Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not enough chatter today about how disappointing it was to see Larry David shilling for crypto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Not enough chatter today about how disappointing it was to see Larry David shilling for crypto.

Crypto bros are willing to set money on fire gently caress it long as the check clears

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
he's the guy who spent decades making a pseudo-biographical show about how he alienates everyone around him all the time, right? that larry david?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

McVay is a wife sharing guy 100 percent

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Well that’s just poo poo luck
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1493284676663980036

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was rooting for the Bengos, but at least the Rams winning may encourage other teams to adopt their all-in style rather than mock them.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

loving sucks for him, but at least he had a big-if-brief role in the Super Bowl and got a ring. Hopefully he can bounce back and get paid now that the Rams proved he's still loving OBJ.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Timeline for recovering from a torn ACL in mid February definitely isn’t good for being ready for next season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Really? I would've thought that was absolutely doable

Nov 6, 2002

Lotta stodgy Giants fans I know not happy about "bad teammate and overrated" Beckham winning a ring and I'm Loving It™.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

9 months being generous would put him in november. At 30 and playing WR he's looking at a hard 1 year recovery time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Burrow tore his in like October and still wasnt fully back to his usual mobility till November of this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I mean if Cam Akers can come back after an achilles tear in training camp then OBJ can recover from a torn ACL to play next year

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Burrow tore his in like October and still wasnt fully back to his usual mobility till November of this year.

From what I could tell that was a much more traumatic injury. IIRC he tore two ligaments as well. A legit force injury rather than what happen to Beckham

e: yep ACL and MCL on that one, whole knee got bent sideways. Just an injury you'd think would be a lot worse, although everything depends on the surgery and recovery

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

I mean if Cam Akers can come back after an achilles tear in training camp then OBJ can recover from a torn ACL to play next year

From what I could tell that was a much more traumatic injury. IIRC he tore two ligaments as well. A legit force injury rather than what happen to Beckham

OBJ is 30 and Akers is 22. Odell took a year to get back from his last ACL tear.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Play posted:

Adrian Peterson had arguably the best recovery from an ACL tear ever in 2012. He was incredible but it was very abnormal. He tore it in December 2011. So he had 10 months until the next season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Huh, I guess I thought ACLs were recovering a littler faster than that especially these days. My bad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Play posted:

e: yep ACL and MCL on that one, whole knee got bent sideways. Just an injury you'd think would be a lot worse, although everything depends on the surgery and recovery

Cam Akers was also really bad and probably should not have come back

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I just started chuckling to myself because I remembered that a dude barged into the Super Bowl GDT to defend the honor of crypto and then started dropping slurs until he got perma'd.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cthulu Carl posted:

I just started chuckling to myself because I remembered that a dude barged into the Super Bowl GDT to defend the honor of crypto and then started dropping slurs until he got perma'd.

You can't post something like this without a link

Nov 6, 2002

Didn't Akers also get some kind of new achilles treatment?

Cthulu Carl posted:

lol link?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spoeank posted:

You can't post something like this without a link

The post where the mods finally caught up with the GDT

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play posted:

Bakhtiari tore his in the 2020 playoffs and only played one game for the Packers this season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

My perspective is that Larry David got paid a bunch of money to say crypto is stupid and bad.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this account was created in September of 2021 made zero posts until their bizarre outburst of 15 crypto and racism posts in the Superbowl GDT

what a weird way to spend :10bux:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lotta stodgy Giants fans I know not happy about "bad teammate and overrated" Beckham winning a ring and I'm Loving It™.

They gotta be happy about Eli Apple face planting on the big stage. Probably balances out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1493309389922451460?s=21

Nov 6, 2002

bawfuls posted:

this account was created in September of 2021 made zero posts until their bizarre outburst of 15 crypto and racism posts in the Superbowl GDT

well he's got all those bitcoins so jokes on us

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How often is Florio ever actually right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bawfuls posted:

Permabanned weirdos gonna weirdo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How often is Florio ever actually right?

How often is Rapoport wrong

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd also do a crypto ad if I was being paid a truckload of real money and I got to say the product was bullshit.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chris James 2 posted:

How often is Rapoport wrong

Rapoport isn’t saying anything about the likelihood of that actually happening, just that if the allegations are true the NFL could take the team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol this is absurd
https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1493315589703708672

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why in God's name would you fire a guy who has that kinda dirt on you and also was a pretty decent coach?

Oh yeah racism.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wonder what currency the crypto companies paid for their ad space with

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

bawfuls posted:

To be fair they got more than 15 posts out of their :10bux: with everyone quoting the slur posts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MJeff posted:

Why in God's name would you fire a guy who has that kinda dirt on you and also was a pretty decent coach?

Oh yeah racism.

I bet a lot of coaches have a lot of dirt on owners and you just don’t air it cause you still want to work in the industry. Racism obviously had a part to play in the firing but I seriously doubt Flores is the first coach with evidence of an owner trying to manipulate games

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bawfuls posted:

super bowl GDTs do tend to bring in some weird types and extremely non-regulars. but that was even weirder than usual

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He did the one thing that endangers the script.

The Patriots, Steelers, Rams, etc. sure, but the Dolphins intentionally tanking doesn’t endanger the script. If anything, it would have been good for the script for the last two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I saw something I think in The Athletic suggesting that were those accusations about Ross to be proven, a draft lottery might be seriously considered for the NFL. Dunno if that was just spitballing though.