Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I think you can get slow curing silicone off AliExpress, and then some open cell foam after you've built the mold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pouring stuff from dodgy chinese factories directly into your ear canal?
must be a tuesday.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

By popular demand posted:

Pouring stuff from dodgy chinese factories directly into your ear canal?
must be a tuesday.

If you get a bit of silicone stuck in there, you can pick up some off-brand q-tips and tweezers on AliExpress too, as well as an endoscope

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SubG posted:

Yeah, I haven't tried any of GFS pickups that are knockoffs of specific pickup models (they make knockoff Filtertrons and Teisco gold foils and so on), but I've got a pair of their Dream 90s and one of their sets of Strat pickups (I forget which flavour), and they're good pickups in general, not just good pickups for the price (which is like US$30 a pop for the 90s and ~US$20 each for the strat-style single coils). GFS pickups also have the advantage that you can find shitloads of demo videos for pretty much all of them, which isn't going to be true of some random aliexpress pickups.

I have a few gfs pickups, they sound pretty good. Fair warning, a lot of the "mimic" pickups like the goldfoils and surf 90s and such are just strat bobbins in a different shell. Generally they're designed to be a little hotter/cooler/brighter/darker/whatever to get closer to that sound. Classic goldfoils for example are a really weird design that involves magnetized rubber of some kind.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
On guitar chat, I spent a while looking into pedals on Ali, but you're better off on Amazon/direct from manufacturer. Prices are about the same and easier to confirm quality by matching up companies with reviews and demos. This is in the US I know that may not hold everywhere.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah there's no shortage of extremely cheap reliable pedals right now. The cheap Chinese factories are already selling direct, see Joyo, Donner, etc.

edit I have a great joyo flanger, and they also make a dope clone of the foxx tone machine for like $30. By comparison, historically cheap company danelectro's current foxx clone is $200.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 13, 2022

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'm in need of a new pair of earplugs for doing band stuff, does anyone have a recommendation for these? I used to have christmas tree style ones with a little noise filter in the end, and fairly long stalks so they could be easily pulled out. There are about a million listings but they're mostly advertising themselves as being good for sleeping with music as an afterthought.

Not aliexpress, but i use these for drums

Earasers Musicians Hi-Fi Earplugs with Keychain (blue canister)

https://www.earasers.com.au/

And im willing to swear by them. They arent cheap, but gently caress they're good. (and comfortable)

I think there is even i higher teir that blocks more, but ive found these to be perfect for me.

And they dont block out speech? as such, you can still talk to people with them in

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

For Christmas, I gave my mom a very niche shirt from this store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911825393. Chiefly because they were the only place that carried this specific design.

Today she told me it was the softest, best shirt around, and I should get all future shirts from there, even if it meant sizing way the gently caress up from Chinese sizes. (It fits well, too, even at the artificially upscaled size.) So if you're in the market for a tee, see what they have, because whatever they print 'em on is apparently top-notch.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like that everything is made in China.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ante posted:

I think you can get slow curing silicone off AliExpress, and then some open cell foam after you've built the mold

My silicon mold stuff takes 8 hours to cure. I get it from amazon. I that might take too long to cure. But it would probably solve the problem of hearing outside noises ever again

I also have some silicon mold putty stuff. That is also not labeled for medical procedures, but it would be less likely to drip all the way down your ear canal. That also came from amazon.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Gbs > Aliexpress: unlicensed medical procedures that "should" be ok

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hirayuki posted:

For Christmas, I gave my mom a very niche shirt from this store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911825393. Chiefly because they were the only place that carried this specific design.

Today she told me it was the softest, best shirt around, and I should get all future shirts from there, even if it meant sizing way the gently caress up from Chinese sizes. (It fits well, too, even at the artificially upscaled size.) So if you're in the market for a tee, see what they have, because whatever they print 'em on is apparently top-notch.

Wasn’t expecting to see Mayhem’s Dawn of the Black Hearts as one of the first images :eyepop:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Snowy posted:

Wasn’t expecting to see Mayhem’s Dawn of the Black Hearts as one of the first images :eyepop:

lmao drat

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
holy gently caress that pic

I don't think I've ever seen it on a t-shirt so that's why

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
It's what Dead would have wanted :allears:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh gently caress would order the Zagor shirt if I weren't too fat.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Never too fat for Zagor, bud.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Chinese t-shirt, though, on the other hand...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Chinese t-shirt, though, on the other hand...

Yeah I can order tshirts from American Amazon just fine, and I don't even need to order the largest sizes. (But I won't because it's Amazon.)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've bought a few t-shirts from AliExpress recently and the quality is pretty good. Two of the three shirts have been soft cotton and one was a weird stretchy material, the images are good quality and the price is cheaper than Redbubble or other print on demand sites. An AliEx 4xl tends to fit like a US 1xl although one shirt was long enough to wear as a dress and the other two were a more normal length.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you're asking a lot of questions already answered by my "AMPHETAMINE" T-shirt

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PokeJoe posted:

you're asking a lot of questions already answered by my "JOOSE" T-shirt

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bored posted:

I also have some silicon mold putty stuff. That is also not labeled for medical procedures, but it would be less likely to drip all the way down your ear canal. That also came from amazon.

You can get food grade silicone putty online. I've used it for custom candy shapes. Sets pretty quick and if it's safe for food contact, your ears shouldn't be a problem.

Of course you better have some other uses for it, or you'll have spent $25 on two tiny dabs of putty.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Sentient Data posted:

You just reminded me that I have been meaning to get a couple of those cheap surgical kits for model making, I got a pair of forceps a while ago and they have been super handy for glue ups.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Anyone got experience with Vibram knock-offs? They're those "barefeet shoes" that look like a glove for your feet. The real ones are kinda pricey, but - according to amazon reviews - the fake ones have a thick sole which defeats the purpose of barefeet shoes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I've done surgery on myself twice and I'm not dead.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've done surgery on myself twice and I'm not dead.

But did you do surgery on a grape?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

But did you do surgery on a grape?

Kinda.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
whooooo waaaaaants a sweeeeaaaaterrrr???
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003306480979.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002099292087.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003234554741.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002505469234.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003203319812.html

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I only kinda want the one with bunnies on it :shobon:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Don't have the link on my phone but store 'merry pretty' seems to consistently stock some pretty unhinged sweaters as well

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've had one of those goose sweaters in my cart for a while but I have no idea how to size it because I guess it's supposed to be absurdly big?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I like this Frank sweater - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001661527309.html

but I am always wary about not doing an intolerance by having eg:

on my sleeves when I have no clue what (if anything) it actually says. I wish they wouldn't do this :mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I like this Frank sweater

From Lisa's dark period?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't even recognise the language. What does diacritics like that?

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

I think this is the most expensive thing I've ordered on aliexpress. Can't wait for murder duck sweater. I hope it fits.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

goatface posted:

I don't even recognise the language. What does diacritics like that?

Arabic script has some double-dot diacritics above and below the characters, but none that look like these.

I pointed the Google Translate app at a straightened and corrected Photoshop version and it briefly said

FIELD OF BLOOD

I should have screencapped it but couldn't get it to show again.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002275494760.html

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BasicLich posted:

It's what Dead would have wanted :allears:

Maybe but Dead needed help he never got, he had serious issues. His family asks people to not pass the picture around. With time the picture went from shocking, fascinating and now it's just sad personally. RIP Per Ohlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Does anyone have recommendations for a decent allround flashlight?

It sounds a bit banal, but we need one and there's a ton of good looking ones on Ali but I have no idea if they're any good. I kind of prefer battery-operated ones over ones with built in Li Ion batteries because of flexibility (are there ones that have built in battery chargers?). Other than that I don't really know.