Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Deuce posted:

"Sam no" gets a lot of attention but I think "Laura Bailey not ready for a merch update she has done every week for six years" is highly underrated.

Don't forget the time Laura and Liam were supposed to advertise their book but neither one brought a copy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ultimate Mango posted:

It doesn’t get any better. I feel like the last two episodes could have been handled as one.

I don't think I could have taken 7 hours of this consecutively.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Investigating and politicking is getting a bit old. Some adventuring is overdue.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Yeah I’m ready for some kind of dungeon-dive or equivalent. I don’t think that’s in the cards for the immediate future, but I’m excited to see what this group could do in a stretch of multi-encounter adventuring.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm really looking forward to the first proper dungeon crawl the group goes through. Maybe once they finally leave the city.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I suppose we're all here for different reasons. I personally love the urban antics and crazy combat situations that the campaign has been thus far.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I suppose we're all here for different reasons. I personally love the urban antics and crazy combat situations that the campaign has been thus far.

I feel like a gnoll cavern type dungeon would be warranted at this point, though. It would be nice to reward all of their melee with something nice. Marisha managed to get the coffeelock-est item just messing about, but good weapons and armour are found in dungeons.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think it ended up working out in the end, but Robbie made that whole ring exchange way harder than they had to. All he needed to do was to bend down, pick up the real one and hand over the fake. No need for that kicking it away. And again, once FCG had acquired the real ring, there was no need for throwing the enchanted oneacross a crowded dance floor, just drop the fake and kick it roughly in the direction of Armand.

Still despite the bad rolls, they largely avoided getting actually caught. Well, except for Ashton, but his plan was to provoke a reaction, so...

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 15, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think it ended up working out in the end, but Robbie made that whole ring exchange way harder than they had to. All he needed to do was to bend down, pick up the real one and hand over the fake. No need for that kicking it away stuff.

Still despite the bad rolls, they largely avoided getting actually caught. Well, except for Ashton, but his plan was to provoke a reaction, so...

I felt bad for Robbie because he clearly had some kind of picture of what was going on in his head that didn't match with reality/what Laura wanted him to do. I'm still amazed that it managed to work out in the end, though with how suspicious Armand was after all the shenanigans I won't be surprised if there are consequences down the road.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think it ended up working out in the end, but Robbie made that whole ring exchange way harder than they had to. All he needed to do was to bend down, pick up the real one and hand over the fake. No need for that kicking it away. And again, once FCG had acquired the real ring, there was no need for throwing the enchanted oneacross a crowded dance floor, just drop the fake and kick it roughly in the direction of Armand.

The end result was still a Sleight of Hand check, picking it up would have not made any real difference.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Yeah, obviously Robbie was picturing something a little different in his head, which happens.

Flakey posted:

The end result was still a Sleight of Hand check, picking it up would have not made any real difference.

There was always going to be a sleight of hand check. Kicking the ring away added a few more checks on top. One of them was Orym's deception check, which wasn't quite high enough to fool Armand, and that might come into play later. Yeah, it probably worked out, but more checks are inevitably more chances for things to go wrong.

It was nice to finally get confirmation on several things and to be able to take the big conspiracy board with all the various pieces and to definitively attach red strings connecting everything together.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 16, 2022

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
All those checks came after the Sleight of Hand though right?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It's Thursday.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
:siren: Art reel has started, beware spoilage. :siren:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Sam, no!

Just getting that out of the way before we start.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

They don't seem to have a YouTube stream going today.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah, I'm a bit concerned.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Must have just been a bit delayed, Youtube stream's up now.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
"Our total runtime is 5 hours and 3 minutes."

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Honestly, this should just be the thread subtitle already.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Sam, ....what?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Sam, no... :(

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Finish the ad, Sam...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Sam we're here for you :ohdear:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ApeHawk posted:

Out of curiosity, where do you get this from when the stream starts?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Nemo2342 posted:

I believe Nightbot will tell you in the Twitch chat.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

!uptime in chat

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Nightbot: We are currently 22 minutes 18 seconds into the broadcast. Our total runtime is 5 hours and 3 minutes. Our break is 10 minutes and begins at 2 hours and 19 minutes into the broadcast.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TotalHell posted:

I believe Nightbot will tell you in the Twitch chat.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Nightbot: We are currently 22 minutes 18 seconds into the broadcast. Our total runtime is 5 hours and 3 minutes. Our break is 10 minutes and begins at 2 hours and 19 minutes into the broadcast.

ApeHawk posted:

!uptime in chat

Ah, that would do it. I just close chat once the pre-show starts so I never noticed that there was a chat command.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ah, Mercer recap shade... :allears:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So I'm guessing we're going to get ~2 hours of combat and then a break.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: I AM Rollies!

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Barbarian fight!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

wokow6 posted:

Barbarian fight!

And Matt just dumped cold water on it. Boo Matt!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

love ashton's ability to do either 3 points of damage or, if he crits, 4

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God drat Matt is so on point with describing all of this.

OH poo poo

opportunity

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
If an earth genasi is pansexual, are they pangaea?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: Let me check my notes… yes, he’s hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

TWO DEATH SAVES USED UP