Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

latinotwink1997 posted:

Game was ok. Real super bowl was still Bills/Chiefs.

Bills fans coping hard today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bills lost to the Chiefs in the "Super Bowl" and the AFC lost the real one. It's like Bills lost the Super Bowl twice!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Bengals made the right choice, but this is still funny

https://twitter.com/JJettasBetta/status/1493234294847901696

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bills lost to the Chiefs in the "Super Bowl" and the AFC lost the real one. It's like Bills lost the Super Bowl twice!

Now they just need to lose it twice next year and the 90s nostalgia will be complete.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When your dad plays offensive line and you have to go to the games.

https://twitter.com/Faith_Salie/status/1493025527208239105

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

When your dad plays offensive line and you have to go to the games.

https://twitter.com/Faith_Salie/status/1493025527208239105

I saw that live as well and couldn't believe how bored those kids looked to be watching their dad play in the Super Bowl.

I know it's hard to get your kids to give a poo poo about your personal goals or achievements, but sheesh. Now I have no hope.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

latinotwink1997 posted:

Game was ok. Real super bowl was still Bills/Chiefs.

Not sure you can say this when the winner of that game didn't even make the Super Bowl. I agree that the Bills and Chiefs are both better than the Bengals and Rams but the Super Bowl is about who had the best playoff run, not who was the best team in a given season.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

drat we really are laying on the '90s nostalgia thick

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I saw that live as well and couldn't believe how bored those kids looked to be watching their dad play in the Super Bowl.

Football can be a chore to watch live even when you are completely invested and understand the game depending on your seats and the arena's setup. Now in a nice fancy stadium I would expect it to be pretty chill but idk it's also a kid.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Not sure you can say this when the winner of that game didn't even make the Super Bowl. I agree that the Bills and Chiefs are both better than the Bengals and Rams but the Super Bowl is about who had the best playoff run, not who was the best team in a given season.

Can’t wait for next year so I can read another four months of gloating, self-congratulatory posts from AFC posters about how strong and powerful the AFC is only to have them lose the super bowl to a low seed NFC team.

Nov 6, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I agree that the Bills and Chiefs are both better than the Bengals and Rams

lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yeah absolutely. I mean, Kupp?

But they have perhaps shown that teams put too much value on 1st round draft picks. And I think, outside of maybe QB or an elite pass rusher in the first round, they're right.

What about Tackles? I hear Tackles are musts in the 1st round

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Didn't think that was controversial.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The team that lost to Bengals twice in a month is actually better than them thanks dipshit

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't think you can reliably count on Mahomes going into a fugue state from overexposure to tiger stripes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I agree that the Bills and Chiefs are both better than the Bengals and Rams

If only there were some mechanism to determine this directly

Like for two teams to play at the same time

Oh well guess we'll have to rely on the AP Poll

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What, are we Beatpaths-ing now?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Are y'all actually trying to argue the Super Bowl winner is by default the best team in a given year? If so I'd have to ask if you actually watch the sport.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Are y'all actually trying to argue the Super Bowl winner is by default the best team in a given year? If so I'd have to ask if you actually watch the sport.

Doing the goon thing where you immediately push up your glasses and say well ACTUALLY the two teams in the superbowl weren't actually that good is super loving tired and annoying

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I’m just saying the Bills/Chiefs was a much more fun, Super Bowl worthy game than what we got. I do get how playoffs work, thanks.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

What, are we Beatpaths-ing now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syd1Y4LffsQ

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Congrats to the best team in the league—the Houston Texans—who beat the Titans who beat the Rams.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The team that lost to Bengals twice in a month is actually better than them thanks dipshit

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all are ornery this morning.

I just think it's wild to ignore how dramatically luck factors into the sport, especially in the playoffs. To me all that chaos is a big part of the fun.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
They should crown the Super Bowl champion by DVOA ranking, that is a much more fair system

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

They should crown the Super Bowl champion by DVOA ranking, that is a much more fair system

Congrats on yesterday bud

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

The Dallas Cowboys have beaten the New England Patriots to Win the Superbowl!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

*Says a bunch of dumb poo poo*

*Gets called on it*

Wow you guys are wildin out today.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I think the team with a bunch of great players that beat a bunch of other teams with great players and won the super bowl is the best team in the league bu ti guess I'm different

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also if you lose to a team multiple times in the same season you absolutely cannot say you were better then them.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Can’t wait for next year so I can read another four months of gloating, self-congratulatory posts from AFC posters about how strong and powerful the AFC is only to have them lose the super bowl to a low seed NFC team.

lol at getting mad at that

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

Congrats on Super Bowl

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

The 49ers went 3-1 against the Superbowl teams, ergo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd argue that the Bengals are in fact better than the team they beat twice on the road this season, that one seems easy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's what the playoffs taught me:

The Dallas Cowboys were frauds, but most people had that figured out given the back half of their season. Somehow, despite playing one round deeper the Green Bay Packers were even more fraudulent.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Here's what the playoffs taught me:

The Dallas Cowboys were frauds, but most people had that figured out given the back half of their season. Somehow, despite playing one round deeper the Green Bay Packers were even more fraudulent.

I disagree

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mystic Stylez posted:

lol at getting mad at that

It’s hilarious, I hope it happens the exact same way for the next decade

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Who does everyone think is the most hosed franchise and why is it the Jets?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

A few pages late but if I was Aaron Donald I would consider retirement.

You just won a Superbowl
You're 30 years old, so most of the damage has been done, but the daily wear and tear is only going to get worse.
You've made almost 100 Mil in your career so far.
You are easily a 1st Ballot HoF.

You've got nothing left to prove or do at this point. Kick up your feet, spend time with your family and maybe get a sweet gig as an analyst somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Lifespan posted:

Who does everyone think is the most hosed franchise and why is it the Jets?

Well the most important thing a team needs to win is a franchise QB and a capable HC. And there are a bunch of teams that don't have one or both of those.