Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Will Hines is awesome
Check out his (dead) podcasts Don't Get Me Started and I Will Write Your Book

I thought it was funny Hayes did his city planning episode of Don't Get Me Started then the very next week they were like "yeah we're gonna end the podcast before it starts feeling like a chore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought it was funny Hayes did his city planning episode of Don't Get Me Started then the very next week they were like "yeah we're gonna end the podcast before it starts feeling like a chore"

Would that be w/ Hayes Davenport guesting, or does Will Hines also have strong opinions on city planning?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it was Hayes guesting and I could've sworn he had also done an episode with them on political cartoons but I can't find it

e: oh that was high & mighty - I was thinking Sean's episode on cold brew coffee was a Don't Get Me Started thing too that was also Gabrus' show

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 5, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Was laughing my rear end off at the second guest today when I realized Scott wasn't going to help them at all and their appearance had only killed their friends... only to have Dicky Donnelly call him out for both of those things at the end and for them to go "hm, yea". Love it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The building work sounds are incredible and it was hilarious how it was obviously throwing David Cross off.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lisa Gilroy was a really fun guest - was this her debut?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
She was on an episode of CBB in 2020, and then there's a ton of improv4humans appearances.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Seems like a missed opportunity for the Cincinnati Playboy not to talk about the Bengals going to the Super Bowl.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The triplets are getting desperate.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Baltz getting roasted for not having any premise for his character was so funny.

I am only just back into the show after not listening to the show since early 2019? I was getting burned out on the format and the sequel episodes, but it’s been really refreshing coming back and hearing the new talent really holding the show.

I have listened to most of the 2021 bangers as per the best of, but if there is any other classics over 2020 I would love to hear them.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I started listening to this again so I could hear Will Hines but in the process I discovered Andy Daly. Oh man, this guy is incredible. All his characters are the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Dalton Wilcox is probably the stand out, but they’re all so so funny. He’s like the exact opposite of Will Hines too in that he has super distinct voices for all his characters.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Ccs posted:

I started listening to this again so I could hear Will Hines but in the process I discovered Andy Daly. Oh man, this guy is incredible. All his characters are the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Dalton Wilcox is probably the stand out, but they’re all so so funny. He’s like the exact opposite of Will Hines too in that he has super distinct voices for all his characters.

God I wish I was just discovering Andy Daly so I had something to live for

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ccs posted:

On the Will Hines front, he just did an episode for CBB Presents where he leads a team of detectives to solve a murder. What I’ve listened to so far has been good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get more episodes or even a full blown show from it.

For Andy Daly, the obvious recommendation is to watch every episode of his masterpiece TV show ‘Review’ on Comedy Central, and you’ve undoubtedly seen him in roles on other shows. He’s good at playing school principals! He also has a weekly show and deep back catalog on CBB World. I’d definitely look into a subscription, you’ll be overjoyed. Have you ever had the inclination to watch every episode of old TV Western ‘Bonanza’ by any chance?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

. Have you ever had the inclination to watch every episode of old TV Western ‘Bonanza’ by any chance?

I’ve listened to 5 episodes of his “Bonanas for Bonanza” show today, they’re great. I also love Maria Bamford so it’s awesome she’s a regular.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

mennoknight posted:

Will always repost this, as I discovered Daly through it years ago –

PFT did a podcast called Dead Authors Podcast for a stint where he played HG Wells talking to, ahem, dead authors. Every episode Daly is in is fuckin' gold, but the standouts are his first episode as L Ron Hubbard: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-1-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andrew-daly

He also shows up as the Marquis De Sade: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-15-the-marquis-de-sade-featuring-andy-daly

Other highlights are James Adomian as Walt Whitman, which turns into him listing off how each state shape reminds him of a cock: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-28-walt-whitman-featuring-james-adomian

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Have you ever had the inclination to watch every episode of old TV Western ‘Bonanza’ by any chance?

I'm banonas for that idea!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If you listen to the Dead Authors pod please listen to the episode with Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl. Ben learns some very sad truths about his favorite author while he’s portraying him.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The World Inferno posted:

PFT did a podcast called Dead Authors Podcast for a stint where he played HG Wells talking to, ahem, dead authors. Every episode Daly is in is fuckin' gold, but the standouts are his first episode as L Ron Hubbard: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-1-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andrew-daly

The single greatest podcast episode of all time.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

He did a whole Andy Daly pilot episode as old L Ron Hubbard as well that has a stacked cast and just great.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
are you trying to enturbulate me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RandolphCarter posted:

If you listen to the Dead Authors pod please listen to the episode with Ben Schwartz as Roald Dahl. Ben learns some very sad truths about his favorite author while he’s portraying him.

This will be the one thing I always remember about that show. It was a fun show with a silly premise, and every guest I remember was entertaining, but hearing a man's heart break on stage is something that will never leave me.

If you want a spoiler for it, here's a small promo they made for it after recording. I think you can still hear it a bit in Ben's voice.
https://youtu.be/trMUEadAm_I

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

On the Will Hines front, he just did an episode for CBB Presents where he leads a team of detectives to solve a murder. What I’ve listened to so far has been good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get more episodes or even a full blown show from it.

This episode was a lot of fun. My favorite bit was Shaun being so pumped to keep going. Will is about done 50 minutes in, and Shaun is doing his best to get everyone to keep powering forward.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He did a whole Andy Daly pilot episode as old L Ron Hubbard as well that has a stacked cast and just great.

the phrase "i'm up to 8 cums a day" is lodged into my head forever

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Riptor posted:

are you trying to enturbulate me

Even Andy Daly's incredible wit and lightning quick improv instincts couldn't out-crazy the actual LRH writings he uses to lead off his Dead Authors appearances. It takes a special kind of person to write affirmations to himself that casually discuss feigning injury to avoid military service and that numerous disappointing sexual encounters actually didn't happen.

You are not afraid of snakes; there are no snakes at the end of your bed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I was actually a touch disappointed with the ADPPP episode because it had much less of that. He still paid homage to it with how insane the real-life boat stuff was, but Daly couldn't out-crazy LRH.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The first season of the Any Daly Podcast Pilot Project has three of my favourite podcast episodes ever. Daly might literally be the funniest human being alive.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

The first season of the Any Daly Podcast Pilot Project has three of my favourite podcast episodes ever. Daly might literally be the funniest human being alive.

Pancakes Divorce Pancakes is probably the funniest single episode of a TV show I've ever seen. Truly a journey.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Live At Five! posted:

Pancakes Divorce Pancakes is probably the funniest single episode of a TV show I've ever seen. Truly a journey.

It's probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a tv show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think Andy Daly might be the best I've ever seen at knowing his character. Especially with characters like Dalton Wilcox or Forrest MacNeil, he's really able to find the one thing that drives them, and really make decisions on things they would for sure make if they existed. Pancakes-Divorce-Pancakes sounds like it might be stupid on paper, but it's such a perfectly Forrest thing that it ends up brilliant. I keep meaning to go back at watch the whole series.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There all is aching.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I just want to know if he actually likes Sha Na Na

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

I've rewatched that show so many times and yeah that's pretty much a perfect episode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I've rewatched that show so many times and yeah that's pretty much a perfect episode.

"oh, he's not gonna like this"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
CBB FM continues to secretly be the best show released under the CBB World banner.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is the maximus tier of CBB world worth it? I admit i'm curious about some of the shows that unlocks, but $7/mo is right on that boundary where I really need to think about it before I add another monthly subscription to my budget.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is the maximus tier of CBB world worth it? I admit i'm curious about some of the shows that unlocks, but $7/mo is right on that boundary where I really need to think about it before I add another monthly subscription to my budget.

There's a pretty healthy backlog now, so you can buy it for a month, listen to all of it, and then unsubscribe for a few months.

There's 8+ hours of CBB FM, 11+ hours of CBB Presents, 40+ hours of Scott Hasn't Seen, plus ad-free CBB. That's not including all the older backlogs you get, too, like Andy Daly's shows.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

There's a pretty healthy backlog now, so you can buy it for a month, listen to all of it, and then unsubscribe for a few months.

There's 8+ hours of CBB FM, 11+ hours of CBB Presents, 40+ hours of Scott Hasn't Seen, plus ad-free CBB. That's not including all the older backlogs you get, too, like Andy Daly's shows.

That's a good point! No harm in trying it out for a month I imagine.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

you get an rss feed for every show so you could straight up just download everything currently on there and then unsubscribe and it would probably take you years to listen to all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ainsley McTree posted:

Id say it is. I’m not sure if the other tier has ALL the Andy Daly stuff (Bonanas, Bonusanas, and Presents) but the CBB Presents stuff has been been great all around, CBB FM as mentioned previously is good, and I personally really enjoy Scott Hasn’t Seen.