice, that's a whole three episodes of good anime to look forward to

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aw Helck no

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
last anime i watched was Toilet Bound Hanuko Kun and that poo poo owned anything else like that out there?

god the art direction was soooooo good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I never wound up finishing Helck, I really enjoyed it years ago when there was that fervor over it 'round here and it was fun to have that communal experience. But then it lost me as it veered more and more into a traditional shonen kinda narrative.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

verbal enema posted:

last anime i watched was Toilet Bound Hanuko Kun and that poo poo owned anything else like that out there?

god the art direction was soooooo good

You could read Shoujo Jiten and imagine the .gifs the author made are the anime
https://twitter.com/mariyasu_ame/status/1054340904620703744?s=20&t=iQx7afoDdSTOAsZ2Q0IT7Q

You could also imagine that it's hasn't been on hiatus for 2 years :negative:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sinky posted:

You could read Shoujo Jiten and imagine the .gifs the author made are the anime
https://twitter.com/mariyasu_ame/status/1054340904620703744?s=20&t=iQx7afoDdSTOAsZ2Q0IT7Q

You could also imagine that it's hasn't been on hiatus for 2 years :negative:

Will also :c

Also anyone got any Japanese girl bands that might be similar to GRLwood?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Never even heard of it, is it good?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The first bit is good and funny but then it becomes a fairly dull slog

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the first bit is a fairly mediocre comedy and then it becomes a decent shonen manga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

the first bit is a fairly mediocre comedy and then it becomes a decent shonen manga

I'm glad I'm not alone in liking when it shifts from a comedy to a shonen (although I liked the comedic first arc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Helck is a land of contrasts