Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Let my poople flow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Boris comes on TV to tell us the age of sleaze is over. Now is the age of sludge, he cries as he melts into his final form like a resident evil boss

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

the sex ghost posted:

Boris comes on TV to tell us the age of sleaze is over. Now is the age of sludge, he cries as he melts into his final form like a resident evil boss

He does remind me a little of some depictions of papa nurgle

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Haha, gently caress.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol kieth is going more right wing

https://twitter.com/malaiseforever/status/1493516279768100867?t=efmXdAYjay3Gdhb8eus-QA&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Soneone posted itt rexently about a suspicious spy death and do you have anything to confess?

https://twitter.com/afshinrattansi/status/1493526853398802437?t=x_vs0fu58eFeTQXYrAH7uA&s=19

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I would love to share what I know, but I am busy asphyxiating inside a padlocked duffelbag. For sexual reasons, of course.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

britain was a mistake

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Enoch Powell Did Nothing Wrong."

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

step out of the closet and into the suitcase

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jose posted:

Soneone posted itt rexently about a suspicious spy death and do you have anything to confess?

https://twitter.com/afshinrattansi/status/1493526853398802437?t=x_vs0fu58eFeTQXYrAH7uA&s=19

The first reference I ever saw about this was a neighbor's yard sign in Northern Virginia, I'd never have heard about it otherwise. Very weird and uncanny situation.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jose posted:

quote:

Richard Morris, the former ambassador to Nepal, worked 15-hour shifts six or seven days a week for the Foreign Office and began to suffer from night sweats, worrying that he was going to make a mistake that could land him in prison, the hearing was told

OK so maybe he was experiencing paranoia due to overwork in a high stress job, but this seems to me like he was genuinely worried about having done something illegal like breached the secrets act or blackmail. gently caress working in a senior civil service job, you mess up and someone could maybe hiking accident you.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

OK so maybe he was experiencing paranoia due to overwork in a high stress job, but this seems to me like he was genuinely worried about having done something illegal like breached the secrets act or blackmail. gently caress working in a senior civil service job, you mess up and someone could maybe hiking accident you.

It's not a mystery, the answer is in the article!

quote:

In late March, Morris became troubled over public travel guidance he had written. Alison Morris said: “He was extremely stressed and thought this might amount to misconduct in a public office.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

imagine, some civil servant absolutely terrified at making a mistake and old boris and his mates are just out there commuting crimes like it’s yesterday

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

keep punching joe posted:

Yeah, this is why "Havana Syndrome" got so much play among US diplomats and upper-level civil service. No one could admit that they were completely burned out to the point that they were suffering panic attacks, but being attacked by a Russian superweapon was perfectly in-bounds and wouldn't affect their careers.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lmao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/klasfeldreports/status/1493617740292276232?s=21

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

nooooooo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
booooo

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Loooooool what a coward. I thought he was looking forward to showing how innocent he was and couldn't sweat or smth.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Sad!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Just when it looked like he was going wriggle himself into an even bigger jam... :negative:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

so the river ankh in the discworld books were based on a real thing. gross

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wow, total exoneration!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

as a taxpayer i demand to know the settlement cost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PhillipsBarrie/status/1493609182154694665?s=20&t=5DdDKQKiOP7y1Mo0sxJLsw

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

loving hell that's a scary pic of Starmer

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

To be fair, the Ankh was always based on the Thames.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

A real strong vibe here https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1379437049728659459

Maybe government agencies should keep their posting on the forums.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Jose posted:

Gonna have to flog off a few of the lesser crown jewels

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

andrew was fighting as a private citizen wasn’t he? didn’t he have to sell a ski chalet or some thing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he ever needs money that badly he could always set up little st. james v2 on property his family owns. i'm sure they've got a few private islands. it's foolproof!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if he ever needs money that badly he could always set up little st. james v2 on property his family owns. i'm sure they've got a few private islands. it's foolproof!
this is the most tropical property the royal family own now

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

RandolphCarter posted:

Almost everything in the discworld books is based on a real thing. Back in the early days of the Internet there used to be a collaborative text document (the annotated Pratchett file) that tried to list all the references but it's a heck of a task. I'm sure I miss 90% of the references in Moving Pictures because I know next to nothing about the early history of cinema.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Wolfsbane posted:

Almost everything in the discworld books is based on a real thing. Back in the early days of the Internet there used to be a collaborative text document (the annotated Pratchett file) that tried to list all the references but it's a heck of a task. I'm sure I miss 90% of the references in Moving Pictures because I know next to nothing about the early history of cinema.

Last modified 2016, but I don’t know if that’s because we are just not getting any new stuff. :sigh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

this is the most tropical property the royal family own now

i was thinking of some bare, dead, icy cold rock that has never been inhabited.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i was thinking of some bare, dead, icy cold rock that has never been inhabited.

Are you trying to describe the queen?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, she surprisingly turned out to still be more or less alive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1493708165136932867?t=yt46YeVxF0udX9eWOFPiDA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

royal rapist