Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Idris... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Oh cool, another horrible piece of media trash you can't reasonably criticize because actual nazis have set up camp and hate it for the dumbest reasons.
https://twitter.com/EyePatchGuy/status/1493624610952257541
https://twitter.com/Tha_Prince_Ali/status/1493666124138958849

Mordja posted:

Idris... :negative:
Idris is a furry, it's his dream role

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

For gently caress's sake it's supposed to be "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" did they not even look at the cover art.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

watching Marry Me tonight. support for Owen Wilson and the concept of rom coms

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
There is a split second of modern Gadget in the trailer when Zipper is flying around, she did not have the cgi surgery and appears to be wearing a black leather bodysuit

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

So what changed in the video? There's about 20 seconds of dead air at the end which I assume represents whatever had to be taken out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/TitmouseInc/status/1493745677599313920?t=3d8QHWRueP4XuTWIcT8h9g&s=19

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

you can feel the movie (Marry Me) blitzing toward it's premise as quickly as possible. it's like the screenwriter was shouting GO GO GO after every page

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So Paramount + is shooting to be the channel for guys who time traveled to this year from 1998, huh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mordja posted:

I'm trying to tell...are the 2D characters not actually 2D and just cell-shaded CG models or am I completely wrong? Something about their animation looks odd to me.

They look like poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jon Irenicus posted:

you can feel the movie (Marry Me) blitzing toward it's premise as quickly as possible. it's like the screenwriter was shouting GO GO GO after every page

Is that the one based off a poo poo webcomic?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Scaramouche posted:

So what changed in the video? There's about 20 seconds of dead air at the end which I assume represents whatever had to be taken out.

Rich full frontal

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

You do not need a """""believable"""""" science fiction explanation for everything. Beavis and Butthead do not need to travel through time.

They are cartoons.

Anyone that says "but this doesn't make sense they should be 50 now!!!!" should be locked in an asylum.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poisonpill posted:

So Paramount + is shooting to be the channel for guys who time traveled to this year from 1998, huh

Incidentally they already did a south park episode on that subject

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jon Irenicus posted:

Is it any good?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kingo Ligma posted:

You do not need a """""believable"""""" science fiction explanation for everything. Beavis and Butthead do not need to travel through time.

They are cartoons.

Anyone that says "but this doesn't make sense they should be 50 now!!!!" should be locked in an asylum.

mike judge is remaking idiocracy you fool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TIP posted:

mike judge is remaking idiocracy you fool

In real time. It's a documentary

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i tried watching beavis and butthead on paramount plus and they cut out all of the music videos (i assume its impossible to get the music rights? or they dont want to?), and drat it sucks without them

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Arc Hammer posted:

Is it any good?

it's shaping up to be a solid 3/5 imo.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i tried watching beavis and butthead on paramount plus and they cut out all of the music videos (i assume its impossible to get the music rights? or they dont want to?), and drat it sucks without them

watch the revival seasons where they're watching MTV reality shows

they're great

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

make them washed up gen Xers

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

Did the odd/even star trek movie thing last into the JJ era. I haven't watched any of them but beyond was odd and considered good right

Yeah it was good.

The crew meets a local who is a pretty good character and she goes to Starfleet Academy in the end so they could just replace the dead guy with her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's a new Jean-Pierre Jeunet on Netflix called Bigbug. Sci-fi flick set in a future where humans have given over most decision-making to weird AI robots. A woman's ex husband and his new wife, her new boyfriend and his son, and her teenage daughter get trapped in her home the day the AI decide to purge potential dissidents.

Can recommend. Solid flick. Lots of distinctive and unsettling visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-sWlgFhUGo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TIP posted:

watch the revival seasons where they're watching MTV reality shows

they're great

they wwere still making mtv reality shows then?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Milo and POTUS posted:

they wwere still making mtv reality shows then?

they're still making them now

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Arc Hammer posted:

For gently caress's sake it's supposed to be "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" did they not even look at the cover art.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

There's a new Jean-Pierre Jeunet on Netflix called Bigbug. Sci-fi flick set in a future where humans have given over most decision-making to weird AI robots. A woman's ex husband and his new wife, her new boyfriend and his son, and her teenage daughter get trapped in her home the day the AI decide to purge potential dissidents.

Can recommend. Solid flick. Lots of distinctive and unsettling visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-sWlgFhUGo

I watched this a few days ago and I can recommend. It's fun, creative, the costume and set design are top notch, and has a nude man-butt and a lady in skimpy clothing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

wait I thought they were just making that crappy show with rob where he watches internet vids

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is that the one based off a poo poo webcomic?

A poo poo webcomic made by the dude who did Pupkin. As bad as the movie may turn out, it's still hilarious how he ended up being so much more successful than Lowtax.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Quantum of Phallus posted:

watched a cool film just now called The Drop, never heard of it until a week ago. I think it was one of James Gandolfini’s last films, he’s great in it. Tom Hardy also plays a sort of idiot character but it really works for the story. Denis Lehane wrote the screenplay, it’s nice. Noomi Rapace is also good in it. Worth a look.

It's a really good movie, and a definite antidote if you've had your fill of soy banter. It also was the last film I got real mad about online when I saw a bunch of people confidently declaring that obviously Tom Hardy kills Noomi Rapace at the end when it fades for the credits, which is the absolutely dumbest conclusion anyone could come to.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

NOPE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Trailer looks good, agreed!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Watched No Sudden Move. Liked it. Didn't mind the fisheye or whatever, completely forgot about it after the second or third scene. Not the most satisfying ending but w/e

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That review is back up, does anybody know what caused the copyright infringement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCU21cRMGgk

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Mike is going to be so happy, JJ Abrams is bringing us another Star Trek movie!

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-4-will-bring-back-chris-pine-and-zachary-quinto/

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1493789872062009347

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Normally I'd be fine with it, I thought they were all totally watchable, but without Yelchin ehhhh it just makes me sad.

you know what to do :suicide:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Perpetual garbage

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fourth movie? That means it’s time for Fat Scotty!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

Fourth movie? That means it’s time for Fat Scotty!!!

Simon Pigg??