Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I just started chuckling to myself because I remembered that a dude barged into the Super Bowl GDT to defend the honor of crypto and then started dropping slurs until he got perma'd.

Also the dude who was replying to 20 people with "nice meltdown" while absolutely not having a meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Everyone crying about the rams are now doomed to the basement from giving up picks to win now. Just look at my eagles we won it all in 2017 then promptly turned to poo poo and fired our coach in 2 years without having to give up a single 1st round pick! They won and that's the whole point of playing the game, theoretical benefits of future draft picks are moot if you win it.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I would trade 6 1st round draft picks for a superbowl win.

just lol if you wouldnt.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah exactly, the Chiefs have Mahomes and Reid and should still probably take the offer of a decade of complete darkness if it meant a single championship. You aren't going to be Brady and the Patriots, don't worry about tomorrow, just get that trophy and that blu-ray you can pop in for the rest of your life when you want some smiles.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I do think draft picks are very valuable. But more teams should be buyers midseason than there are.

From a fan's perspective I would not take 10 years of guaranteed darkness if it meant one guaranteed championship. That's a lot of nothing!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

For 12 teams it's been a lifetime of darkness

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah my point is you could not give up your picks, not win anything and then still get your eternal darkness.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Bucs win one every 20 years and I’m ok with that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You could hop on the Cowboys bandwagon a decade after they won anything and be hated and hate yourself and hate your team and hate your owner and still not win anything.

It's great

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

For 12 teams it's been a lifetime of darkness

Well I don't consider just not winning the SB darkness. That goes into what I was saying before. SBs are overrated from a fan's perspective. That's not to say they're valueless. But what I value is getting to be invested in more games throughout the year. The most important thing is the number of meaningful games played.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kawalimus posted:

Well I don't consider just not winning the SB darkness. That goes into what I was saying before. SBs are overrated from a fan's perspective. That's not to say they're valueless. But what I value is getting to be invested in more games throughout the year. The most important thing is the number of meaningful games played.
Wat? When I was a Jaguars fan I would have loved to see them win a Super Bowl. I have no idea what you're going on about because they'd be playing more meaningful games if they were competing for a Super Bowl rather than finding new ways to fail (succeed?) in the competition to be the worst team in the worst division in football.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kawalimus posted:

Well I don't consider just not winning the SB darkness.

Well you don't have to consider it but that's what it is.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know. Despite the total lack of postseason success the Ravens have been so much fun to watch since the Lamar era began. The awe inspiring fireworks of 2019. The insanely exciting prime time games against the Browns, Colts, and Chiefs. The awesome feeling of such an innovative and dominating run game. It's been a lot of fun. Between 5 more years of that or a single Super Bowl win plus 10 years of Jaguar level ineptitude... I don't know.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wat? When I was a Jaguars fan I would have loved to see them win a Super Bowl. I have no idea what you're going on about because they'd be playing more meaningful games if they were competing for a Super Bowl rather than competing to be the worst team in the worst division in football.

But you don't get either of those things as a Jags fan. What I mean is that's what would keep me from trading away a whole draft for one player just for a better chance this year. Even though I do think more teams should be buyers.

Imagine you had a choice. And the late 90s jags could continue for 10 years at around that same level but no SB was guaranteed. Or you could have one SB and then after that you're bad for 10 straight years.

I'd take the 10 years of general contention every time!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Do you know how many teams would just LOVE TO EVEN be in the goddamn big dance?

gimme 10 years of darkness if it equals a ring :v.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Do you know how many teams would just LOVE TO EVEN be in the goddamn big dance?

Yeah. But I don't play on those teams I'm a fan. My perspective is different.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Losing the superbowl didn't feel anywhere near as bad as getting there felt good. I'd put 05, 15 and 13 ahead of it.

It sucks that they wasted an amazing opportunity but this year's team will always feel special.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Having seen a Super Bowl win in my lifetime definitely informs this perspective.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1493299471320371201

Everyone firing shots today :laugh:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1493345962689019904

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1493247246208544771

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

For some reason the Ravens are

Apple was mocking big truss or something really original after one of their games this season

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Apple was mocking big truss or something really original after one of their games this season

Everyone from your mother to Bunk from the Wire is laughing at him.

https://twitter.com/WendellPierce/status/1493189420631089152

You've got to be good to get away with talking poo poo like that, or at least good on a bad team, neither of which was happening at all.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hakeem Adeniji should get Apple something nice for taking all the fire for the game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I remember there being stories about Eli Apple being loving hated in the Giants locker room, so I'm leaning towards "probably deserves this" over "sheesh, everyone is dunking on that poor bastard".

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

I remember there being stories about Eli Apple being loving hated in the Giants locker room, so I'm leaning towards "probably deserves this" over "sheesh, everyone is dunking on that poor bastard".

Landon Collins publicly called him a cancer while both of them were still on the team

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As a person hell yeah. Everything I've ever heard about him says he's super abrasive and annoying. The man loving poo poo talked crawfish.

As a player it's overboard. The Bengals aren't in the super bowl without Eli Apple.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Eli Apple chat:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why does everyone hate Eli Apple so much

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

wyoak posted:

yeah they were moving with OBJ in there (small sample) but once you're consistently throwing to stone-hands Skowronek the offense is gonna suffer

Skowronek missing a ball that went directly to the numbers and everyone on the Rams going :manning: at him was the best.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

"New Orleans is the dirtiest smelliest city and has the worst food ever 😂 it’s that swine and crawfish thts killin yall brains"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's a friend of a friend's cousin which is totally meaningless but makes it slightly more funny to me for some reason

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Winning as an underdog is far more exhilarating than just bulldozing everyone every year. Why do you think everyone lusts for that 16 seed over 1 seed every march? It owns.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kalli posted:

Yeah exactly, the Chiefs have Mahomes and Reid and should still probably take the offer of a decade of complete darkness if it meant a single championship. You aren't going to be Brady and the Patriots, don't worry about tomorrow, just get that trophy and that blu-ray you can pop in for the rest of your life when you want some smiles.

drat straight, Cubs 2016 WS right here!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I would like to see NFL coaching get better overall than rely on teams assembled like NBA powerhouses that last for one season, where the drama is whether they will overcome bad playcalling and clock management to win it all before falling apart in the spring.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He talks trash publicly, not just on the field, like he's Joel Embiid but is Eli Apple, basically.

He talks like he's Deion but he's just a guy. It's all silly and fine, he's not hurting anyone. But it does make him fun to laugh at when things don't go his way.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I would like to see NFL coaching get better overall than rely on teams assembled like NBA powerhouses that last for one season, where the drama is whether they will overcome bad playcalling and clock management to win it all before falling apart in the spring.

Good news, that’s the league as it exists right now and will continue to exist.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I remember for Eli Apple's last year at Ohio State when they played at Indiana, there was a drunk Hoosier near a mic and yelled "HEY! HEY APPLE! YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK rear end, APPLE! HEY! APPLE! YOU SUCK rear end!" for like half OSU's time on defense. Well, that's my Eli Apple story, thanks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So hey what's the story with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MJeff posted:

So hey what's the story with this

Apparently a Browns fan produced an 11 minute video of Odell always being open