Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pistol_Pete posted:

What would you DO with the thing when you're not, erm, using it? Must be like having a corpse lying around the house.

:nms:
https://youtu.be/rLy-AwdCOmI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Are labour's finances so bad they couldn't afford a new sign?

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Are labour's finances so bad they couldn't afford a new sign?

The picture itself was taken in 2019, so they can't even afford a camera.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1493709616257064965

Consider the source(s) here but £12m is 6x more than she paid out of her own pocket to restore Windsor Castle after the fire (the rest being funded by admission fees to the castle and Buckingham Palace, private contributions, and the taxpayer, in ratios that are at best murky).

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Anyone wanna buy this NFT? £12m. Selling for a friend of a billionaire child sex trafficker (decd). Quick sale preferred...

Prole fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 16, 2022

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
if its public knowledge that a head of state pays 12m of essentially public funds to get rid of a sexual assault case... well isn't that pretty legit cause to remove that head of state?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Well, go on then. do not under any circumstances "go on"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ooof. The Torygraph have completely hung him out to dry as well as highlighting that the Queen is going to be helping to settle the bill. I wasn't expecting that.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

NotJustANumber99 posted:

if its public knowledge that a head of state pays 12m of essentially public funds to get rid of a sexual assault case... well isn't that pretty legit cause to remove that head of state?

You'd hope so, wouldn't you? loving Cuck Nation.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hell timeline: The gammonati turn against the Royal Family, instead opting for an appointed head of state chosen by the PM, and so Boris then appoints himself as Emperor.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Big fan of the queen doing the best thing possible to sink the whole institution tbh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wonder how many people in that Starmer photo have left the party in the last two years, either willingly or not.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You could easily tell it was an old photo, as there were non white people in the picture.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Seeing as it's all our money anyway, can we not raise it in a more traditional manner? Like have a fibreglass Andrew in every supermarket foyer so we can all push 20p through a slot in his head?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pistol_Pete posted:

What would you DO with the thing when you're not, erm, using it? Must be like having a corpse lying around the house.

OwlFancier posted:

From what I have seen you are never not using it, when you are not loving it you are posing it around the place, or carrying it, or wheeling it around in a wheelchair, or dressing it up.

If anything the loving part seems like a small proportion of the total spectrum of use cases.

i definitely regret looking up the twitter account because between ranting about the tories there's a lot of bdsm literal barbies

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anti tory with BDSM interludes would probably be more appealing than starmer tbh.

But also lmao at the neighbour who can see the dude from that window posing the doll around all day.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

she doesnt look poseable?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i assumed it was a real doll too but the dude writing as it says something about being made out of fibreglass so maybe it's just a mannequin

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Imagine being that dude's nextdoor neighbour. I'd be constantly tweeting pics of him heaving it around the garden taken from my upstairs window while on the phone to my brother in hysterical fits of laughter.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Whats your brother up to thats so funny?

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Saying that, it's very realistic looking. I'd probably give it one, if the mood took me one day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

love too garden in my off the shoulder lacy top and sheer leggings.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Prole posted:

Saying that, it's very realistic looking. I'd probably give it one, if the mood took me one day.

What in the absolute gently caress are you on about.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mebh posted:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Imagine how hard they had to search to find a mannequin that couldn't out-act Kim Cattrall.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary::yarg:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mebh posted:

I mean it's not exactly an ambiguous sentence

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

Not conducive for me, anyway.

Like I don't want to be having the chinese room dilemma while I am loving, any more than I necessarily already do by virtue of the inherent distance between all conscious life.

I don't see how I'd ever end up having sex without being terrified over existing in a universe with me in it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
as if everyone didn't know he was guilty already, now they know

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

when i paid my parking ticket without contesting it, it was under duress and in no way was an admission of guilt

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every once in a while I remember Grace Slick went from White Rabbit to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now in 20 years and it makes me feel less like I've wasted whatever tiny amount of talent I might have had in my younger days.

(Sorry, just remembering how multidimensionally terrible the film Mannequin was, a hatred that was first kindled by the fact that my first girlfriend absolutely loved it, it was literally the only tape she owned, and we had to watch it whenever we were together alone, so there's a *lot* of repressed teenage hormones behind the hate, but it's still loving terrible)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

how multidimensionally terrible the film Mannequin was

lol yes found his weakness

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Mebh posted:

I genuinely have no idea. Apologies.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

OwlFancier posted:

You're having existential horror which is not conducive to being horny.

OwlFancier posted:

Not conducive for me, anyway.

Like I don't want to be having the chinese room dilemma while I am loving, any more than I necessarily already do by virtue of the inherent distance between all conscious life.

One of my exes kept saying she was dissociating during sex. (she was somewhat unwell mentally at the time)

I never really got what she meant until now.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Prole posted:

I genuinely have no idea. Apologies.

I apologise too. I'm grumpy as my partner got covid somehow despite me doing all the shopping and going out to do all housey stuff... She gets covid and I'm entirely fine somehow. Meaning i must have gotten it, been asymptomatic and given it to her.

I have had proper full on alice in wonderland aura migraines every other day and massive photosensitivity for the last two weeks tho. Unlikely to be related i guess.

My very elderly mam did randomly nip round and drop a cheeseburger through the letter box and had a chortle from the end of the drive about dropping groceries off for us vulnerable young folk which made me laugh.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mebh posted:

My very elderly mam did randomly nip round and drop a cheeseburger through the letter box and had a chortle from the end of the drive about dropping groceries off for us vulnerable young folk which made me laugh.

:kimchi:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I like to imagine she slipped each component of the cheeseburger through the letterbox one at a time, it all landing in a useless pile on the carpet

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Round here you'd be lucky to get half a bun and a “sorry we missed you” card for the patty

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Interesting priorities on R4 this morning - an extremely long description of the nothing happening by the Black Sea (prominently featuring wise voices exactly repeating what Russia was saying last week about Ukraine not being able to enter NATO while there was a border dispute), and a long obituary of P.J. O'Rourke, a funny writer at one point but really not someone most people in the UK would have heard of, and an in-depth report of how unlikely it was that Team GB were going to win any medals in the Winter Olympics.

Unfortunately with all that extremely important and definitely new news they didn't have time to report on any obscure legal cases happening in New York, but obviously it was extremely important to give the author of "How To Drive Fast On Drugs And Get Your Wing-Wang Squeezed Without Spilling Your Drink" the time he merited.

(Actually am genuinely a little sad about O'Rourke - he was possibly the only funny right-winger, or at least the only one who could make right-wing politics funny, although alas he did disappear up his own arse around 9/11 and never really got his mojo back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Every once in a while I remember Grace Slick went from White Rabbit to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now in 20 years and it makes me feel less like I've wasted whatever tiny amount of talent I might have had in my younger days.

(Sorry, just remembering how multidimensionally terrible the film Mannequin was, a hatred that was first kindled by the fact that my first girlfriend absolutely loved it, it was literally the only tape she owned, and we had to watch it whenever we were together alone, so there's a *lot* of repressed teenage hormones behind the hate, but it's still loving terrible)

Mannequin is a pretty enjoyable film, NGSUN is a great song, and White Rabbit is like nails on chalkboard. Please God let there not be another cinematic drug taking scene with that doodoo-rear end song bleating over it

E: seriously, it's written by Diane Warren and Albert Hammond, it's a perfectly constructed pop song with a guitar solo that almost anyone who's heard it could remember note for note

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 16, 2022