Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

bagrada posted:

Male warrior with a 2h hammer
Male gunner with a drone pet and smgs
Female summoner from beta/og Korean release
Female martial artist with a lance/spear (fan fav)
Female assassin with 2 daggers

Female artist support with a paint brush

Next up female berserker version.

Also a female mage that fights with the power of cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BadLlama posted:

Hmmm Smgs and drone pets sound interesting

All of those classes’ videos look loving rad as hell

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’m still debating rerolling on the goon server instead of playing on Valtan with my two friends. Before it gets too late and I’m super invested

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I can't wait to play the space marine with a drone and summons airstrikes in a game full of castles and wizards.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

gandlethorpe posted:

I can't wait to play the space marine with a drone and summons airstrikes in a game full of castles and wizards.

I mean that's already Artillerist, minus the drone

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

gandlethorpe posted:

You clearly haven't made it to mech island yet.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Are all chests with general gear - that you don't pick yourself - a fixed ilvl, specific to quest, monster, or how does it work? I just defeated Chuo (48), and was wondering whether I should open the purple chest now, or how drops like that work in the game.

I noticed that the general chest rewards in the main story have fixed ilvls, but no idea how it works for this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thumbtacks posted:

I’m still debating rerolling on the goon server instead of playing on Valtan with my two friends. Before it gets too late and I’m super invested

You can do cross server (but not cross continent) dungeons/raids through the party finder so even if you played on the same server with your friends it wouldn't be impossible to do cross server stuff with goons.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

kliras posted:

Are all chests with general gear - that you don't pick yourself - a fixed ilvl, specific to quest, monster, or how does it work? I just defeated Chuo (48), and was wondering whether I should open the purple chest now, or how drops like that work in the game.

I noticed that the general chest rewards in the main story have fixed ilvls, but no idea how it works for this.

Fixed to the chest.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jokes posted:

I’m talking about the servers and the localization.

Though I guess if Amazon didn’t do it we couldn’t play? idk

Correct, no one else wanted to bring this game to the west. SmileGate was shopping it around for awhile. I don't like AGS, but other MMORPG publishers, like NCSoft, Gamigo (jesus christ this would have been the nuclear option), and Perfect World, are the absolute loving worst. Far more terrible than AGS is. This was the best case scenario for Lost Ark. Does LA still deserve better? Yes, absolutely, but this was the best publisher that exists for the game.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I said come in! posted:

Correct, no one else wanted to bring this game to the west. SmileGate was shopping it around for awhile. I don't like AGS, but other MMORPG publishers, like NCSoft, Gamigo (jesus christ this would have been the nuclear option), and Perfect World, are the absolute loving worst. Far more terrible than AGS is. This was the best case scenario for Lost Ark. Does LA still deserve better? Yes, absolutely, but this was the best publisher that exists for the game.

Also could have been Activision, just saying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zil posted:

Also could have been Activision, just saying.

Thankfully Activision doesn't really touch MMORPGs. They have World of Warcraft and are fine with keeping it that way for now. They don't buy up developers unless they want to convert them into making Call of Duty.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The twitch drops mount is preeeetty good

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Thumbtacks posted:

You can do endgame stuff with goons regardless as that's all DC-wide. Being on the same server only matters for overworld/leveling type stuff and being in a guild together.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I mean that's already Artillerist, minus the drone

Sure, but can it do this?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When do gundams get added

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Claimed the hover mount! Don't have to watch these big streamers anymore for drops. Thank you everyone by the way who got Lost Ark mounts through my streaming over the last week. I am going to continue streaming Lost Ark on Twitch too, this is going to be a long term hobby for me, at least that is the plan. :)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

explosivo posted:

You can do cross server (but not cross continent) dungeons/raids through the party finder so even if you played on the same server with your friends it wouldn't be impossible to do cross server stuff with goons.

Oh that’s good. That’s not that bad then I suppose. I’m mostly missing the guild chatter but with the guilds being so loving small it doesn’t even matter, I’ll just pay attention to the discord and see when events or whatever come up

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

I said come in! posted:

Claimed the hover mount! Don't have to watch these big streamers anymore for drops. Thank you everyone by the way who got Lost Ark mounts through my streaming over the last week. I am going to continue streaming Lost Ark on Twitch too, this is going to be a long term hobby for me, at least that is the plan. :)

Good luck I enjoyed your stream!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1478337022452457472?lang=en

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Good luck I enjoyed your stream!

Thank you! That means a lot to me to hear. Might also be able to get affiliate really soon, so that means i'll have a subscriber button, and can add my own emotes.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mechanical strength aside, I always find good punchy characters the most viscerally satisfying

https://i.imgur.com/Vged24w.mp4

Garrand fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 15, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy that hover mount sure is loud

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BadLlama posted:

When do gundams get added

Already in game, one of the dungeons has you pilot some.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lol

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

Boy that hover mount sure is loud

i can't use it because it's so obnoxious also the mount itself is huge like a bodyboard instead of a skateboard

i wanted a BTTF hoverboard :colbert:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This dungeon and zone are so fun. I loved it!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gyoru posted:

i can't use it because it's so obnoxious also the mount itself is huge like a bodyboard instead of a skateboard

i wanted a BTTF hoverboard :colbert:

Yeeeeah I wouldn't mind how big it is if it didn't also make overlapping WOOSH sounds as you drive around on it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

This dungeon and zone are so fun. I loved it!

I liked the dungeon but god drat was the zone terrible. I hated all the lifts and the city and the quests forcing you to use the tram system SUCKED

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Honestly I thought the dungeon was the worst because if you ran it in a party not everyone got a gundam at the same time so you'd have one or two people in a giant robot murdering everything and then the other people just running along. I liked the zone though I'm still hoping we get to murder at least some of the Stern Senate at this rate.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

How do I know if I'm making progress towards the hoverboard? I got the paper mask and the chocobo pet and recall seeing a progress bar for them in Twitch. Now I don't see one for the hoverboard when I check my drops page.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

How do I know if I'm making progress towards the hoverboard? I got the paper mask and the chocobo pet and recall seeing a progress bar for them in Twitch. Now I don't see one for the hoverboard when I check my drops page.

Only one of the three teams has hit T4 -- are you definitely watching one?

Mine is showing progress as I'd expect but I've had inconsistent results from that in the past.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

96 spacejam posted:

"ivE pLayeD eVErY PVPmmO siNce ULTiMA onLINe"

and I've never once played a 'core' class like a Warrior or Mage unless it was ultra meta but I'm having a ton of fun playing a Berzerker. This is usually the time I start second guessing my class choice but instead I'm poopsocking not to get to end game but to get the next neat skill that makes the screen go boom

Don't really see any others though

edit: I cannot find a hotkey setup that feels right. Point and click freeing up WASD is overwhelming.

Mega-old post but I hosed around some and dodge on Shift, heal-over-time pots on T has been doing good things for me. Pinky on Shift, then the rest on Q-W-E. Auto-run on my forward side mouse button. I have auto-attack on Spacebar right now but I'm thinking about swapping it out for either awakening skill or class special skill since its basically unused. I use V for push-to-talk with my thumb anyways.

Oh and I swapped inventory to ~, world map to Tab, and area map to M and it feels pretty good. Z & X are kind of a pain but I can do everything else critical pretty easily without stretching hard or contorting my hand.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

admanb posted:

Only one of the three teams has hit T4 -- are you definitely watching one?

Mine is showing progress as I'd expect but I've had inconsistent results from that in the past.

Oh, didn't realize that they have to hit different milestones. I'll just keep watching my streamer repping the good team :911:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

What i've been doing is opening up a bunch of streams at once; there should be a popup above chat that tells you what drop watching them will get you. Choose which stream you want since you can only progress with one. Right now i'm getting progress towards the mount from twitch.tv/fextralife, yesterday i got both the bird and the fox thingy.

i have no idea how the milestones thing works honestly. I just go to the lost ark search page and open up a bunch of the top streamers to see what they have.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Give me my second founders pack you cowards

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I absolutely despise the keybinding limitations in this game. I've been playing wow for 15 years hitting 1 for healing potions, not F1 (among other things). Not being able to use shift. Not being able to rebind G to something sensible and H which has been my mount key forever. I'm actively having less fun and getting frustrated because I'm constantly fighting muscle memory.

Venting over.

e: unrelated, it there any terrible drawback to switching mains after 50?

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 15, 2022

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
love too acquire my random in-game items

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

sharknado slashfic posted:

The only really annoying thing is not getting those 20 free class engraving books while leveling, so if you didn't save them from your first character (they're not character-bound) you either have to buy more on the AH or do islands for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

sharknado slashfic posted:

No.

The big pain is if you switch mains after investing a bunch of resources into your old main's gear and engravings, you're gonna have to replace those resources to get your new main up to where your old one was.